Week of June 22-26

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Marrkin
Bishop
Week of June 22-26

Post by Marrkin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:33 am

Just an FYI, I'll be offline until Friday the 26th. I have been scheduled @ the shooting range to work every night this week until 8:30pm PST

Good time for some other folks to get through 32 and 34 POE's!

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: Week of June 22-26

Post by Furiel » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:04 pm

We would if there's ever more than 2 of us on... Although Midget and I have been getting some quality work done on his alts...
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:25 pm

I do jump on for a bit but I'll also see if Turrus is available but his son is grounded from all digital devices after getting caught sneaking at night to watch youtube and his summer job might mean he is unavailable.

If I'm not on send me a text and if I can I'll get on.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:48 pm

I still need a 32 run of PoE this week on my hunter.

And I started dipping my toes back into the crucible last night. That's how bored I was. I was so bored I started to PvP!!
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Hate to ask this, but Furiel & Staris.. being our resident reddit-joiner(s?) and overall research type folks..

Any chance you may be able to keep a lookout to put us in an active home? I want to be able to experience the content, and I am sure you guys want to as well. I'd rather you all not be stuck because our tripod is missing a leg if you know what I mean. I wish that COA could live on in Destiny, but I am not up for the effort of "recruiting" and I am afraid that if we do not do something that we will again stagnate ourselves into remission.

Also, with TTK coming in September, then raiding will be viable once more as well. I do not wish to give up on this game. They are obviously making improvements, and we seem to have been enjoying our victories once again.

Admittedly, experiencing Reddit does not interest me in the least... I feel nearly overwhelmed by the small amount of social media I do have.
Otherwise I wouldn't ask.

Lastly.. I am glad Midget has been able to play. Sometimes I feel he's left out a bit :woe: It's probably just my own perception.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:49 pm

I can look into it. I know there are several communities out there that are more like cooperative communities where we could keep our tag but still be part of a larger group as well that could be good fits.

And speaking of tripod...just to make Staris jealous. I rerolled a dreamwalker Saturday night with Arc, tripod and tracking perks. I also picked up 2 more solar launchers both with clown cartridege and tracking perks. Just need a void tracker to complete my collection. Then I can start rerolling shotties for void, shot package and rifled barrel...

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:55 pm

min/max all the shotty things! Need MOAR range and Stability and full-auto!

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Not that I'm apposed to the idea but I tend to get into games with the attitude of experiencing as much as I can but not requiring it. I enjoyed the raiding we did in swtor and was prove of what we accomplished and was completely ok with not being on the hardest content as it was coming out, realistically if I don't step into another serious raid I enjoy what I can and be completely ok. Granted that would mean limiting the content TTK adds for me but I will enjoy what I can, an attitude I developed that from my early mmos I played where I predominantly soloed.

Obviously if we we can get back to raiding either us alone or from outside sources would be fine by me.

PS Yes Furiel I am a bit envious of your gear.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Agree on all points..

I am not interested in becoming hardcore for any of this, but it would be nice to have at least the option of completing some of that content with a stable roster of peeps.

OK, so I would totally become hardcore if I was getting paid for it or some such.. but that ain't happening lol :shifty:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:27 pm

Marrkin wrote:min/max all the shotty things! Need MOAR range and Stability and full-auto!
Sadly Full Auto is not an option with Shot Package, they share a perk spot. So the void shotty I have now with full auto is for ending Minotards. Need one for PvPing to get the Thorn bounty done with Void, Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Rifled Barrel and Rangefinder would be perfect. That and some skill, that would help too.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:28 am

I talked to Cuspar briefly tonight about this as well since he's technically the leader on the Bungie site at least.

So my intended approach after doing some google research is that I'm in the process of registering myself on the Dads of Destiny website. Once I'm registered there I'm going to register the church as a registered clan. As a registered clan we just have to abide by their rules, which we do anyway, and can do limited recruiting on their forums. My intention is to solicit for another small, similar clan we can team up with or maybe add a handful of new members. Either way the hope is to just expand our circle of gamers by a half dozen or so people, which would be enough for us to start raiding regularly again plus a decent pool for PoE and such as well.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:41 pm

yeah, DoD is kind of what I had in mind for inspiration/aspiration purposes.

Sounds good to me though..