Took Long Enough...

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Fynn
Priest
Took Long Enough...

Post by Fynn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:45 pm

...but I finally hit 50!

Now its time to finish my story and re-gear for some CoA raid goodness. Any tips?
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Cuspar
Cardinal

Re: Took Long Enough...

Post by Cuspar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Start running dailies to get the Rakata ear and implants. Also get daily commendations to get the armoring and barrel.

Alternatively, check the GTN for the mods etc to save time.

I would say a good baseline for raid ready is orange gear fully-modded with level 50/51 mods or high level purple crafted gear (Joun cold probably hook you up...)

And Gratz!!!
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Jake wrote:...but I finally hit 50!

Now its time to finish my story and re-gear for some CoA raid goodness. Any tips?
Congrats!

If you would like a gear consultation please stop by my office.

I would probably start off with a combination of augmented custom gear for head, chest, pants, and weapon. In addition purple crafted gloves, bracers, boots, and belt would finish off the set. Earpiece, implants and relics can be done via dailies, high end crafting, or Light Side/Darkside vendors.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Hit me up next time I'm online.

I can craft you one of these bad boys with an extra augment slot, as with a purple augment of your choosing.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks for the tips, folks.

I am pretty set with Orange gear, the trick will be modding it. Actually, Black, you set me up with a nice set of Drelliad augmented armor...

but can you craft something that looks like this
Spoiler:
If not, no biggie. I'm liking the look of the drelliad thus far!

Dodd, I appreciate that, but I'm a Armstech as well. What would help me more would be giving me a tip....where do you learn to craft purple augments! Thanks all. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish my story this week and start on those dailies!
Fyyn Cob

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Jake wrote:Dodd, I appreciate that, but I'm a Armstech as well. What would help me more would be giving me a tip....where do you learn to craft purple augments! Thanks all. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish my story this week and start on those dailies!
No worries.

Pick up a green augment schematic for Armstechs - there may be some lying around in the guildbank, or you can buy one off the GTN. Or you can get them randomly through slicing. There's the overkill, fortitude or surge ones - I like the surge one, myself, for a healy boost. Craft 5-10 of the green ones, then RE them until you get the blue schematic. Then craft a bunch of blue augments. Repeat and rinse the RE process till you get the purple versions.

I've been crafting the purple ones on and off and making about 100K a pop on the GTN. Decent source of income, actually.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Prioritize getting the armorings via dailies, mods and Enhances can be gotten through the heroic dailies as well. Then the earpiece. Implants will be last since you already have purple crafted ones.

If you are available next monday night we are going normal mode EV for an alt and new 50 gear night and you should be easily geared enough for that by then.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Cuspar wrote:Start running dailies to get the Rakata ear and implants. Also get daily commendations to get the armoring and barrel.

Alternatively, check the GTN for the mods etc to save time.

I would say a good baseline for raid ready is orange gear fully-modded with level 50/51 mods or high level purple crafted gear (Joun cold probably hook you up...)

And Gratz!!!
in reality no do dailies to get money and the 51 mods and try to get columi implants with arguments from gtn(or without arguments) it´s easier to get the money than to get the dalily coms and you want the new relics

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote:Pick up a green augment schematic for Armstechs - there may be some lying around in the guildbank, or you can buy one off the GTN. Or you can get them randomly through slicing. There's the overkill, fortitude or surge ones - I like the surge one, myself, for a healy boost.

I've been crafting the purple ones on and off and making about 100K a pop on the GTN. Decent source of income, actually.
Great tips, thanks Dodd!
Furiel wrote:Prioritize getting the armorings via dailies, mods and Enhances can be gotten through the heroic dailies as well. Then the earpiece. Implants will be last since you already have purple crafted ones.

If you are available next monday night we are going normal mode EV for an alt and new 50 gear night and you should be easily geared enough for that by then.
Thanks Furiel. I'll do that. Thanks for the list, I work better with a bit of a "schedule". Just signed up for Normal EV, can't wait!
Darklinda wrote:in reality no do dailies to get money and the 51 mods and try to get columi implants with arguments from gtn(or without arguments) it´s easier to get the money than to get the dalily coms and you want the new relics
Great tip, thanks DL. Just to clarify, DON'T use the commendations for columi implants, use them for 51 mods? The money gained will be better spent on Columi implants? Thanks very much
Fyyn Cob

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Or run EV normal as much as you can.

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 pm

no don´t use them for rakata implants get the columi from gtn (don´t know if anyone in guild can make them)

daily coms get the 51 armoring(has many has you need for your orange) and barrel and then save for the relics if you do all the quest on the dailies

ilum 5 solo missions=5dailies and 1 +2 heroic = 3 dailies =8 dailies
belsavis 8 solo missions=8 dailies 3 +2 heroics =9 dailies =17 dailies
corelia 4 solo missions =4 dailies 1 area solo mission =2 dailies (not shure if it´s 2 or 3) 1 +4 heroic=3 dailies =9 doing all this missions weekly will get you 6 black hole coms
1 space mission =2 dailies (impossible sector)
total dailies=36 dailies meaning you can be almost geared with the armoring/barrel in 1 day

columi implants sell for about 125k tops and earpieces for about 150k harder to find but you can always look and just use what you have now

and like people say ev normal is easy and then hm fp´s are also good for gearing remenber to always do the weeklies and the daily fp to get columi coms

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Quick question about crit's diminishing return...

Are these accurate?
Primary stat - CRIT ADDED

400 7.13
500 8.63
600 10.03
700 11.34
800 12.56
900 13.70
1000 14.77
1100 15.77
1200 16.70
1300 17.57
1400 18.39
1500 19.15
1600 19.86
1700 20.53
1800 21.15
1900 21.73
2000 22.27
Fyyn Cob

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 pm

are those for aim or cunning or crit? the return rate depends on the skill.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Bulwark wrote:are those for aim or cunning or crit? the return rate depends on the skill.
I'm pretty sure they are crit. Googled 'crit diminishing return swtor' and stumbled into the main forum to find this.

EDIT: Upon further review, that may be Cunning added
Fyyn Cob

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 pm

from what I have seen, crit and cunning either have their own rate of return. For example, you could have cunning at 2000 and Crit and 10. IN this case, your cunning value added to your %crit chance would be past the point fo diminishing returns, but your Crit would not be.

There was a good website with charts and graphs a while back, but it was pre-1.2 data.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks Bul. I guess I'll wait for the new data before stressing to much about it.
Fyyn Cob

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:09 pm

As for taking a long time, someday ask Sir Psyko about Master Smuggler in SWG. ;-)
Spelt chick it fur putties!