Glass Vault Normal 10-18 & 10-19

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Staris
Priest
Glass Vault Normal 10-18 & 10-19

Post by Staris » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:34 pm

I don't expect us to raid both but figured I would throw out feelers to get a better idea on the days we can and can't raid. In Confirming specify preference of of either day or both as well as the earliest you can play.

Current Time is tentatively set for 6:00PM Central.
Current End Time Sunday is 11:00PM Central Saturday is as late as the group is willing to play.

Confirmed List Monday:
Staris Either pretty much all day Saturday anytime after 4PM Central Sunday
Markin Both 6PM
Choppastyle600 Saturday
Dashl Saturday 6PM
NoFoundTerror Both, late on Sunday
Dirtylaxstar18

Standby
Last edited by Staris on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Marrkin
Bishop

Re: Glass Vault Normal 10-18 & 10-19

Post by Marrkin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:54 pm

In for either/both days.... any time after 4pm

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:50 pm

The 19th is Sunday... I'm out Fri and Sat this week it's a munchkin weekend.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Choppastyle600
Friend of Alvis

Post by Choppastyle600 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:13 pm

I'd be down to play Saturday. I just got my Warlock Sunsinger to level 26. Iv'e got the Sunsinger fully upgraded and the Voidwalker half upgraded. I've got a couple of legendary items now, but I could use a legendary primary weapon. I hope Xur has some better stuff this weekend, otherwise my buddy and I have been working hard to get our Vanguard reputation to lvl 3 so we can buy some better gear.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Choppastyle600 wrote:I'd be down to play Saturday. I just got my Warlock Sunsinger to level 26. Iv'e got the Sunsinger fully upgraded and the Voidwalker half upgraded. I've got a couple of legendary items now, but I could use a legendary primary weapon. I hope Xur has some better stuff this weekend, otherwise my buddy and I have been working hard to get our Vanguard reputation to lvl 3 so we can buy some better gear.
If you aren't I would suggest doing the 24 playlist, it will give you the rep, engrams to level up your cryptark level, and the chance to drop some legendary and exotic items.

Choppastyle600
Friend of Alvis

Post by Choppastyle600 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Staris wrote:
Choppastyle600 wrote:I'd be down to play Saturday. I just got my Warlock Sunsinger to level 26. Iv'e got the Sunsinger fully upgraded and the Voidwalker half upgraded. I've got a couple of legendary items now, but I could use a legendary primary weapon. I hope Xur has some better stuff this weekend, otherwise my buddy and I have been working hard to get our Vanguard reputation to lvl 3 so we can buy some better gear.
If you aren't I would suggest doing the 24 playlist, it will give you the rep, engrams to level up your cryptark level, and the chance to drop some legendary and exotic items.
My Cryptark level is 5 and I haven't gotten any decent items from the legendary pack that you get for each level gained. I believe the level 24 strike playlist only gives 25 rep. Not considering the drops, wouldn't doing patrols with bounties net faster vanguard reputation gained? At this point, I think I'm banking on buying my next legendary weapon. Drops just seem too random and I think I'm ready for a good challenge in the vault of glass.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Choppastyle600 wrote:
Staris wrote:
My Cryptark level is 5 and I haven't gotten any decent items from the legendary pack that you get for each level gained. I believe the level 24 strike playlist only gives 25 rep. Not considering the drops, wouldn't doing patrols with bounties net faster vanguard reputation gained? At this point, I think I'm banking on buying my next legendary weapon. Drops just seem too random and I think I'm ready for a good challenge in the vault of glass.
Its more the combination of things. You get guaranteed rare emblems that could crit to legendary. The chance that instead of getting a rare emblem for completing the strike getting legendary emblems or exotic. At higher levels of Cryptark seem to have slightly higher chances of giving legendaries, though that seems to possible been tweeked with the 1.2 patch, I've gotten I think about four or five since but Dashl has hit a dry spell. Though you don't get a lot of rep I tend to run the playlist with bounties that can done at the same time. That way when I'm doing patrols I can focus on collecting resources and watching http://destinypublicevents.com/ for public events.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Definitely a combination of things to do.

Bounties and Patrols will net you the best Rep at speed, but no real gear to speak of.

Vanguard Tiger playlist will net you VG Marks, rep, and engrams. Rinse and repeat all of these things as needed... most of these Strikes should only take about 30 min or less. This is nearly the same timeframe for a few patrols when you add in the travel that some of those patrols require.

If you are on and available, we usually help folks through the Nightfall and Weekly Heroic as well. The Nightfall has a wonderful habit of handing out Exotics, though its not guaranteed. The weekly heroics give a stupid amount of rep, Ascendant stuff, 9 Strange Coins (I think).

Don't be afraid to ask, we pretty much always figure out a way to make sure everyone has the help they need.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:11 pm

The daily story gives good rep and 5 marks and is usually soloable so it's worth doing too.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Saturday after 6pm will be good for me, gives me time to take a nap so I can stay up later.

Tiger playlist is the best way to level, get gear, and get rep and marks.

NewFoundTerror
Friend of Alvis

Post by NewFoundTerror » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:55 am

I'm good for Saturday but Sunday I might not be able to get on until late PM.

Now I mean absolutely no harm to anyone with this comment!
I don't know if it's such a good idea to have anyone on the team thats not at least high 27 - 28+.
The damage they would take would make the of level players have to work harder then needed.
Now I'm just saying but if we need the players we can always give it a go.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:05 pm

NewFoundTerror wrote:I'm good for Saturday but Sunday I might not be able to get on until late PM.

Now I mean absolutely no harm to anyone with this comment!
I don't know if it's such a good idea to have anyone on the team thats not at least high 27 - 28+.
The damage they would take would make the of level players have to work harder then needed.
Now I'm just saying but if we need the players we can always give it a go.
There might be some benefit in trying to restrict to higher levels but that having a good variety of weapons with the different elements is in all likely-hood more important. Now having higher levels can mean more chances to getting a good mix of high quality but isn't guaranteed. I know I personally need to get more Arc which can have more of an impact then me being 29.

I would rather bring someone that is 26 to help expose them to the fights and get gear and ascendant material will help them get to the higher levels faster.

Choppastyle600
Friend of Alvis

Post by Choppastyle600 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Dirtylaxstar18 just got to 26. He is in for tonight. What time are we thinking?

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Small update to my time: I will be available after 4pm PST.... not CST...

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Marrkin wrote:Small update to my time: I will be available after 4pm PST.... not CST...
Noted, wasn't sure which and wasn't too worried since Dashl had said 6PM Central for himself anyway.
Choppastyle600 wrote:Dirtylaxstar18 just got to 26. He is in for tonight
Added him but I would prefer he create an account so he can do his on signing up for raids. I'm not going to force it today but might not guarantee a position in the future of order of signing up.

So if we get more then 6 in a future raid those that signed up thru proxy even if early enough in the signup would end up on standby. This isn't to be a jerk but since I'm not getting the confirmation directly from the person, I run the risk that they are being signed up without their knowledge, as well as should their availability change for whatever reason might not get back here in a quick enough time.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Choppastyle600 wrote:What time are we thinking?
Currently set for 6PM Central though I would suggest getting on at least a couple minutes early to buy any ammo packs needed as well as possibly pickup heavy ammo in a patrol or something instead of having to use a pack.

I know I'll probably be on around 4PM Central and will be willing to do the daily and bounties.

NewFoundTerror
Friend of Alvis

Post by NewFoundTerror » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Guys I'm sorry, some personal stuff came up and I wont be able to get on until later tonight.

Choppastyle600
Friend of Alvis

Post by Choppastyle600 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Is there no raid now? I haven't heard from anyone.