Glass Vault 12-9 - 12-15

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Staris
Priest
Glass Vault 12-9 - 12-15

Post by Staris » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:54 am

Sorry about the delay but here is the link for the Raid sign up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =847376743

I did mention it in my notes but I've got client sites to upgrade which for as few a sites as need upgrading would normally mean maybe two evenings getting off around 9PM and thus home by 9:30PM but with it being our more customized and thus problematic to upgrade will not surprise me if it takes almost all week. I can however take my time as long as I'm making progress so if we have a full group with enough heads up I can take an evening off to Raid.

Marrkin
Bishop

Re: Glass Vault 12-9 - 12-15

Post by Marrkin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Although I scheduled as "yes" and "Maybe", I have a thought:

Beyond ascendant materials, Bungie has removed the need to run VoG at all because the armor from the VG and Faction vendors is now above the raid armor level.

I recommend that we take a week or two to run as much content like Dailies/Strikes/Bounties as we can to get the new drops as well as the commendations and marks for the vendor supplied armors, and consider the Vault just something we knock out through maybe the Templar to grab those couple extra materials. I believe our time will be better spent outside the Vault earning xp for our new gear and weapons as well.

Last nights run just drove it home for me, that running VoG is a futile effort for gearing.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:07 pm

although the raid weapons will end up under powered I still think they are worthwhile just not sure with the rarity of them dropping is worth it overall.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:52 pm

The only time the raid weapons provides any advantage generally speaking is on the nightfall or when the weekly has a burn. And considering we've NEVER seen the timepiece or fatebringer drop I don't think the effort is necessarily worth the potential payout.

I agree with Maarkin that leveling activities, learning the new strikes, getting rep, nightfall, weekly, glimmer, etc should be the focus this week then we start working on Scrotas End next week, or maybe Monday if we have enough 30+
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:38 pm

I am up for Strikes, but VoG is just not worth it. If Jeezbus and Arrican want to run it, then I am for it, otherwise I think getting marks and rep is the better option right now.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Dashl wrote:I am up for Strikes, but VoG is just not worth it. If Jeezbus and Arrican want to run it, then I am for it, otherwise I think getting marks and rep is the better option right now.
Agreed. I will run it with the new old guys at some point, merely to learn the mechanics mo' better. I really know how to:

- defend the right conflux
- shoot oracles on the left side of the Templar fight
- jump across the platforms like a mufukkin BOSS
- to follow someone around the Atheon fight

I'd like to learn the relic etc just for the sake of future raids using the same mechanics.
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Rumor has it someday they will be adding a lvl 32 setting to VoG, and I would like to do it on hard at least once so I can say I've done that.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Furiel wrote:... I would like to do it on hard at least once so I can say I've done that.
Hopefully they make those changes along with adding smart-loot and smoothing out the stupid bugs/buggy mechanics.

I also would like to do it on Hard, but I am also totally comfortable with trying it once we are all geared @ 30+ :twisted:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:37 pm

We should try to do something tonight. My warlock is 31 so I'm ready for CE. Or if we put some groups together to get through the nightfall/weekly on alts I think we could all use the additional loot roll chances.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:01 pm

I would vote alts as I would prefer to have at least half of the group 31 before we attempt Dark Below Raid. I do know that we can take people who haven't unlocked as long as the leader has, thought my warlock had unlocked but figured out I was on the 25 wizzards quest right unlocking when we did the weekly.