Raid Rules

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Staris
Priest
Raid Rules

Post by Staris » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:04 pm

VoG Normal requirement is level 26.
VoG Hard requirement is currently 30.
VoG legendary or exotics weapons are not required for normal.
VoG Hard weapon require fully upgraded legendary / exotic.

DB Normal requirement is currently level 30, perfected 31 for Crota half the group needs to be 31 to attempt.
DB Hard requirement is currently unknown.

The difficulty of the raid signup can not be changed unless there is complete agreement by the full party at the time of the raid.
If we get more then 6 people all additional will be put on stand-by. Should someone not show up or become unavailable those on stand by will be taken in order of signing up.
Those on stand-by that show up but end up not raiding that night will be given priority on the next raid cycle.
On signing up a player can put themself on stand-by by noting it.
Voice communication is required with exception to special circumstance. Send a message to the admins prior to sign-up if needed.
Idle chat needs to be kept to a minimum during raid fights for ease of communication

Raid rules are subject to change at Admin discretion. Members will be notified when changes occur.
Last edited by Staris on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Marrkin
Bishop

Re: Raid Rules

Post by Marrkin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Please 'sticky' this...

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Marrkin wrote:Please 'sticky' this...
It has my goo all over it.

Too bad we got rid of the :sperm: smiley :woe:
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Not exactly rules but thought I would include links to explaining the Vault of Glass.

http://teambeyond.net/destiny-vault-of-glass-guide/

Personly liked the first link better just the second one includes the location of two chests during the maze part.
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/foru ... rough.html

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:13 pm

This is in the new dev notes 10/17/14:

"
Atheon

Next week's Hotfix is going to contain some fixes to the Atheon encounter.

•We've added "baby bumpers" to areas where players could knock Atheon out of the environment.

•Knocking a boss off a ledge is a bug. We will seek to address bugs like these as quickly as possible.

The encounter goal for Atheon is to act as a climax and the culmination of learning for a given Raid group. Part of that is making sure that each player in your group can perform every job as required. A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon's target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.
"

Choppastyle600
Friend of Alvis

Post by Choppastyle600 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Just a couple of videos on part 4 of the VOG raid. I'm sure most of us have watched similar ones, but maybe these could spark some new ideas for our raids. One of the key things I took from these videos is that neither group used their special on the conflux in the middle of the main area. Also, neither of these videos had oracles spawning in the middle during the phase before Atheon. Maybe there is a time limit inside the portals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0maXUWeQBBw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1rmIcQ0fM

Tell me what you think!

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Choppastyle600 wrote:Just a couple of videos on part 4 of the VOG raid. I'm sure most of us have watched similar ones, but maybe these could spark some new ideas for our raids. One of the key things I took from these videos is that neither group used their special on the conflux in the middle of the main area. Also, neither of these videos had oracles spawning in the middle during the phase before Atheon. Maybe there is a time limit inside the portals?

Tell me what you think!
I'll have to take a look at them but everything I have read says the only time you get oracles is when the vex sacrifice themselves. I figured the few we where getting was simply because some of the vex end up stuck at spots that lets them teleport right to the conflux making it difficult to kill them in time.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:15 pm

I've upped the require mean of level for the Second Boss based on the update coming that will randomize the three that gets teleported into the room when we get the main boss, means the three that are the weakest in the group will need to be able to handle being teleported and open the correct door.

Now this doesn't mean we have to have a group of all 28s or better start as we figured out how to farm the first boss last night, by having the leader that takes us to the raid is the character that the game uses for what checkpoints have been unlocked. To make that even a bit easier if I and one other person started with our alt as long as we could get to the first boss those two alts would be able to take a group each back to that point. I could easily see us on a weekend run killing the Templar twice maybe even a weekday just not guaranteed.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Choppastyle600 wrote:Just a couple of videos on part 4 of the VOG raid. I'm sure most of us have watched similar ones, but maybe these could spark some new ideas for our raids. One of the key things I took from these videos is that neither group used their special on the conflux in the middle of the main area. Also, neither of these videos had oracles spawning in the middle during the phase before Atheon. Maybe there is a time limit inside the portals?

Tell me what you think!
Honestly probably two of the best Vid's I've seen explaining this fight!

A number of things I am taking away from these (as well as others):

1. While in the time portals, do not worry about the adds... just kill the Gatekeeper, grab the relic, and GTFO.
2. Start on the left first (May as well join the masses eh?)
3. The relic carriers can beat the living piss out of the Minotaurs/Praetorians.
4. There is no "correct" number of people to send into the first Time Portal to pick up the #1 Relic. We go with 3, others go with 4, and some go with 2.
5. I am seeing that there does not seem to be any particular preference for weapon damage "type", whether it be Solar, Arc or Void.

Everyone needs to learn every part/mechanic of this fight, as of this week (10/21/14) Bungie is changing the 'port' mechanic to randomize the 3 players he puts into the Time Portals. There will no longer be a pre-assigned 3-player group for those runs.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Staris wrote:I've upped the require mean of level for the Second Boss based on the update coming that will randomize the three that gets teleported into the room when we get the main boss, means the three that are the weakest in the group will need to be able to handle being teleported and open the correct door.

Now this doesn't mean we have to have a group of all 28s or better start as we figured out how to farm the first boss last night, by having the leader that takes us to the raid is the character that the game uses for what checkpoints have been unlocked. To make that even a bit easier if I and one other person started with our alt as long as we could get to the first boss those two alts would be able to take a group each back to that point. I could easily see us on a weekend run killing the Templar twice maybe even a weekday just not guaranteed.
In perspective guys, 28 isn't that much of a problem. This is why we have been pushing to get folks through the Nightfalls and Heroics. Most of you are close, so I do not see this so much as a requirement... more like prudent planning. Those who are not 28 yet were heading that direction anyway :twisted:

Also, with the exception of Cuspar, I believe we have now run every raider we have through the Templar fight. This means that we have already begun to build our familiarity with it. The more we run this portion , the faster and more easily we will defeat it. Example being that the first time we experienced Templar, it took us probably a good 2 hours... the 2nd time took only about 40 minutes, and that's with 3 out of the 6 raiders being new to the fight.

Also, once we progress to/through the Templar fast enough, we may want to look into running to/through Templar on Hard.

Choppastyle600
Friend of Alvis

Post by Choppastyle600 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:22 pm

I've upped the require mean of level for the Second Boss based on the update coming that will randomize the three that gets teleported into the room when we get the main boss, means the three that are the weakest in the group will need to be able to handle being teleported and open the correct door.
I guess I see your point, but is one level going to matter much? I'm level 27, my defense is 1200 something, and I'm 1 or 2 upgrades away from level 28. What changes when we reach level 28, other than the amount of defense? Maybe a better requirement would be to have an exotic or legendary primary weapon for the second boss. Honestly, I wasn't having much trouble last night killing the enemies, but I did notice that other guardians could deal more damage than I could. This is just my opinion.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm

All experimentation IMO, really its survivability more than damage potential. I do notice a difference in my own survivability since I went from 28 to 29. Not huge, not life-altering, but definitely something more.

Rare (or Better) weaponry is fine, but having them upgraded is key.

Just as I was saying before, I believe most folks are only a couple upgrades from a level. It is not overly hard to grab those couple upgrades over the course of the week, and we are doing our best to try and help with that. I really do not see this substantially impacting anyone's progress either way.

I do not think I'm speaking out of turn by saying that this is a fluid measure. We are not looking to exclude anyone, and things will most likely adjust back and forth along the way until all mechanics are understood.... and overcome.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Choppastyle600 wrote:
I guess I see your point, but is one level going to matter much? I'm level 27, my defense is 1200 something, and I'm 1 or 2 upgrades away from level 28. What changes when we reach level 28, other than the amount of defense? Maybe a better requirement would be to have an exotic or legendary primary weapon for the second boss. Honestly, I wasn't having much trouble last night killing the enemies, but I did notice that other guardians could deal more damage than I could. This is just my opinion.
There's a damage modifier for level difference, so a level 27 shooting a 28 does less damage to that 28 shooting the same mob with the same gun. Happens for incoming damage too so having a lot of 27s in the raid just makes it harder and lessens the likelihood we succeed. This is why part of me thinks we should do a couple farm runs this weekend to get shards so everyone can get to at least 28.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Choppastyle600 wrote:
You would be surprised how much changes between levels. I leveled up my Ice Breaker by passing it back and forth between by Hunter and Titan and even after it was fully upgraded there is still a decent damage difference between my Hunter being 29 and my Titan 27 and was very apparent when my Titan was 26.

Unless my Hunter gets a bonus to Snipper damage I'm not aware of on bosses in strikes I can have somewhere around 200 point difference between them.

I would also point out that from my perspective the intent is to farm the Templar for the next couple raids that both 26 and 27 can sign up for and help everyone get raid gear, weapon drops, and shards to help those get to 28 and beyond.

I would add that the group on the ground has the ability to override that rule so if the group beats the Templar and unanimously votes to go on and try for Atheon they are more then welcome to.

Choppastyle600
Friend of Alvis

Post by Choppastyle600 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Well I think farming the first boss would be very essential for me to upgrade my armor. I need shards.......Other than public events, I'm not sure how to get a lot of shards.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Choppastyle600 wrote:Well I think farming the first boss would be very essential for me to upgrade my armor. I need shards.......Other than public events, I'm not sure how to get a lot of shards.
The daily story if done at 28 will give 2 shards or energy plus vanguard marks which can be used to buy armor from the vanguard vendor to break down for shards, or to but legendary weapons from the vanguard vendors. I do the daily story virtually every day for that purpose, usually solo, and I'm not that great a player. And if you get stuck at the end just ask for help and you'll get it.

The Plush Family:

Choppastyle600
Friend of Alvis

Post by Choppastyle600 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:59 pm

Another video on Atheon. It explains why the pretorians start coming out of the gates when we have both relics. Also, he gives a few different ways of damaging Atheon. I think it might be important to kill most of the harpies before attacking Atheon. Also, I do like the idea that if you stand on the middle platform, harpies won't be able to reach you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeNz0B_pjyE

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Good Vid... very clear explanations!

Definitely no shooting of the conflux with the relic-supers. Appears its just a matter of time between exiting the 2nd timestream with the 2nd relic, surviving the Praetorians, and waiting for Atheon to pop. Unless I missed some of the explanation because I cannot hear my computer sound over the loud frickin co-worker in my office talking on the phone like he's in a sports stadium :shifty:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Raid rules updated.