need to uninstall the Beta client?

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Bulwark
Cardinal
need to uninstall the Beta client?

Post by Bulwark » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:52 pm

I got an email today that said:
if you are receiving this email, you must uninstall the game-testing client before installing the launch game client.
I thought they said we could keep it? I'd hate to have that giant download again.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Re: need to uninstall the Beta client?

Post by Cuspar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Looks that way. Lame. Unless we can download the client EARLIER than early access and the Play button will just be grayed out until we're allowed in...
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:13 pm

They clarified last night.
If you participated in our Game Testing Program before November 25th, we recommend that you uninstall the game testing client (refer to instructions below) and then download and install the launch game client. We’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available. You will need 27GB of free space to install the launch game client. The actual size of the game client is approximately 19GB (without additional languages installed).

If you have played in our game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game client, as you should already have the launch version installed.
post here

they also go on to tell you how to check if you have the right version
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Fuck. Ing. Ass. Holes.
Cuspar

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Furiel wrote:They clarified last night.
If you participated in our Game Testing Program before November 25th, we recommend that you uninstall the game testing client (refer to instructions below) and then download and install the launch game client. We’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available. You will need 27GB of free space to install the launch game client. The actual size of the game client is approximately 19GB (without additional languages installed).

If you have played in our game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game client, as you should already have the launch version installed.
post here

Unfortunately they clarified after I uninstalled. :head2wall:
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 pm

I didn't uninstall because they invited me to 3 weekend Betas while I was in General Beta. They have a long and storied history of doing things half-assed or giving misleading, even contradictory, information.

The client is apparently 18.4GB. I'm at 19.5 because there's a 1GB cache file in the betatest folder (I'm not deleting that either) and some other log files.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I didn't uninstall either, I had the space to spare.

I would bet they put the client up for download on the 13th or 14th though, they did that with all the weekend tests, but it up several days ahead to download, I see no reason why they wouldn't do that with the release as well.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Furiel wrote:They clarified last night.

post here

Unfortunately they clarified after I uninstalled. :head2wall:
This.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I didn't uninstall because I was at work when I saw the email and then the subsequent clarification. But also because I'm lazy and would have just done it this weekend.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:54 pm

http://www.swtor.com/download
If you're stupid like me, you can redownload it!
Cuspar