ATTENTION APPLICANTS: PLEASE READ FIRST

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: ATTENTION APPLICANTS: PLEASE READ FIRST

Post by Furiel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Staris wrote:1. What is your name?
The names Staris though my main on Juyo is Starel.

2. What is your attraction to the Church of Alvis?
I have been playing from the beginning but the friends I had hoped to play with on the west cost never got back to me so have been looking to join a server I could more actively be involved with.

Been a long time listener to SI Radio so been listing to The Nar Shaddaa Lounge since about the beginning so the Juyo server jumped to the top of that list in part because of what I've heard the guild had been doing from the show.

3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment. This should be a good story not just a one liner like "I beat Mario, the credits rolled. It was awesome."
On Matrix Online playing on the Recursion server and after being discipled by Vin and geared as an assassin during the last renegade military soldiers event where most 50's that I was aware of where having problems double teaming the suped up soldiers. Where I was having no difficulty going toe to toe such that if I didn't go on the attack the best the ai could accomplish was tieing on both taking minimal damage. As for myself, my only constraint was the rate I was burning IS as I was taking down the soldiers having to rest as long as I dared in between about every other soldier killed before jumping back into the fray to help my allies and kept that up until the force was destroyed and the area completely cleared.
Welcome to Juyo! If you haven't already go ahead and find someone in game to get you tagged and we'll see ya in-game
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:38 am

1. What is your name?
Marrkin is the name, thought I'd break my own tradition and make my first character in a game a healer for once. Usually play DPS/support classes.
Shattner is my Vanguard alt, which I find way more fun to play on a regular basis, especially in PVP.

I have spent some time, thanks to your invites, in a couple of you raids now. I have also perused your forums greatly and have found the general sense of humor (and from what I can tell, personalities) within the Alvis comunity to be very much along the lines of my own. The activity level of the guild is also attractive.

3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment.
I have a number of them. One of my favorite game moments was when I received my Epic weapon in Everquest 2 with my Warlock. I hit every guild raid and PUR I could for about 2-3 weeks to get that thing, and felt a surge of accomplishment when I finally received it. This would probably be seconded by defeating the first God of war game after a frickin 8 hour amarathon on the last stage.... not a happy afternoon. Almost broke my controller! Oh yeah... and Harpooning Imps off the bridges in Voidstar, definitely one of my favorites.

I'll even give you my worst: after logging over 180 play hours on Final Fantasy VII, I acdentally overwrote my save file with a new game, and I was only halfway through the story :woe:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:49 am

Welcome aboard Marrkin! Catch us in game to tag you!
Cuspar

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:26 am

The ending of God of War 2 is impossible. I gave up and never even started 3 because of it.
Swell Guy/Man's Man

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 am

Welcome aboard, Marrkin! Nice to have you join us.

Kirb
Friend of Alvis

Post by Kirb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 am

1. What is your name?
Despite having a bunch of popular Captain _______ names reserved, it felt wrong cloning my SWG character's appearance without keeping his original name, thus I am merely Kirb.

In other news if anyone wants to roll an alt named Captain Kirk, I can hook you up.

SWG was my first MMO, and the Church is a big part of what made it such a great experience. Scylla will always hold a special place in my heart; I don't remember what I had for dinner Monday, but I'll never forget Balgosa's music videos

3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment. This should be a good story not just a one liner like "I beat Mario, the credits rolled. It was awesome."
'Favorite' would probably be unlocking my Jedi slot, but that's not an interesting story. But I had a lot of great times strapping on my Composite set after paying for doc buffs and just looking for trouble. Strolled into Fort Veers once to see if I could make some new friends. I got some quality one-on-one time with several Imps unfortunate enough not to have a FotM with doc buffs, food buffs, spice buffs and a set of composite armor. Ended up being swarmed by a group as I was trying to take out one of those small turrets...I got the thing to within a sliver of health before I suddenly felt remorse for my actions and decided it would be better if my health hit 0.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 am

Woohoo we lured us in a Kirb!! I'll get you squared away on teh forums, then find someone in game to get you tagged!
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:08 am

T3h Kirb!!

SICK.

(PS. Balgosa is in Alvis now... Just sayin'!)
Cuspar

Cafabi
Friend of Alvis

Post by Cafabi » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:36 am

My name...Phumai is the name of my main, a Scoundrel healer. I tend to roll quite a few alts and have a Sentinel named Cafabi @ 50 as well.

What drew me to The Church of Alvis...I know a couple guildies from EQ2 and have done some WZ's with some others. I'm looking for some HM and OPS to participate in regularly or when possible. This seems to be the place I can go to find these things as well as a great atmosphere.

My most memorable moment...I think when the guild I was in finally downed Switchmaster in EQ2. We worked on him for months and months and never seemed to put a perfect attempt forward. That kill validated so much game time that it couldn't help but be a memorable one.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:46 am

Welcome aboard - catch someone in game and get your toons tagged! Glad to have you!
Cuspar

zeuzz31
Altarsquid

Post by zeuzz31 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:33 pm

1. What is your name? Ze'uzz

2. What is your attraction to the Church of Alvis? My friend Shattner is a member, also I want to be in an active guild with friendly easy goin peeps.

Well lets see what was one my favorite moments, earliest favs. would include spamming for trades in east commons tunnel in EQ1, also "QUAD KITING" in Cobalt Scar has a warm place in my heart, raiding the planes in PoP, as far as EQ2 goes the early days of the game killin giants in TS and doing HQ's like GBS. All in all I've been playin MMO's since 2K1, and would love to become a part of the guild, let me know :lightsaber:

Veela
Deacon

Post by Veela » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:38 am

Marrkin wrote:I'll even give you my worst: after logging over 180 play hours on Final Fantasy VII, I acdentally overwrote my save file with a new game, and I was only halfway through the story :woe:
Oh my god. That's terrible. As someone who maxed out Knights of the Round TWICE and fought Ruby and Emerald Weapon... well, let's just say I'm feeling your pain. Even after 15 years.
Veela
Bishop via Guild Banker | Sawbones | Black Magic Internet Witch

gamerblue
Altarsquid

Post by gamerblue » Tue May 08, 2012 2:23 am

1. What is your name?
Chris Arndt aka Garritt Windspire or Kasi Windspire from SWG and GTF (Galactic Trade Federation). Topher in SWTOR

Knew the guild through SWG (Star Wars Galaxies - Pre NGE), attended many events we or they hosted.

I don't know why but I always come back to a stupid moment playing Champions of Norrath on the PS2 (this is an EQ based dungeon crawler.) I was playing two player local and a buddy of mine saw lava in one area and asked me if it hurts if the lava touches you. I replied with "i think it's just background" So he walked right into it, his character screamed in agony and turned into a black charred mess. "Oops"
Topher - Gunslinger and Ladies Man (Garritt Windspire)

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm

gamerblue wrote:1. What is your name?
Chris Arndt aka Garritt Windspire or Kasi Windspire from SWG and GTF (Galactic Trade Federation). Topher in SWTOR

Knew the guild through SWG (Star Wars Galaxies - Pre NGE), attended many events we or they hosted.

I don't know why but I always come back to a stupid moment playing Champions of Norrath on the PS2 (this is an EQ based dungeon crawler.) I was playing two player local and a buddy of mine saw lava in one area and asked me if it hurts if the lava touches you. I replied with "i think it's just background" So he walked right into it, his character screamed in agony and turned into a black charred mess. "Oops"
Without jumping the gun (because I have no say in your status), welcome aboard

...or sorry you didn't make it, depending on the outcome :P
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Veela
Deacon

Post by Veela » Tue May 08, 2012 8:11 pm

gamerblue wrote:1. What is your name?

OMG! Garrett!!
Veela
Bishop via Guild Banker | Sawbones | Black Magic Internet Witch

Rainne
Altarsquid

Post by Rainne » Mon May 21, 2012 9:42 pm

1. What is your name?

Rainne is my character. She is a Jedi shadow and currently what I am leveling. I tend to have alt-itus but I haven't leveled a jedi up to 50 so I really want one. I have done some sith up 50 on another server.

I am RL friends with Maizan and they were the person who told me about the guild. I am interested in a guild with fun people who aren't asshats and am looking to eventually get into end game fun. I don't have a lot of experience with end game here on SWToR but have raided a lot in Wow. But I've also tried Rifts, Aeon, Lineage 2, CoH, CoV, EQ2 and GW but now only play this and occasionally WoW.

Though I did finish Super Mario and it was kinda awesome and does give useful skills for getting holocrons, though not as cool as the end of Dragon age. My most recent favourite gaming moment was actually here on SWToR. The end of the first act on the Sith inquisitor. The end scene, won't spoil it, was very entertaining and I actually laughed out loud. Another was playing Rainbow 6 Vegas. We were getting ready to storm a room, my friend opens the door and I throw in the grenade. Well doesn't it bounce off the railing on the other side of the door and bounced back. I just look at my friend say 'oh no' and then BOOM we're dead by my grenade. Maybe not my /favourite/ moment but it certainly was funny. I think subconsciously it was pay back for all the times he had the sniper rifle and if I moved infront of him, his itchy finger would pull the trigger on me.

Rainne

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon May 21, 2012 10:02 pm

So we have to know...

Are you Green? :yoda:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Welcome! Find someone in game to get you tagged. I'm on most nights.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Tue May 22, 2012 1:07 am

Yah. Finally. Welcome to the church, which has a serious green envy on at the moment. :yoda:

Maizan
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Rainne
Altarsquid

Post by Rainne » Tue May 22, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm a little more yellow then green but my tatoos make me look like I have mask. They need cathar then I could be catwoman.

Rainne

Cenia
Altarsquid

Post by Cenia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:39 pm

1. What is your name?
Cenia

Following friends

Oh I don't know, there are so many. I think one of my favorite moments was when I realized everyone in Mistmoore Castle in Everquest 1 loved me. As a hafling druid I liked to make believe that I was Mayong's hairy foot toy.
One of my others is working on the Saving Soles Heritage quest with a bunch of guildmates in lavastorm in EQ2.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:52 pm

About time Cenia!

1 down, 1 to go..... tell him he's a slacker.....

WOOT!

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm still probably going to call you Nae out of habit, but it's about damn time.

Permissions have been updated here and we'll get you tagged in game when one of the officers can catch ya

The Plush Family:

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Welcome Cenia!
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Thanalis
Altarsquid

Post by Thanalis » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 pm

1. What is your name? Thanalis

2. What is your attraction to the Church of Alvis? Following friends as well.

3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment.

I have way too many, been playing games a LONG time... A long time ago playing EQ1 as a Paladin I was wandering around with my Wizard friend in Befallen. I don't recall the purpose of the visit but we were just blowing up skeletons and such a few at a time. After about 10 minutes of this, my buddy suggested I just run through the zone and aggro everything I could possibly get and haul the massive train back near the entrance area. I ran off and passed by everything I saw for about 5 minutes and hauled it back. We stood in the entrance for a few minutes as skeleton after skeleton ran up through the dungeon and piled on top of us. When we thought everything was there, he let off on of his massive AE nukes, killing everything in one instant... I still have no idea how many mobs were there but I remember picking up bone chips off of what looked like the same corpse for about a half hour! I don't recall ever having to farm bone chips for my necro ever again after that night.