Google Fiber

General discussion. Please stay civil.
Staris
Priest
Google Fiber

Post by Staris » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:31 pm

So not office just yet but Joun sounds like I to will soon be able to say my town has google fiber but also doubtful that I will be close enough to get it at my house. Only hope that as close as I am to Galardia where some of the basketball players live may mean Google branches out NW enough to also cover my house.

To Dashl, so what are the chances this gets you to move to Okc when the fiber is here.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: Google Fiber

Post by Blackferne » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Bulwark and I are just outside the intended Google fiber footprint in Austin. But we do have TWC trying to fight off competition so they seem more willing to give more bandwidth for less.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:27 pm

If it does turn out to be true in hindsight the internet providers have been much more forthcoming on upgrading speeds for free which makes me wonder if the ISPs have been getting wind of this possibility happening for a while now.

But even if we aren't able directly will still like the added competition.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Will have to wait a little bit longer at the very least as OKC was put on the potential list.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Blackferne wrote:Bulwark and I are just outside the intended Google fiber footprint in Austin. But we do have TWC trying to fight off competition so they seem more willing to give more bandwidth for less.
Yeah, I called TWC, and they upgraded me to a 200 line for the price of a 15.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:57 pm

Staris wrote:So not office just yet but Joun sounds like I to will soon be able to say my town has google fiber but also doubtful that I will be close enough to get it at my house. Only hope that as close as I am to Galardia where some of the basketball players live may mean Google branches out NW enough to also cover my house.

To Dashl, so what are the chances this gets you to move to Okc when the fiber is here.

OKC scares me.