Destiny Expansion Maths...

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Marrkin
Bishop
Destiny Expansion Maths...

Post by Marrkin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Came across this little gem of an article that broke down the "time vs. currency" for things that went live with the Dark Below:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/15/73936 ... g-hardcore

I do not agree however that it is punishing hardcore players.... I feel it is punishing everyone who has been playing this game since day one.

Hate to say, but I am way less than impressed with the Dark Below expansion. There are a few small things here and there that I have enjoyed, but overall there was so much "recycling" that I am frankly unsure why they made folks pay for this, or even why they decided to call it an expansion. This was nothing more than a DLC plain and simple. Also, I am in complete agreement that there was absolutely NO need to introduce additional "currencies" for upgrades. It made the gear progression way more sluggish and tedious than necessary.

Tl;DR - There is a good chance this expansion and overtly pointless grind trend is probably going to kill the game for me. 1 week in and I already feel bored with the 'expansion', and there just won't be enough to keep me occupied (new or old) until the next expansion/DLC.

Marrkin
Bishop

Re: Destiny Expansion Maths...

Post by Marrkin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Also... quite often I log in because others are playing.

Being in there with all you folks is what makes it playable on a daily basis :yoda:
So, I'm still gonna play, but solo-time is probably a thing of the past...

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:08 pm

I agree with you Marrkin. As all of you know, I am anything but hardcore, and I feel like this expansion actually punishes the semi-casual even more. I basically can get ONE vanguard commendation and ONE exotic shard a week. I'm at least 4 weeks away from being 31, which makes the new raid a distant goal for me. I do really love flying around and shooting shit with the gang though, so I'm not going anywhere. I just hope it doesn't make me a boat anchor for the group.
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:21 pm

As long as half the raid is 31 we should be ok to raid IMO. I just know I've been lonely the last couple nights and was kinda disappointed that there was no one on last night to get some nightfall runs in.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Furiel wrote:As long as half the raid is 31 we should be ok to raid IMO. I just know I've been lonely the last couple nights and was kinda disappointed that there was no one on last night to get some nightfall runs in.
My intent was to play last night, but then Monday night I got damn near no sleep.. so instead of playing I drugged myself into an early coma with earplugs in and slept like a stone until this morning.

I will fo' sho' be on tonight.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:42 pm

I was on for a bit, did some bounties, but I couldn't keep my eyes open. I passed out pretty early, but I will be on tonight.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:48 pm

I played some with the intention of doing the nightfall and I will be the same tonight if we get a point where we have enough and I'm in DAI start a party, invite me, and I'll switch over. I've trimmed down the dailies to one character so I'm getting through that pretty quickly and switching over to DAI well before the normal time we would raid.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:05 pm

I'll be on after my son's Christmas concert tonight.
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:15 am

Yeah you won't. Too bad too we baptized baby Jeezbus on his first nightfall tonight.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel