Earlier Early Access 12-13-2011

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:00 pm

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207
Early Game Access* for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is only a few days away! Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center to pre-load the game to their computer.

In order to download the game client before Early Game Access begins, you need have already logged into your account and redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Once you have done this, you can download the game client by clicking on “My Account” in the upper-right of the window and then click “Pre-Order.” On your Pre-Order page, click the large button that says “Download Game Client” to begin download of the game!

If you participated in our recent Beta Testing Weekend between November 25th and 28th and still have the game client installed, you will be able to patch this client instead of re-installing by simply launching your client, logging in and allowing the download to complete. If you did not participate in the November 25th – 28th Beta Weekend, first uninstall the Game Testing Client and then re-install to ensure your game client will function correctly during Early Game Access.

Learn more about how to get ready for Early Game Access!

If you haven’t pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic yet, you still have time. Visit our Pre-Order Page, secure your copy of the game and redeem your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center to pre-load the client and qualify for Early Game Access.

If you have any issues installing or patching the game client for The Old Republic, check visit the Customer Service Support section for information and assistance.

*Customers who redeem their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center prior to launch will be able to pre-load the Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Client before the official Game launch. Pre-loading the Game does not grant you access to the Game. Pre-Ordering the Game only allows you access to the Early Game Access period and your Color Crystal. Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. In order to continue playing the Game after the Early Game Access period, you must redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Kirb
Friend of Alvis

Re: Earlier Early Access 12-13-2011

Post by Kirb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Guess I'll be informing my WoW guild that I'll be 'violently ill and unable to participate' in tuesday's raid

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Kirb wrote:Guess I'll be informing my WoW guild that I'll be 'violently ill and unable to participate' in tuesday's raid
Well here is the thing. You won't know your early access has been activated til that day. So if you don't get your email til the 14th you won't play til the 14th.

That said the new wow raid zone didn't impress me too much. So you should just call in sick anyway and rest up if you aren't already balls deep in SWTOR.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Fantastic!! Although I believe I couldn't do my pre-order until a half day later than it was announced, so I assume that will translate into a two day later start in early access.
Cuspar

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:56 pm

will they be starting early access on the 13th, or only sending the invites on the 13th?

I may have to call in sick to work earlier than I thought :)

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Bulwark wrote:will they be starting early access on the 13th, or only sending the invites on the 13th?

I may have to call in sick to work earlier than I thought :)
The way it is explained is: You will get an email. And the day you get that email your access is granted. So if you getthe email on the 13th youc an play on the 13th, if you get it on the 14th it is the 14th etc etc
Jounville Blackferne

Kirb
Friend of Alvis

Post by Kirb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Kirb wrote:Guess I'll be informing my WoW guild that I'll be 'violently ill and unable to participate' in tuesday's raid
Well here is the thing. You won't know your early access has been activated til that day. So if you don't get your email til the 14th you won't play til the 14th.

That said the new wow raid zone didn't impress me too much. So you should just call in sick anyway and rest up if you aren't already balls deep in SWTOR.
Well I hope I get in day one

I preordered the first day it was available

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Re-downloaded and currently patching. REALLY glad I found that download link before the emails went out...
Cuspar

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

They're really good at explaining things poorly.

I'm going to ignore them completely and just open my launcher every day until it lets me play. If I can't play ToR, I'm downloading the Diablo III beta right now so I'll just play that. :shifty:

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:52 am

Sir Psyko wrote:They're really good at explaining things poorly.

I'm going to ignore them completely and just open my launcher every day until it lets me play. If I can't play ToR, I'm downloading the Diablo III beta right now so I'll just play that. :shifty:
I pickedup Skyrim, but I have to teach myself that it isn't Dark Souls. No need to move very slowly with my shield raised the whole time. Also, in a very strange turn of events, I am playing as a good guy. Guess I neet to fix that with some Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild action.

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:22 am

So stupid question. I pre ordered through GameStop. Where the hell do I get my early access code?

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:41 am

Arrican wrote:So stupid question. I pre ordered through GameStop. Where the hell do I get my early access code?
Gamestop should have given it to you when you preordered. They are granting early access by when you redeemed your preorder code, so basically at this point you are royally fucked and we'll see you on the 20th. The only thing you preorder code is worth at this point is using it to get into the bioware servers to download the updated client prior to "launch" day.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:05 am

Furiel wrote:
Arrican wrote:So stupid question. I pre ordered through GameStop. Where the hell do I get my early access code?
Gamestop should have given it to you when you preordered. They are granting early access by when you redeemed your preorder code, so basically at this point you are royally fucked and we'll see you on the 20th. The only thing you preorder code is worth at this point is using it to get into the bioware servers to download the updated client prior to "launch" day.
Check your receipt, or email... GameStop is great at screwing people. But yeah, if you haven't entered it on your account by now you're good for about 3 minutes of early access :lol:

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:22 am

Sir Psyko wrote:
Furiel wrote:
Check your receipt, or email... GameStop is great at screwing people. But yeah, if you haven't entered it on your account by now you're good for about 3 minutes of early access :lol:
IMO, Three minutes is a generous estimate.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Anyone notice the lAittle text with a link at the bottom of the launcher saying "Activate your account here"?

Can't try it, because the website is down, but what is it? Feels like a step I've done already...

PS. RIP Early Access Arrican. On the plus side, even if I get in 5 days before you, you'll have me outlevelled a day after you start most likely!
Cuspar

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Cuspar wrote:Anyone notice the lAittle text with a link at the bottom of the launcher saying "Activate your account here"?

Can't try it, because the website is down, but what is it? Feels like a step I've done already...
Not 100% sure, but here's a guess, based on what I read, Cusp. You need to activate your account and set up a subscription. On or around Dec 16th, assuming you didn't order physical disks, you should get an email with your 30-day prepaid card. If you ordered physical copies, you'll get the prepaid 30-day card when the package arrives on your doorstep. In that case you either wait till you have the card, or activate your subscription with a valid credit card.

There is a huge nerd rage uproar on teh internetz right now because Bioware originally stated in writing that they would allow a grace period for people who ordered their physical copies, to allow time for shipping. They've since backpeddled and there is no grace period. If they don't put in their cc, I'm guessing they will be able to play in the early access, but their account won't work on the 20th unless they've paid up.

Maybe I'm not understanding the issue correctly, but if you've been able to download and patch your game from Bioware's site, you should basically be good to go for early launch.
Last edited by Dodd Formeianna on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Cuspar wrote:Anyone notice the lAittle text with a link at the bottom of the launcher saying "Activate your account here"?

PS. RIP Early Access Arrican. On the plus side, even if I get in 5 days before you, you'll have me outlevelled a day after you start most likely!
Since the message mentions that there are no active subscriptions on the account, the activation will allow you to set up your subscription.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Glad I digital preordered from EA now. :rave:
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Takanudo
Scribe

Post by Takanudo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:12 am

There is currently no active subscription on this account

-Takanudo (had the same question)

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:41 am

The account thing will go away once your Early Access is granted, and you set up your billing info and game key.

I'll be doing it when I can't get into the game after early access because if I do it earlier, they'll just start billing me earlier. Since they're not giving a grace period, neither am I.