Rakghoul Invasion

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Dodd Formeianna
Priest
Rakghoul Invasion

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 pm

So I logged in this morning and Dodd was coughing in-game. He had a debuff saying he was "infected". At first I thought 1.2 introduced STDs in-game. Dodd has had his fair share of one-night romances, so everything is fair in love and war, right? Wrong. More details have since arisen...
http://torwars.com/2012/04/15/swtor-rak ... -progress/

For the record...anyone raiding with me will be subject to more frequent medical scans and immunization.

None of my other toons currently have this debuff, but it is apparently contagious and symptoms include spontaneous explosion. FYI.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: Rakghoul Invasion

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Vaccinations last 6 hours and are bought from medical droids.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't understand MMO developers obesssion with plagues. They had a similar plague thing back in EQ2, I heard they did one in WoW.... They are just fucking annoying.

Dear Rahghoul invasion...please die quickly, painfully and take your family with you.

Hugs and herpes,
Furiel
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:31 pm

My tinfoil hat tells me that the CDC funds research in how viruses spread. The purchasable vaccination I think is a public health condition in this model set.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Do NOT get vaccinated!
Once you turn into a full Rakghoul you will explode and 5 Rakghoul DNA (commendations) will appear in your inventory. There were a bunch of people on Tat last night standing around AFK infecting each other to get the DNA.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:44 pm

WTS infections, PST for more info.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Since both of you are rostered for tonights Soa attempt/kill I expect you will have your infections under control. I will be justifiably pissed if we wipe at a key moment because a healer explodes.
Jounville Blackferne

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Blackferne wrote:I will be justifiably pissed if we wipe at a key moment because a healer explodes.
I, on the other hand, will find this hilarious.
Swell Guy/Man's Man

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Think of the silver lining, though. Soa could still be bugged to the point where he might explode if we infected him.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote:Think of the silver lining, though. Soa could still be bugged to the point where he might explode if we infected him.
Hmmm incubation timer vs enrage timer.....
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:15 pm

That said, there are world bosses so maybe try and get something together this week to slay them. Snark may be interested in joining up for it. I'm thinking maybe Tuesday or Thursday,
Jounville Blackferne

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:22 pm

It's more than just the infection... The infection has 2 stages... Lightheaded and Feverish. Each lasts 10 minutes, you then explode and infect anyone around you (not already infected) and this is actually a daily quest (infect 10 people) that gets you 5 or so of the cures. The cures/prevention costs 2k and DOES NOT last through death. Once you go feverish, you can jump off a cliff and die, or PvP and die, saving 10 minutes. There was a group on Tat near the vendor that was flagged and kill trading. The occasional asshat came in and ruined it, but over all, most people got it.

There's 2 new "daily areas" that give 4 of the DNA Samples as rewards each after the quest chain and you can get a Containment Armor piece (one part per day, boots yesterday, gloves today I believe, but it's light Social 1 Orange so not so useful).

There's 3 World Bosses (The one there is now infected, there's one in the Outlaw's Den (yes PvP AND a World Boss), and a third (I think it's north of the event vendor on Tat, not sure)).

There's a scavenger hunt to get the Crimson Rakling pet.

There's 9 Codex entries... I have 5 so far. There's a title "Containment Officer" you can earn (either from the 3 WBs or the whole thing, not sure).

The temp vendor sells Green/Black color crystals (2 levels), a Pale Rakling pet and Companion Rakghould skin sets (RNG hell and not all companions have them).

Content scales with level, not sure the minimum level, but it's believed to be around 20.

I believe it will last a week given the number of armor pieces in the set.

This is the crystal (and the Orokeet I got Saturday, I also have the Crimson Rakling on both my 50s):
Crystal.jpg
Crystal.jpg (94.42KiB)Viewed 17967 times

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Ok, the green/black saber looks pretty awesome
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:49 pm

The most ridiculous thing is the orgy of infect people farming DNA/doing the infect 10 people quest.
Cuspar

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:51 pm

The two crystal levels are 31 (+16) and 50 (+41) for 75/83 DNA respectively. There are Power, Critical, Endurance and Expertise versions.

The companion customizations are 20 DNA (Random loot box, could be either faction, only humanoid (no robots, not likely for Khem/Qyzen).

The Pale Rakghoul is 60 DNA.

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 am

and you can do the tracking the origin treasure hun to get the red rakghoul pet

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Sweet, I'm looking forward to equipping my new Jedi Consular Robe of Decreased Sensation. Anyone have a ribbing mod they want to trade?
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:13 pm

On a curiosity note, how did that fight go last night on Tat with the Zombie Bantha in Outlaw's Den? Myr and I had to log in a hurry last night...

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote:On a curiosity note, how did that fight go last night on Tat with the Zombie Bantha in Outlaw's Den? Myr and I had to log in a hurry last night...
We eventually got it. I can;t remember if you were there when I got that 11 person pug to join. We had two attempts and managed to pull it off with the sith running back to see us do it. Very intense and awesome and annoying all at the same time.
Jounville Blackferne

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:15 pm

A palm-ful of us hung around and pulled the Sarlacc dude too, fortunately right after we had realized we had no tank and I took Shattner there. We had another group come around and start wailing on him a little after we began the fight, got them all invited and then wiped with Boss-mob at about 40%. We restarted and took him down with no probs at about 10:10pm PST.

Wish I coulda logged frequent flyer miles with all the pop-ups he was puttin on me. Think I dented a piece of armor. I notice pinpoint chafing now..... :fett:

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:22 am

Blackferne wrote:
Dodd Formeianna wrote:On a curiosity note, how did that fight go last night on Tat with the Zombie Bantha in Outlaw's Den? Myr and I had to log in a hurry last night...
We eventually got it. I can;t remember if you were there when I got that 11 person pug to join. We had two attempts and managed to pull it off with the sith running back to see us do it. Very intense and awesome and annoying all at the same time.
That was the most fun I've had playing this game...hands down. It had everything that is good about MMO's. Boss fights that yield high-ish end loot, necessity to defeat a living person, and the ability to accomplish something with friends. What a blast!
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 am

I Fully agree. Last night was one of the best MMO'ing I have done in a very long time.

Question about this Event.
We were doing the first part of the daily collect blood samples etc. When I got flagged and we beat upon by Sithies.
How did that happen?

Maizan
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:48 am

one of the world bosses is located inthe PVP area, the Imps there were tryin to keep us from killin him, either to make our lives difficult or because they wanted it for themselves eventually. Therefore to take him out we basically were forced to defend ourselves and our kill.

Therefore we became flagged, and we left victorious....

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Not in the pvp area. At the crash site north east area of the dune sea, where we start the daily quests. In mid combat, I ended up flagged and 2 sithes laid into us. Just curious how that happened. There was some talk about it while we were waiting for the first boss with the group of sithies standing around.

Maizan
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Maizan wrote:Not in the pvp area. At the crash site north east area of the dune sea, where we start the daily quests. In mid combat, I ended up flagged and 2 sithes laid into us. Just curious how that happened. There was some talk about it while we were waiting for the first boss with the group of sithies standing around.

Maizan
Did you use any AOE attacks, or attacks that might have done collateral damage?

It would be fairly easy for them to flag themselves and stand in your wake of destruction while you were fighting. This would automatically flag you for PvP and is a griefing tactic used frequently by asshats.