We are moving to Jedi Covenant

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Fynn
Priest
We are moving to Jedi Covenant

Post by Fynn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:35 pm

So it looks as if the server transfers are in FULL swing, and they are really trimming the fat. Are we holding the fort here on Juyo, or heading to our new destination (whatever that may be)? I ask, only because I assume Juyo won't make the destination cut and the only reason I play as much as I do is because of you folks. Thoughts?

P.S. If we do go, it looks like either Jedi Covenant or Canderous Ordo for servers (East coast PvE). I checked for Fynn and it was taken on both. Thoughts on Fyyn?
Last edited by Fynn on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: Stay or Go

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Well I hope we are a destination server and not an departing server. But should we have the option to leave I would want to make sure we get EVERYONE and all of Snark too. It will be a pain in the ass to relocate a guild, but for long term health we should consider it strongly.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Blackferne wrote:Well I hope we are a destination server and not an departing server. But should we have the option to leave I would want to make sure we get EVERYONE and all of Snark too. It will be a pain in the ass to relocate a guild, but for long term health we should consider it strongly.
Sadly, it looks like they are going with 2 server types (PvE, PvP, RP) per region (East Coast, West Coast). That may expand, but after three rounds of transfers, that looks like how it is shaking out. I agree, it will be difficult but necessary. Maybe we should get a contingency going now so that if it hits today, people can make their moves no later than the end of the week. It will probably be quiet the undertaking. If you need help, let me know.
Fyyn Cob

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 pm

I will say this,

Despite the difficulty of transferring, if it becomes necessary then I am good with it.

Alvis is my Home, the server name attached to it really does not make an impact.

I will say though, it would be best if people start making sure that all of their character names and assets are in order. Consolidate all your belongings to one character, screenshot with your Credit totals and inventories. I do this on a "just in case" basis as not all transfers are smooth, and I have heard of lost characters (in other games of course).

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 pm

And after 4 sets of updated transfers, no further destinations added

Transfers
Fyyn Cob

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Okay basic plan should be this.

Step 1. Jounville hands GM to an alt to stay behind. I'll roll somebody etc etc.
Step 2. Document and disassemble the guild bank into people's personal cargo holds. This will likely fall on officers first and then go from there. Each person will be responsible for the items they transport.
Step 3. Jounville and almost everyone else transfers.
Step 4. Reform church on the new server. Rebuild bank etc.
Step 5. Set the remaining token GM of Juyo-Alvis to have GMOTD : find us at ______ server.
Jounville Blackferne

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:26 pm

I like...

Now 2 quick questions:

1) Are we definitely going to server X?
2) Should we pick a date/time? Perhaps 24 hours post-notification?
Fyyn Cob

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:58 pm

In response to your questions Fynn, I see it as an inevitability if we are an origin server and not a destination server. As Joun pointed out for the long term health it's almost imperative. If we were to stay and try to stick it out, well, the guild would probably die. It pains me to say that, but attrition over time happens and even the greatest of guilds have to continually replenish their numbers around the core to stay viable. And if everyone else leaves, then who is left to replenish our numbers when people leave for other games or real life roflstomps their faces.

I'm still holding out hope because I find it hard to believe they will go with only 2 servers of each type per region. I think probably 5 is a more likely number, which gives us a chance. BUt that's pure speculation on my part. I just hope I'm correct because while I'm not too worried about my legacy name, a couple of my character names on the other hand I am concerned about. And if I were to lose say Tony, well my entire legacy is based off of the legend of Tony Plush, so losing Tony kinda ruins my legacy to a degree so I'd prefer that not happen.

As for how soon...I plan to initiate my transfers ASAP if we are an origin server. The sooner I get my toons moved the less likely I am to have to rename any of them if we have several servers moving to that same destination.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Lots of speculation in this thread. Lots of speculation.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Furiel +1 agreed!
Bulwark wrote:Lots of speculation in this thread. Lots of speculation.
I wouldn't say I'm speculating (though that is exactly what I am doing) so much as trying to get our ducks in a row. I'm just asking the leadership to make sure the escape pods are stocked, not jettison them...yet
Fyyn Cob

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:10 pm

I feel like I'm in a JP Morgan meeting.
Cuspar eats dead people.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Vespasian wrote:I feel like I'm in a JP Morgan meeting.
I'm telling you these mortgage backed securities are gonna be GOLD!
Jounville Blackferne

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Vespasian wrote:I feel like I'm in a JP Morgan meeting.
I'm telling you these mortgage backed securities are gonna be GOLD!
I'm still waiting for that presentation on how my neighborhood is currently undeserved with volcano insurance coverage.
Cuspar eats dead people.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Ok, numbers to throw at you from things I've picked up...

There are currently 46 East Coast, PVE only servers.
We have seen 7 total EC, PVE only servers effected. Canderous Ordo taking transfers from 6 others.
So we've seen less than 1/5 of the expected movement.
Last I checked, Juyo was within the top 10 for EC PVE population servers.
They appear to be moving lesser to bigger, which makes sense.
So, with that in mind, there is a decent chance that we'll actually be a destination for a handfull of medium sized servers yet.

So, while having a plan in place for the worst is a good thing IMO, don't start boxing up your toys yet, it's a long road ahead still and odds aren't terrible we won't be moving.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 pm

i have my bags ready

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Furiel wrote:Ok, numbers to throw at you from things I've picked up...

There are currently 46 East Coast, PVE only servers.
We have seen 7 total EC, PVE only servers effected. Canderous Ordo taking transfers from 6 others.
So we've seen less than 1/5 of the expected movement.
Last I checked, Juyo was within the top 10 for EC PVE population servers.
They appear to be moving lesser to bigger, which makes sense.
So, with that in mind, there is a decent chance that we'll actually be a destination for a handfull of medium sized servers yet.

So, while having a plan in place for the worst is a good thing IMO, don't start boxing up your toys yet, it's a long road ahead still and odds aren't terrible we won't be moving.
I saw some sort of math with Fractions and my head exploded. Literally, like right out the side. The debris almost hit my officemate. I'm sure I will be ok once I drink some alcohol.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Cuspar's decision making tree

1. I play where Alvis is exclusively.
2. I quit if my name is taken.
Cuspar

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Cuspar wrote:Cuspar's decision making tree

1. I play where Alvis is exclusively.
2. I quit if my name is taken.
Reese's decision making tree

1. Do what Blackferne does unless fDood tells me otherwise
2. ????
3. Profit
This... I Command!

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Wherever drunken vengeance is required, there Dodd will be.

And while I like my name, if it is taken on the destination then I will rename and try to coordinate with Dood so that my name will only be one letter off. Hrm...how does Dodo Formeianna sound?

Veela
Deacon

Post by Veela » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:00 pm

It's a good thing I rolled a Veela on pretty much a bajillion servers.
Veela
Bishop via Guild Banker | Sawbones | Black Magic Internet Witch

Staris
Priest

Server Transfer

Post by Staris » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Granted its only been one day since they started the server transfers but is anyone else starting to get worried that Juyo hasn't been a destination server yet? I realize this doesn't have to mean anything bad yet but you kind of have to figure the longer Juyo isn't a destination server the greater its chances of becoming an origin server.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Re: Server Transfer

Post by Bulwark » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 pm

A more likely scenario is that Juyo's population is already at the ideal and they are better off moving people to servers that can handle the influx.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 pm

In actually hope that isn't the case. Last Friday night there were 25 peeps on fleet at 5pm PST....including me....

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:31 pm

we are not a distination just look at servers that are being destinations and you will see 4-5 us servers in there has destinations we were just unlcky to not get on the 1st or 2nd day transfer tomorrow will be our day or at longest on friday

also start think on new names...

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:01 am

At this point they hvae announced 25% of the US PVE East servers, all moved to the same destination server. They are ramping up the speed tho so we'll probably know tomorrow, or at worst friday.

Which means at best there will be 4 US PVE East servers, Canderous Ordo and 3 others. Best case scenario. BW is totally going for "Super Servers" where they want multiple instances of the fleet up at prime time, etc. So while there is still a chance we'll be the destination for like 10 other servers...the odds are not with us.

The Plush Family: