Prison Of Elders

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Marrkin
Bishop
Prison Of Elders

Post by Marrkin » Wed May 27, 2015 6:20 pm

First, I will just say this: The Prison of Elders and the challenges is contains are what Destiny needed from the start.

Last night, I was graced with a good run through the lvl 32 PoE, and then we decided to go to the lvl 34 and check it out. We began that foray at approx. 7:30pm PST. We had one of us @ 34, and myself and Phoenix529 @ lvl 33.

After 4 hair-raising challenges and probably 10 restarts on the lvl 34 Boss (Qodron)... we admitted defeat and logged for the evening.
Seriously.. this dude makes our old Atheon runs look like a bad day of winning the lottery. Qodron is a giant plasma-chucking Gate Lord from hell. During that whole fight you are surrounded by a constant onslaught of 'yellow' Hobgoblin snipers, other goblins, and harpies.

Add into that the following mechanic: About 1 min into the fight, it is announced that Qodron is seeking targets for annihilation or some such. About 5 seconds after this every fireteam member gets a Templar shield on them (think Vault of Glass) which does the following:

1. Eliminates the players shields and puts your health instantly to red..
2. ...then Drains the players life over time..
3. ... and kills you if it is not destroyed

This all takes about 3-4 seconds to happen.

However... just before this all occurs, there is a SINGULAR goblin that spawns named the Eye of Qodron (yellow named). He is chrome colored instead of bronze. If you kill him, then the player that made the killing shot gets a buff called "Jail Breaker" which increases your weapon damage exponentially. This person is essentially in charge of getting everyone else out (While being sniped, and nuked, and harpied). This series of events occurs about every 30 seconds.

Cycle all of this on rinse & repeat.. and you have the Qodron fight.

Put simply:
It sucks, It sucks hard, It sucks long.... and we laid down our arms around 11pm PST.

tl;dr - The new content is refreshing, frantic, and frustrating. At the same time, it's just the challenge needed to keep someone like me occupied for a decent amount of time.

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: Prison Of Elders

Post by Furiel » Wed May 27, 2015 7:03 pm

When are you carrying me through?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed May 27, 2015 7:22 pm

I'll be on tonight... been trying to work folks through the lvl 28 so we can get everyone unlocked for the higher levels. I'd like to do it with folks we know, since the 28 is matchmade. I'd rather not have any freeloading public-types.

It was cool finishing that lvl 32 and getting the Armor Core though. The ol' Titan has a shiny new chest piece =)

I really wanted that lvl 34 finish. So close to having that Etheric Light :woe: We tried our asses off though. Literally, I had none left so I had to lay down instead of sit afterwards...

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed May 27, 2015 8:29 pm

I probably won't be on until around 9:30 central 7:30 you time but I'd be up for that for sure. If I'm going to be a lot later than that I can text you. Unless you changed your phone # since Oct I remembered last night I actually have it.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed May 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Same number, but if there is no grand announcement of who you are then I'll probably just stare at it in confusion.
Later than 7:30pm is no problem.. the lvl 28 only takes about 30-40 minutes to run through from the first door opening to a dead boss.

I'll be on again tomorrow. Gotta work Friday night ( :woe: ) which kinda sucks, but also doesn't. Then I'll be on Sat afternoon/evening

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed May 27, 2015 9:33 pm

I'll be interested so will try to remember to be on around then. I would also like it if we have to time or some other night to do the nightfall as I really want to start getting the new gear upgrade component.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed May 27, 2015 10:00 pm

You know I'm down to help.

I am compelled to get to 34 since I basically skipped the last expansion, and the challenge of it actually feels like a challenge, rather than a grind (so far lol).

Plus, I miss playin' with everyone.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed May 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Staris wrote:I'll be interested so will try to remember to be on around then. I would also like it if we have to time or some other night to do the nightfall as I really want to start getting the new gear upgrade component.
I still have my hunter and titan to run through the NF so I'm down for some red hot NF action the next couple nights. I won't be on until 8:30 or later any night though due to volleyball and munchkin commitments.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat May 30, 2015 2:08 am

Having done PoE once on my warlock and thinking some about the experience since then I've become convinced of 1 thing, we need to find time to run the raids on HM to get the raid primaries. VoC, Word of Crota, Fang of Ir Yut, Fatebringer would all be incredibly useful in there. The ones I listed would be preferable obviously but really getting 1 raid primary of each element type would be super useful so you can really tailor your loadout. Especially against the Vex and all those god damn minotaurs.

Who would be up for running HM Vault Monday night to take a shot at getting some of those raid primaries?

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sat May 30, 2015 2:24 am

I'd be up. I can also ask my brother-in-law if he would be interested, though would mean needing to drop it down to normal so he can get exposed to the mechanics.

If there is enough interest I would be willing to start the sign-ups sheets again.

Though with VoG still being complete random on the drops may be better working towards DB HM, where the chance of good drops improves with time. Not that I'm unwilling to do VoG just throwing it out there.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat May 30, 2015 5:30 am

My thought process was that we know the Vault, so we start there. Plus HM crota is still 33, whereas HM VoG is 30 so we'd be way overlevel for the Vault, under/even level for crota. I'm down for either though.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sun May 31, 2015 5:05 pm

my brother-in-law is up for VoG so that is at least three. He and I will be on at least for the nightfall and if we get six willing can figure out what we do.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sun May 31, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm hoping for 32 PoE tonight and raid tomorrow if people are online the next 2 nights.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:55 pm

I was in no condition to even claim being conscious last night.. kinda set Hulu on auto-pilot and did my best impression of an eggplant for the evening.

I do intend to be on tonight after the Gym however.