What Class Will You Play?

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: What Class Will You Play?

Post by Furiel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Kitoshi wrote:
Furiel wrote:
Kitoshi wrote:Honestly, I'm down for either side. I really hope they allow cross-faction interaction, but I doubt it =(
They do, they've even talked about it. It's called PvP. :twisted:
Oh is that the thing where I pwn the nub and you ask me to stop because it hurts so much?
No, it's where you find n00b, pwn n00b, go to iHop, then while at iHop listen to me bitch about how much my feet hurt from kicking your ass so much.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Kitoshi
Priest

Post by Kitoshi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:35 pm

iHop? When did Steve Jobs start selling pancakes?

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Kitoshi wrote:iHop? When did Steve Jobs start selling pancakes?
After he lost a leg in the war
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Kitoshi
Priest

Post by Kitoshi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Furiel wrote:
Kitoshi wrote:iHop? When did Steve Jobs start selling pancakes?
After he lost a leg in the war

Wow...

That was lame...

Happyclam
Deacon

Post by Happyclam » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:14 am

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:Not a lot of love for the Jedi here.
Well I could see myself playing a Jedi as well. What Joun is will largely depend on what Jess wants to play. She historically over several games prefers healing classes which will mean Consular or Smuggler. And I've grown to like tanking so Jedi or Trooper. Regardless of what Joun is, Arillius is going to be a grizzled old smuggler with a comb over.
Whipped....

Being a man, I get to choose what /I/ want to play, which will either be a tank or healer type. I dunno. I'll prolly check out several different classes to see what they can do and how they play.

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:32 am

Happyclam wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:Not a lot of love for the Jedi here.
Well I could see myself playing a Jedi as well. What Joun is will largely depend on what Jess wants to play. She historically over several games prefers healing classes which will mean Consular or Smuggler. And I've grown to like tanking so Jedi or Trooper. Regardless of what Joun is, Arillius is going to be a grizzled old smuggler with a comb over.
Whipped....

Being a man, I get to choose what /I/ want to play, which will either be a tank or healer type. I dunno. play.
*golf clap*

I <3 you clam
Cuspar eats dead people.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:27 am

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Veela wrote:As always, I refuse to play a "good guys" main; like in SWG, I will play some kind of Twi'lek Imperial. I heard there were race restrictions, though... if I can't be a Lekku-wielding BH, I'm gonna be a little bit pissed.
Yeah we were kind leaning Republic. Which isn't good, or bad. It is all in how you play it.
Interesting thing that I've noticed...everyone who has listed alts has always listed a bunch of Empire side classes.

Just an observation

Perhaps we should go Sith Empire then...
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Veela
Deacon

Post by Veela » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:05 am

Also, I'm sad I can't be a Hutt~

:cry:
Veela
Bishop via Guild Banker | Sawbones | Black Magic Internet Witch

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 am

Sith Inquisitor is the only one I want to play.

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:07 pm

I'll probably play a dps / crowd control and if there is some crafting that as well. We'll see. Maybe I'll mix it up and play jetti.
Cuspar eats dead people.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Furiel wrote:everyone who has listed alts has always listed a bunch of Empire side classes.
Just an observation
You really don't give up on that, do you? Evil is for chumps. All the cool kids are Good. :wookiee:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:50 pm

All things equal I prefer republic. The reasoning goes a few ways. First the concept art I prefer the way the republic is themed. The color palette of colors is more to my liking. Second on pure story based approach I don't like being evil most of the time. I prefer to be like Han Solo, yeah he'll probably do the right thing most of the time, but he's got some moral gray area to be evil when he needs. Hell even Obi-Wan as a Jedi Knight explored that gray area sometimes. (Lying to an orphan about his father, how cruel is that?). Finally I look at what kind of people are likely to be playing each faction. For the Sith you will have the <PAX> and <Veers Elite> types. So you either have emo RP guys like Sang or you have Veers griefer types like LukeC. On the republic, you will no doubt have the <KOTOR> crowd but they can easily be ignored, and don't make a good rival in any sense anyway.

We still don't know a lot about how the various classes play. They seem to be making every effort to make the classes and advanced classes feel somewhat iconic. So Bounty Hunters have that bounty board where they can kill various things for cold hard cash, the Sith Inquisitor is feeling much like the Palpatine Archetype, Sith Maurader feels like a Darth Maul type, Juggernaut more of a Vader guy. I got to think that smugglers will actually have to smuggle things which could be really sweet. Until we know more about everything I don't have strong preferences one way or the other, but based on faction mates I'd rather oppose <Pax> and <Veers> than ally with them,
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Why is it that the Empire is always considered evil emo griefers? Take over a few planets, try to conquer the world, commit matricide, and everyone thinks you're a kid who is taking aggressions out because he wasn't hugged enough as a kid...or hugged too much. What is wrong with saying my way is the best way, either join or die?
Cuspar eats dead people.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Furiel wrote:everyone who has listed alts has always listed a bunch of Empire side classes.
Just an observation
You really don't give up on that, do you? Evil is for chumps. All the cool kids are Good. :wookiee:
Evil will always win because good is dumb :vader:

Seriously though, I'm not anti-republic at all. I was just pointing out some people's leanings in an effort to try to be inclusive, which may mean re-examining being faction specific, or adjusting our timetable for expanding to both factions.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah we can lean one way or the other, but until we have a clear vision of how the classes will play and what story arc elements we should be expecting, it is all looking at clouds and saying "That looks like a rancor! That one looks like a gurk!"
Jounville Blackferne

Kitoshi
Priest

Post by Kitoshi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm still pissed they didn't add a third criminal faction. That's where the Bounty Hunters and Smugglers really belong.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Kitoshi wrote:I'm still pissed they didn't add a third criminal faction. That's where the Bounty Hunters and Smugglers really belong.
Darth Haters podcast today was briefly talking about that. They pointed out that both smugglers and bounty hunters are groups that are aligning themselves with certain factions for this conflict. So they said there seemed to be something they saw either in a comic or in the game play (I can't remember which) where a bounty hunter was hired to take out Sith because they were thought to be seditious. Like wise the smugglers may not love the republic and whatever, but they dislike the Sith more. So from an RP perspective you could have plenty of bad guys working for the good guys, or good guys working for the bad guys.
Jounville Blackferne

Yimayz
Priest

Post by Yimayz » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:07 am

Smuggler
Sith Inquisitor

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:04 pm

As before, my main will be Sith Inquisitor. I was the one person that voted Sith back in the original polls. I'm just a bad, bad man. :shifty:

My alt will probably be Jedi Consular, but I won't make that decision until I actually play the game a bit.

Where's my Beta invite damn it! (though I couldn't actually play at the moment since my desktop is in a box and I'm using unsecured WiFi on the laptop with the only available signal requiring me to be outside...)

Sniperwolf
Friend of Alvis

Post by Sniperwolf » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Going back to my SWG roots I'd have to play as a commando. Ranged tanking just seems bad ass. Although the allure of dual wielding lightsabers brings joyous tears to my eyes. Most delicious tears.....

Happyclam
Deacon

Post by Happyclam » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Personally, the side doesn't really matter to me as much as how the different classes play. I mean, if I find the Imperial agent the most fun to play, then I'm gonna be an Imperial agent, though if I find another fun class to play on the republic side, I may visit occasionally.

Just look for different iterations of Clam. (Perhaps I'll even name one Veelaclam and wreak havoc on the Imp side.)

Veela
Deacon

Post by Veela » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Just as long as you don't name it Veelasclam
Veela

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Veela wrote:Just as long as you don't name it Veelasclam
VeelasHarryClam, however, would be acceptable.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Dood wrote:
Veela wrote:Just as long as you don't name it Veelasclam
VeelasHarryClam, however, would be acceptable.
Then it could be changed to VeelasRazorClam.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Veela
Deacon

Post by Veela » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Sometimes I wonder why I post here.

Then I read posts like those and remember.
Veela