TORWARS TV

Forum for the radio show Live from the Nar Shaddaa Lounge.

Moderator:RadioDJs

Fynn
Priest
TORWARS TV

Post by Fynn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 pm

I figured this was as good a place as any to place this, but if the powers that be deem fit to move it, please do so!

Anyone that follows SWTOR via Twitter has probably been exposed to @Asros. He is one of the co-hosts of the popular podcast TORWARS. They are one of the bigger TOR podcasts and get quite a few exclusives from the Dev and Communtiy teams over in Austin. (some believe the reason for the Darthhater switch had something to do with TORWARS and the increase in fan-cast exclusives)

So Asros has been tweeting for the past month that he is working on something new for the site. At some point in the last two weeks, he posted that anyone interested in helping should send him a Tweet. I have a twitter account for my fictional smuggler (Fynn), and post silly nonsense as if Fynn were real. It is all in fun. So I replied, completely in jest, that Fynn could help by flashing a couple of smiles for the ladies. Asros sent me a DM asking me to write up a script. I told him I was just kidding, I had the face for radio and the voice for silent pictures, but he said write and record something and we'll see what we've got. I did. Then the following happened

Geek-splosion

Check it out if you are so inclined. It isn't perfect, and there is room for improvement, but I think it has some potential and am excited about it...

It was pretty nuts that @Hallhood plugged it with reference to my segment, though. He is the lead writer for SWTOR and he wrote the script for the Smuggler arc. I was geeked!
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Maizan
Priest

Re: TORWARS TV

Post by Maizan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Excellent. :)

Although there was a noticeable lack of green....

Maizan
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Maizan wrote:Excellent. :)

Although there was a noticeable lack of green....

Maizan
Haha there WAS a lack of green, wasn't there?
Fyyn Cob

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Awesome! You're gonna be more of a celebrity than Jonnymaddog!

ADDITION: That was pretty damn good man, nicely done. Who put the stills together?
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 am

Very cool and kind of had a feel that the recording was meant to be that lived in feel. :rave:

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am

Skiggity wrote:Awesome! You're gonna be more of a celebrity than Jonnymaddog!

ADDITION: That was pretty damn good man, nicely done. Who put the stills together?
There will never, NEVER be a celebrity as big as Jonnymaddog. Blaspheme like that again and I'll show you the business end of a blaster! :lightsaber:

Haha Thanks Skigg! Asros (Brian) did almost everything. All I did was write and record. He added the cantina sounds in the back, the visuals, everything!
Staris wrote:Very cool and kind of had a feel that the recording was meant to be that lived in feel. :rave:
Thanks Starel! Like I said, all I can take credit for is the idea. That's the easy part :P
But thank you!
Fyyn Cob

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:11 am

Episode 1 is done, and though the reviews are mixed, they are mostly positive and the show had a good viewing! Asros asked me to do another "Smuggler's Run" and this time it will start to tell a story. I was wondering if there was any objection to using CoA 'characters'? If anyone has any problem with it at all, post here or send me a PM. Pass the word on! Is there anyone that has a serious interest in being included? That can be arranged...I know the writer :rave:

The plan is to tell a 'story' over several episodes, and my intention is to tell the start of Fynn's career as a Smuggler (or Courier, as is his preference). If CoA has no issue, I'd love to include the guild and individuals from said guild. Again, no worries if this is an issue. Just let me know!
Fyyn Cob

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:55 am

Awesome, could be excellent for recruiting as well. Lemme know if any of my cast of characters can help, happy to do whatever I can.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 am

Feel free to use any member of the Plush posse u see fit
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 am

I got no problem with it.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 am

No worries from me brotha!

Sent using smoke signals from my campfire.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 am

As bothersome as it may be to have all those groupies stalking me...I can live with the hardships.

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Look mommy, up there in the sky. It's a plane mommy, a happy spam plane.
___
Sorry, got nothin.