ATTENTION APPLICANTS: PLEASE READ FIRST

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Fynn
Priest
Re: ATTENTION APPLICANTS: PLEASE READ FIRST

Post by Fynn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 am

Welcome Thanalis!
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Finally!

The other sucker has made it :rave:

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Post by TimmySchneeks » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Lo!

1. I'm Tim - I Typically go by TimmySchneeks in games, though I've already broken a cardinal rule of Alvis and my Lv35 Gunslinger differs - he goes by Boccior. Didn't feel right joining with a random generated name that started as a trial :woe: Also just got my legacy name de'laMancha, in case you see me tilting at windmills with any alts.

2. I came for the ham and pomp, but stayed for the drinking and revenge. Been gaming with Skiggity for some time now, he's been dragging me (kicking and screaming, I assure you) into many a gaming genre/guild/etc. from Guitar Hero to TF2 to now SWTOR. He says The Church is good people, so The Church is good people (or else I want my money back Skig).

3. So hard to choose! First million-pointer in rock band playing drums on Limelight? Finally getting that gold license in Gran Turismo after days and days of effort? Getting past level 2 in Battletoads? I think I have to go back even farther to the day I got the original GameBoy for Christmas. I actually opened Motocross Madness first, and I still vividly remember the feeling of pure joy when I realized "OH MAN I KNOW WHAT'S IN THE OTHER BOX NOW!!!" and tore it open. Turned it on...<ka-ching!> and my 8-year-old life was changed forever. Hard to match that anywhere else these days.

Anyway, I know I haven't met any of you yet, but looking forward to joining now that I've gotten a bit of a handle on the basics of the game. It's rare to find a good group these days with the right balance of taking the game just seriously enough to still have a good time.
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 pm

As a Gen-pop member of Alvis,

I say you can come on board, but that Skiggity guy.... he may have to go :vader:

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:11 pm

TimmySchneeks wrote: "OH MAN I KNOW WHAT'S IN THE OTHER BOX NOW!!!" .
You're playing with multiple boxes?
Cuspar eats dead people.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Welcome, from one Smuggler to another! :rodian:
Fyyn Cob

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Post by TimmySchneeks » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Vespasian wrote:
If you have the means, I highly recommend it
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:58 pm

Tim/Boccior is frustratingly good at music-based games. Like, I thought I was Mr. Hotsauce in Guitar Hero, and he's all hyper-proficient and doesn't ever mess up. Jerk. I can kick his ass at Nintendo games, though. It's not my fault you didn't see the cow being blown across the soccer field, it happens in real soccer, too.

And yeah, let him in and get rid of me, it's the obvious choice. It was Marrkin's evil plan all along, just to poison our guild with green people.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:18 am

Skiggity wrote:And yeah, let him in and get rid of me, it's the obvious choice. It was Marrkin's evil plan all along, just to poison our guild with green people.
It's all part of my grand plan to make sure Leth knows and stays in his place :obiwan:

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:05 am

TimmySchneeks wrote:
Vespasian wrote:
If you have the means, I highly recommend it
one of us! One of us! One of us!
Cuspar eats dead people.

Avalonmist
Altarsquid

Post by Avalonmist » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 am

AvalonMist & Jol'LEK ( Jose)

I was looking for a active guild been playing for a few weeks and joined a guild were i was the only person ever online. I asked in gen chat for a Active guild and was asked to join.

I played wow for four years i always enjoyed the closeness of my guild i was in we did everything together for dung to raids, new content. My fondest Memory was when we took out the Lich king on 10 man.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 am

Avalonmist wrote:AvalonMist & Jol'LEK ( Jose)

I was looking for a active guild been playing for a few weeks and joined a guild were i was the only person ever online. I asked in gen chat for a Active guild and was asked to join.

I played wow for four years i always enjoyed the closeness of my guild i was in we did everything together for dung to raids, new content. My fondest Memory was when we took out the Lich king on 10 man.
Welcome to the funny farm, the happy pills are in a bowl to your right and the nice men in white coats will be along shortly with your jacket and to show you to your room.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:42 am

Welcome Avalon, thanks for throwing an intro on the Forum. As you're still in the leveling phase, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and feel free to use the guild bank to help gear our your characters; there's mostly stuff for 50s in there, but there are some good lower-level pieces.

Once you hit 50, we can do a few fun runs of the ops to get you properly geared up for the hard mode stuff! hope you enjoy the guild.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Welcome to the Drinking Team with a Righteous problem!

It is good seeing another regular player. We also have a sithie side guild where we are spending are hardly earned credits.

Maizan
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Sir Sunkruhm
Altarsquid

Post by Sir Sunkruhm » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Well, as a new recruit, I figure I should introduce myself.. o.o

1. I am Sunkruhm on SWtOR, and am still a fairly low level (15) since I just started. Nice to meet you guys. ^^;

2. The Church of Alvis invited me through one of my other friends who I play with, Vehni. I decided that I really liked everyone since you all seem pretty friendly, and let's face it-- playing a game with nice people makes it SO much better and more fun. I like the humor and friendliness. :p

3. Favorite gaming moment?.. Two, actually. The first one was a few years back. I used to play almost nothing but Starfox 64 when I was a little kid, but I hadn't even touched a Nintendo controller for years. At a friend's house, I was offered a chance to play it.. I started with 'I'll probably suck now, but ok!'. By the end of my single run-through, I'd beaten the friend's high score by so much that a few years later, he still had never topped it again. XD I both felt a bit guilty, and pretty amused.
The other one was probable on League of Legends, playing with two of the other new Altarsquids, Vehni and Radiskar. It's also much more recent. The enemy team had pretty much crushed us with 62 kills against our 29 kills, and had just gotten the best buff in the game (Baron, for those of you who have played). Four of them rushed three of us immediately after, and somehow we managed to kill those three. We made a mad dash to push straight to their base, tanking the defensive turrets we had to take down along the way and bulldozing over the last person on their team alive (there were four of us pushing, so it wasn' that hard to take out one), and got all the way to their base before they started respawning. I, Radiskar, and the fourth person died fairly quickly as they focused us, then they went for Vehni. The last arrow from his character was in the air as he died, and it just happened to do just enough damage to take out the enemy base and win the game for us. Still can't believe we pulled off a comeback that big, but it was pretty awesome. :p

I look forward to seeing more of all of you.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Welcome Sir Sunkrhum! I loved me some Starfox back in the day.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Hey sir! Glad to have you! Please let us know if you need a hand with anything. We're a pretty helpful bunch. Enjoy your time in the asylum!
Fyyn Cob

tabi2727
Altarsquid

Post by tabi2727 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Hey everybody :) My name is Tabi, but you can call me Div or Divine or Divineshadeau if you prefer to use ingame names. I play a scoundrel healer now :)

I joined the Church of Alvis because when I said i was looking for a guild Butterchubbs pmed me (i later found out his main is Skiggity), answered my questions and i joined! My attraction to this guild was that they had what i was looking for: nice, if not a tad odd from reading some forum posts ;), people and that once i hit 50 i may be able to sneak into a raid group.

My favorite gaming moment would probably be the first time the first guild i raided with and I beat EC SM. At that time I was playing my sorc healer, and we had tried to finish it doing it with 16 people... Butttt we had some stick in the muds and they got grouchy and left after we died on Stormcaller and Firebrand a few times. So we rallied with 8 of us, all so tired we were practically delirious at that point, and kept going. I remember dying laugh cause i was so tired and one of our dps kept running into mobs before the tanks got there. It was a disaster but to this day it is the most fun i have ever had raiding.

Well i think thats enough babbling on my part! See you in game!
-Div

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Welcome! I look forward to meeting you. I'm Jounville the guild leader (Jounville, Olivya, Arrrillius, Fremont) if you need anything or have problems please let me know.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Welcome fellow Scoundrel Healer! Need any advice? I'd be more than happy to help. Welcome aboard!
Fyyn Cob

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:02 am

Hey, good to see you on the forum, and welcome aboard!
-Skiggity, Sage DPS

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Good morning,

Welcome to our little picnic. Please mind the empties, Its Skiggies and Leths turn to clean up...

Maizan
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Maizan wrote:. Please mind the empties, Its Skiggies and Leths turn to clean up...

Maizan

"Mind the empties?" Hey everybody, it's HRH the Queen of England!
-Skiggity, Sage DPS

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Post by TimmySchneeks » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Welcome! Here is one of joun's blogs from a recent church outing to give you an idea of what our raids are like

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/10333211

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 pm

^^^^ARTICLE OF ULTIMATE VICTORY!
-Skiggity, Sage DPS