Vault of Glass Raid

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Dashl
Cardinal
Vault of Glass Raid

Post by Dashl » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:53 pm

NewFoundTerror was asking me when would be a good time to try. I said counting him I think we only have 4 players ready to try it. I know going in under level 26 would be pointless, but does anyone know if we have a time frame to try? Or what night would (or nights) would this be a good time to try?

Marrkin
Bishop

Re: Vault of Glass Raid

Post by Marrkin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:21 pm

I'm down whenever in the evenings (post-5pm PST)... best if we arrange it as close to a Tuesday as possible, on the offchance that we can revisit our progress throughout the week.

I have sent a message on the Destiny/Bungie.net clan page to the 3 peeps there that have not registered for this Forum asking that they do so. If we can get everyone here to discuss and schedule I think it'll be a big help. Especially since the Bungie pages are complete pieces of Bantha-dung.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Okay, I think Blackferne might have to reopen this site for new members.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:44 pm

I believe I already have. Cuspar was talking to me about the possibility last week (and it is what drove some of the forum re-arranging). If teh email authentication or captacha is misbehaving let me know.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

noname
Friend of Alvis

Post by noname » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:56 pm

I'm game I'm free wen thru Fri after 4pm est. And the weekends is a dice roll on my girlfriend.

NewFoundTerror
Friend of Alvis

Post by NewFoundTerror » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:01 am

Hello everyone! I had mentioned to Dashl if anyone had asked or was ready to take on the Raid?!

As Marrkin said I think you can pick up your progress at a later date as soon as you hit a check point.

I'm in Cali so I think it will be harder for me as most of you are ahead by 2-4 hrs.

The earliest I could get on would be 6 O'clock PM until about 11pm-12am Mon-Fri(I can play until I pass out on Friday night.)
Saturday and Sunday as early as I need. Saturday until I pass out and Sun until 11pm.

I can wait until everyone is ready obviously but I just wanted everyone to know my playing times so the more that become ready and put up their schedules we could come up with something that will work for everyone.

My schedule also goes for anyone that needs help with anything else.

Just drop me a MSG with what you need.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:59 pm

I know what I'm watching on my lunch hour today :twisted:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Watched the whole thing... looks pretty fun really.

As long as peeps watch their asses* it doesn't seem too terrible.

*and don't run out of ammo
Last edited by Marrkin on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:13 pm

I'm close to 21, but intend to get Remote Play on my Vita working so I can farm the cave while at work. No clue how long it will take to go from 20-26, although I assume actually doing the story might speed that along.

That being said, I get to play after my kids are asleep which is normally pretty reliably after 730pm Mountain time.
Cuspar

noname
Friend of Alvis

Post by noname » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Cuspar wrote:I'm close to 21, but intend to get Remote Play on my Vita working so I can farm the cave while at work. No clue how long it will take to go from 20-26, although I assume actually doing the story might speed that along.

That being said, I get to play after my kids are asleep which is normally pretty reliably after 730pm Mountain time.

i got my vita to remote play at work.. i was having some trouble at first, but to connect to your ps4 before you tap remote play. click the ... (options) settings and tap change ps4 system to connect to remote play. when you tap that it will search via internet. instead of searching for near by system.

NewFoundTerror
Friend of Alvis

Post by NewFoundTerror » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:17 am

Who's ready for the raid? I heard we should only play on hard as we will get the best drops.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:49 am

I'm ready and have been going back and forth on setting up a sign up sheet for Friday.
NewFoundTerror wrote:Who's ready for the raid? I heard we should only play on hard as we will get the best drops.
I wouldn't doubt it but I would rather play once or twice on normal just so we get the mechanics down. Plus since we don't get locked out of doing the raid per week, means if we where to start early enough and are fast enough could do it more then once in a singe go or multiple times throughout the week.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Unless we think I need to have legendary/exotic weapons and my gear completely upgraded I'm ready. And am currently available Friday night.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Furiel wrote:Unless we think I need to have legendary/exotic weapons and my gear completely upgraded I'm ready. And am currently available Friday night.
Exotics are a more of a bonus, not a necessity. I think you're good, especially if we can get you a Legendary weapon or two. :obiwan:
Staris wrote:I'm ready and have been going back and forth on setting up a sign up sheet for Friday.
NewFoundTerror wrote:Who's ready for the raid? I heard we should only play on hard as we will get the best drops.
I wouldn't doubt it but I would rather play once or twice on normal just so we get the mechanics down. Plus since we don't get locked out of doing the raid per week, means if we where to start early enough and are fast enough could do it more then once in a singe go or multiple times throughout the week.
Realistically I do not recommend "trial by fire". We are still working on gearing/leveling people so entering the normal raid will be great for initial gearing and learning the mechanics.

Bottom line though, I am ready to begin this and was also looking to begin sign-ups/scheduling.

Hard Mode is certainly the goal though! If we can smack the crap outta normal, then bumping it up is definitely on the table.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:58 pm

I want to try and learn it on normal before jumping into hard mode. Three level 30's beat it in an hour and twelve mins a couple days ago.