A Dubious Task - Exotic Bounty

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Marrkin
Bishop
A Dubious Task - Exotic Bounty

Post by Marrkin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:24 pm

So, I know at least two of us have this bounty right now, and we have been dreading stage which required the 25 k/d spread in Crucible matches... However it looks as though this part may not be as bad as we thought:

- A kill or assist is +1 point and a death is -1 points. Earn a total of 25 points. This can be done across multiple Crucible games.

Meaning that as long as you have more kills than deaths, its just a matter of math over the number of games required to reach 25.

I know I frequent around 15/8 (sometimes better, sometimes worse)... meaning that would count for 7 out of the 25 required. 4 games like this and I'm done.

Doesn't seem so bad.... just can't go negative is all...

That Being Said:

Apparently the Invective isn't a great shotgun to use lol....

- The Invective upgrade generates four shells every twenty seconds.
- Although Invective is capable of fully automatic fire, it should be noted that it has heavy recoil, even by shotgun standards. Because of this, it is recommended to only go "full auto" when aiming at a large target and/or at point blank range.
- The reload speed, range, and recoil are very poor. The low range and accuracy, even with the Send It perk activated, will usually mean you have to empty 3 rounds into someone to get them to fall over if you are at a normal short-medium range. It’s obviously capable of one-hit kills, but only at the closest of ranges

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: A Dubious Task - Exotic Bounty

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:37 pm

I have PvP to do for my exotic weapon bounty as well, but it's for Tolands Journal. I have to finish the strikes first and talk to Xur so I won't be doing it til the weekend but if you guys want to group up for crucible over the weekend I'm down.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Always down for whatev's... not much in the way of availability beyond the evenings.

We shall see!

NewFoundTerror
Friend of Alvis

Post by NewFoundTerror » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 am

Marrkin,
I'm working on this same bounty. Been thinking of getting rid of it...

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:07 pm

NewFoundTerror wrote:Marrkin,
I'm working on this same bounty. Been thinking of getting rid of it...
I was thinking of getting rid of it too, because I was not looking forward to the PVP portion.

After checking this out I'm just going to slap on my man-boots and get it done. If I hate it that much afterwards, I'll just dismantle the damn thing for some Asc. Energy lol.