The Taken King - Sept 15, 2015 xpac

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:50 pm

So Kotaku confirmed this finally...

Also.. We all had a discussion a while back and it turns out that I was 100% correct. The 3rd subclass slot will be giving each Guardian the damage type they are currently missing :rave:

Read it here: Kotaku - The Taken King

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: The Taken King - Sept 15, 2015 xpac

Post by Furiel » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:09 pm

More fucking hive...

Where's my Cabal raid bitches?!?!?!!!!!
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Yeah, the one part I am not happy with honestly, the only thing offsetting that IMO is the sub-class additions. Then I can play all of my characters with equal happiness...

... but you also know that means there will be new Exotic Helmets to level :twisted: > :rave: > :shifty: > :woe: > :shun:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:33 pm

update-y type stuffs...

Kotaku interview after playing part of the xpac:

http://kotaku.com/we-played-the-new-des ... Socialflow

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:29 pm

So all I will say is this:

After my experience last night... I am so looking forward to this expansion! :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave:

That is all...

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:33 pm

yep I've already preordered the digital version.

but I'll still bug you for details.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:20 am

Let's talk Monday night when I'm back. Preferably over a bunch of PoE runs.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:14 pm

yeah we'll talk.. I trust you guys and I know I don't have to say it.. but mum's the word.

The reason I'm saying it is because I have invited an old friend of mine and her husband to hop into our channels if they see us online. She is trying to get through PoE as well (has not downed Skolas) and if they happen to login early enough then I said we may be able to help.

The deal with the extra hush-hush is that she is married to the Senior Art Director for Destiny.

I had to sign 2 legally binding documents just to get past the lobby @ Bungie :woe:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:24 pm

so your saying I can tease you with deals to spill the beans that you can't accept while they are on.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:56 pm

I think it's a deal where not only can he not talk about it when they are in channel, but we need to watch what we say in general when they are in channel so we don't talk about stuff we shouldn't know. Let them know they can add me if they want I'm back early afternoon Monday and will help them whenever.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:29 am

aww your no fun, but seriously yea I knew not to bring it up at all.

Also for sure on helping.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:37 pm

More tidbits, taken from a Kotaku Article (which was taken from a Game Informer issue):

Kotaku: The Taken King

·There are eight new story missions that Bungie’s calling the “first act” of The Taken King, and then there will be a host of other quests and bounty chains that you can get from various vendors at the Reef and Tower. One example of these endgame quests: Unsealed Paradox, a mission set inside the Vault of Glass that’s all about a certain dude by the name of Praedyth. There’s also the raid, of course; it’s called King’s Fall and Bungie’s hyping it up to hell and back. (So stoked for this one.)

·Lots of little story touches—because what would Destiny be without story?—like the new Nolan North-voiced Ghost jabbering with Eris Morn, Zavala, and other various characters as you play. You’ll also be able to examine random objects during missions for little blasts of lore, Bungie says. Maybe this is how they’ll implement all those grimoire cards?

·They’re reorganizing old story missions too, to better incorporate the stuff from The Dark Below and House of Wolves into the main quest. The reef, for example, will now open up once you meet the Awoken Queen.

·Members of the Taken—the new enemy race—have all sorts of abilities: Taken Wizards, for example, will summon shadow thralls to kill you. Taken Vandals have Titan-Defender-like shields and Taken Captains throw orbs that can temporarily blind you.

·There are four new strikes: Fallen Saber (on Earth; you’ll fight against a super-powered Shank); Shield Brothers (on the Dreadnaught; you’ll take out two Cabal leaders); Sunless Cell (hunt down a Hive Darkblade who rebelled against Oryx); and Echo Chamber (this is the PlayStation-exclusive one; it’s yet another Vex mind). Three old strikes are also getting remixed: Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae.

·These new strikes have “raid-light” mechanics, Bungie says; in other words, you won’t just be killing waves of enemies, thank god. And since the developers are well aware of how repetitive strikes are, they’re triggering these new and revised strikes to change up enemies and even narrations on replays, which could be either really great or really irritating. No in-between.

·Year One legendary weapons will go obsolete fast—Bungie says that when you load up The Taken King, you might even find white or green weapons with higher attack values than your poor 365 Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence. RIP.

·You’ll be able to turn in Bounties without going back to the vendor. Game-changer.

·The Gunsmith in the Tower will have his own reputation meter and bounties—work with him enough and you’ll be able to order weekly weapon deliveries, which sound really neat. Once a week you can pay him for a new legendary weapon, which will arrive on Wednesday with a random set of new perks.

·Lots of reputation/material streamlining: Vanguard and Crucible marks are turning into one pool called Legendary Marks, while all class armor materials (like Plasteel Plating) will morph into items called Armor Materials.

·No new vault space yet. Says Luke Smith to GI: “We’re still bumping into a technical limitation for vault space. We are exploring options for getting stuff out of players’ inventories via these kiosks that we’ve placed around the tower, but we’re still working toward a solution that we’re excited about.”

·There’s an exotic pulse rifle called No Time To Explain. Yep.

·Lots of other new exotics coming too, like Sleeper Simulant, a heavy weapon fusion rifle that shoots bouncy laser blasts. You have to do a whole quest line (filled with puzzles, Bungie says—actual puzzles!) to get this one.

·Crucible quest lines are coming, as are new Crucible bounty types. Trials of Osiris will get its own set of bounties, and you’ll be able to play through an array of weekly Crucible bounties that eventually lead you to exotic-caliber rewards. This is in addition to all the new PVP maps (eight!) and modes (three that we know of, so far).

·The Dreadnaught sounds pretty rad, like it’ll be full of more interesting content than most patrol zones that are in Destiny today. Says Smith: “Through your adventuring on the hive ship, you’re going to find a bunch of arcane objects that you can use to summon ultra bosses.” Uh, yes.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:27 pm

I'm still skeptical. Jaded might be a bit more accurate. I suspect my Fatebringer and VoC will still be useful in nightfalls though unless they added an way outside of the raids/etc to obtain elemental primaries. I dunno, even though I've dealt with it in bunches of games, I'm not too jazzed about not being able to take my FB and VoC with me...
·Lots of reputation/material streamlining: Vanguard and Crucible marks are turning into one pool called Legendary Marks, while all class armor materials (like Plasteel Plating) will morph into items called Armor Materials.
Staris and I were literally just talking about this the other night and how stupid it was/is that I can get a bunch of rep with Dead Orbit doing PvE, but can only get their gear via PvP.

I have some other mixed feelings right now that I don't want to get into until I read the whole GI article. Hopefully it will allay my concerns. Or make things worse, who knows.

Also - talked to Cuspar today, he hasn't heard anything from DoD on our application, and he probably will not be buying TTK.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Furiel wrote:Also - talked to Cuspar today, he hasn't heard anything from DoD on our application, and he probably will not be buying TTK.
I know I am buying it, I figured (or had high hopes) that you and Staris would buy it.... not sure about Midget. If I had to guess then I'd say Choppy and Dirty will buy it as well, but I may be wrong.
Furiel wrote:I'm still skeptical. Jaded might be a bit more accurate. I suspect my Fatebringer and VoC will still be useful in nightfalls though unless they added an way outside of the raids/etc to obtain elemental primaries. I dunno, even though I've dealt with it in bunches of games, I'm not too jazzed about not being able to take my FB and VoC with me...
I agree, not terribly jazzed about the idea of leaving some of the best non-exotic weapons behind.. but on the other hand I am actually looking forward to what is going to be new. Something tells me that even blue guns are going to be significantly more powerful than our current purples right out of the box :twisted:

Also, part of me remains quite jaded after the bull$#!t they called "The Dark Below". I'm trying to remain positive since they had so much redemption with HoW.
Furiel wrote:
Staris and I were literally just talking about this the other night and how stupid it was/is that I can get a bunch of rep with Dead Orbit doing PvE, but can only get their gear via PvP.
I love these implementations.. as well as the Weaponsmith Rep. I don't mind grinding a faction rep as long as it remains useful.
Furiel wrote:I have some other mixed feelings right now that I don't want to get into until I read the whole GI article. Hopefully it will allay my concerns. Or make things worse, who knows.
Do your concerns outweigh the benefits of any of the proposed changes? I totally understand having concerns... I think we all have them for the game at this point lol. For myself, I feel my concerns are few thus far, and nothing significant enough to keep me from experiencing the new content.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm not 100% sure that I'm not buying it. If it allows me to run around planets casually again and futher story, and get gear easily, I'll consider picking it up. I don't have any legendaries that I'm particularly attached to.
Cuspar

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Marrkin wrote:I know I am buying it, I figured (or had high hopes) that you and Staris would buy it.... not sure about Midget. If I had to guess then I'd say Choppy and Dirty will buy it as well, but I may be wrong.
I digitally pre-ordered back in June maybe early July so yes I am getting it.
Marrkin wrote:
Furiel wrote:I'm still skeptical. Jaded might be a bit more accurate. I suspect my Fatebringer and VoC will still be useful in nightfalls though unless they added an way outside of the raids/etc to obtain elemental primaries. I dunno, even though I've dealt with it in bunches of games, I'm not too jazzed about not being able to take my FB and VoC with me...
I agree, not terribly jazzed about the idea of leaving some of the best non-exotic weapons behind.. but on the other hand I am actually looking forward to what is going to be new. Something tells me that even blue guns are going to be significantly more powerful than our current purples right out of the box :twisted:

Also, part of me remains quite jaded after the bull$#!t they called "The Dark Below". I'm trying to remain positive since they had so much redemption with HoW.
I will say it doesn't currently seem like Bungie is an every other update being good with TK so far but realistically who would have called Dark Below being such an f-up before it got released.
Marrkin wrote:
Furiel wrote:
I love these implementations.. as well as the Weaponsmith Rep. I don't mind grinding a faction rep as long as it remains useful.
I'm not against the idea of what they are doing but will wait to see how the implementation gets done.

I already figured our current exotics would get over taken with the new gear coming out, don't know if that means I put them aside or just accept the damage levels similar to when DB came out didn't stop me from using VoC. I will be surprise however if there isn't some way to upgrade them again to be TK levels, though Bungie may try and hold off on releasing that upgrade mechanic until the dlc after TK to try and keep the complaints of yet another material to get to upgrade the gear.

May mean I'll want to do more to stock up on coins as I would expect Zur to sale TK leveled exotics unless they are changing that with the changes to Vendor Rep.

DitryLaxStar18
Friend of Alvis

Post by DitryLaxStar18 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:08 pm

For sure buying TTK. Count me in.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:24 pm

For those that maybe didn't see the Weekly Update from Bungie:

Pro-Tip: Don’t dismantle anything until the full developer briefing.

This briefing will be via Twitch on Aug 19th @ 11am PST

Kinda wonder what this means... hopefully work will be lax enough for me to check this out.