ATTENTION APPLICANTS: PLEASE READ FIRST

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Droo
Friend of Alvis
Re: ATTENTION APPLICANTS: PLEASE READ FIRST

Post by Droo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:55 pm

I have no idea what a Merka Cathage is.....and frankly, I don't want to know.

Cuspar
Cardinal

ATTENTION APPLICANTS: PLEASE READ FIRST

Post by Cuspar » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:03 pm

He was a kid who claimed to have cancer to get free stuff. Blackferne, Jeezbus and I hawtpant-griefed him across the galaxy.
Cuspar

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Welcome!

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Guild Application:
Answer thee me, these questions three...
1. What is your name?
Maizan. I seek the Holy Grail. Favourite colour is red. No green.

2. What is your attraction to the Church of Alvis?
I am RL friends with Dodd, unless he owes you something, then I don't know the bum. I have played EverQuest, EQ2, SWG (before change) and MoM. I have played all the standard positions but am better at DPS and crowd control. I also love playing the Auction houses and making lots and lots of monies. I am looking for a good guild is active and plays regularly.

3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment.
In Everquest, Our guild was in mid Raid on the Plane of Hate (1st of the big raid planes, and 1st time there) and we whipped (and whipped good). While waiting for body recovery we chatted. Instead of getting bent out of shape and pointing figures, we started talking about our selves in RL. I added my bit about life and relationships using the bread bakers motto and got a large round of laughs. Even though we were in a bad situation and body recovery took a very long time, everybody left happy and guild stronger because of this epic playing failure.

So Mario not beat. The credits rolled. It was awesome. (but not The Awesome).

Maizan.
"I am on a drinking team with a gaming problem".
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:16 am

Maizan welcome to the Altarsquid class of 2011.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:45 am

...and there goes the neighborhood. :woe:

MarkusTiEl
Friend of Alvis

Post by MarkusTiEl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:51 pm

1. Name's MarkusTiEl

2. Friends IRL with Arrican although he will never admit to it. Played a lot of mmo's after WoW's release, almost too many to count, including those weird korean FtP ones.

3. My favorite moment in gaming, that would probably have to be when I was playing WoW in vanilla, in MC full raid, I can't remember it was either Lucifron or Gehennas, whichever one fears, anyway, I was feared into the pit of imp's to the left, and instead of running back into the raid with them I bit the bullet, ran back into the cave thing and just let them kill me, was my first time raiding and the RL said some pat on the back crap and we continued without wiping the rest of the evening, it was good to see that I at least had some idea as to what I was doing.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 pm

MarkusTiEl wrote:1. Name's MarkusTiEl

2. Friends IRL with Arrican although he will never admit to it. Played a lot of mmo's after WoW's release, almost too many to count, including those weird korean FtP ones.

3. My favorite moment in gaming, that would probably have to be when I was playing WoW in vanilla, in MC full raid, I can't remember it was either Lucifron or Gehennas, whichever one fears, anyway, I was feared into the pit of imp's to the left, and instead of running back into the raid with them I bit the bullet, ran back into the cave thing and just let them kill me, was my first time raiding and the RL said some pat on the back crap and we continued without wiping the rest of the evening, it was good to see that I at least had some idea as to what I was doing.

Welcome to the Altarsquid class of 2011. Make yourself at home and if you need anything let me know.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Welcome aboard!
Cuspar

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:07 pm

1. What is your name?

RL Name is Jake, In game name is Fynn

I'm a member of CoLS (The Lost Smugglers) and a few of our members (Dood, Veela) are members here

3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment. This should be a good story not just a one liner like "I beat Mario, the credits rolled. It was awesome."

It's kind of lame, so I apologize in advance, but the moment I realized I was playing Revan blew my socks off. I sat there and stared at the screen for what felt like an eternity. When I finally shook off the shock, I became kiddy with excitement. I had a very important decision to make. Do I continue walking the path chosen for me by the council or return to the corruption I don't remember choosing for myself. I felt betrayed. Betrayed by Bastilla, by the Jedi, by that old coot Jolee. I felt like I mislead, knowingly or otherwise, Mission and Z...Then I realized, after all that time, that I was simply PLAYING a game. I had never, nor ever since, experienced such complete immersion. Not only in a world, but in a character. It was masterful.

Thank you for your consideration.
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:14 pm

Jake welcome to the altarsquid class of 2011. Choose Juyo as your server and find us for an invite!
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Welcome aboard, Jake/Fynn!
Cuspar

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Will do! Thanks.

I'll be on later this evening, thanks again.

Thanks Cuspar!
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Mazeltove Jake Flynn!
Cuspar eats dead people.

Skywise
Friend of Alvis

Post by Skywise » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:11 am

Guild Application!

1. What is your name? Skywise

2. What is your attraction to the Church of Alvis? I was sold on your guild by a RL friend, Miragel. I'm looking for a casual guild that can enjoy the roleplay involved with the Star Wars universe. Plus, any guild that doesn't take itself too seriously is a helluva lot more fun than one overly concerned about the DPS factor

3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment. Putting multiple agg holes in Miragel's vampire PC :-P But, since we're probably talking about computer gaming here, it'd have to be my first playthrough of Deus Ex...Anna Navarre had irritated the shit out of me throughout the entire game, and when she confronted me in the 747, I landed a lucky sniper shot right between her soulless eyes....and watched as my handler came over my infolink and told me he'd wipe the logs to cover my ass. I'm a big, BIG fan of open-ended games like Deus Ex, Just Cause 2, or Minecraft!
Skywise

"Oh bother" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 am

Welcome skywise to the altarsquid class of 2011. I'm currently at a chinese buffet, but when I get home i'll get you set up.

Sent from Nar Shadaa using Tapanudo.
Jounville Blackferne

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:50 am

Welcome to Alvis Altarsquid Skywise.
Cuspar eats dead people.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Welcome aboard, Skywise!
Cuspar

Grimgunner
Friend of Alvis

Post by Grimgunner » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 pm

MY NAME: Grimgunner (alt character name: DolkenRand)

MY ATTRACTION TO THE CHURCH OF ALVIS: Was looking for a guild that is fun and productive and does not take shit too serious, Dodd my RL friend told me of the Church and it sounded great, count me in!!!

FAVORITE GAMING MOMENT: Was when I was among my buds playing WoW, and we were cleaning up in Gnomeragen instance. We got to a boss fight which was a clockwork gnome, which took place on a platform. Our Mage had an engineering helm that controlled machines. He used it to make the boss walk off the platform and commit suicide, we all cheered in our head sets thinking that was an easy kill. What we didn't realize is that bosses in WoW don't take falling damage. My rogue looked out over the ledge and sees the boss coming back up the ramp and aggroing literally all mobs left in the instance on his way up (an army of hundreds of elite gnomes and clockwork machines), needless to say we got slaughtered, but we all laughed our asses off at the events leading up to our party wipe...lol!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 pm

That is a good gnomer story.

Welcome to the Altarsquid class of 2011 Grimgunner. Make yourself at home. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Jounville Blackferne

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Look at what the riffraff dragged in.

ALVIS IS SPREADING IN CANADA.

Also, I was in the instance when that happened. It was a pretty funny moment, actually. I still laugh when I think about it.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:54 pm

I'd like to congratulate your friend on somehow managing to register an account, fillout an application, and somehow trigger the forum to mark his account inactive all in the span of a few minutes.

I was completely stumped on how he managed to post but not show up in the member list or on most recent registered account.
Jounville Blackferne

Miragel
Scribe

Post by Miragel » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Skywise wrote: 3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment. Putting multiple agg holes in Miragel's vampire PC :-P
Hey Skywise.
No Agg dmg here in swtor. none for you.

-Mira

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Blackferne wrote:I'd like to congratulate your friend on somehow managing to register an account, fillout an application, and somehow trigger the forum to mark his account inactive all in the span of a few minutes.

I was completely stumped on how he managed to post but not show up in the member list or on most recent registered account.
He called me in a panic last night and mentioned he was having issues trying to apply. I'll call him tonight.

Briz
Friend of Alvis

Post by Briz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 am

1. What is your name?
In-game I'm Briz, IRL, Jeff.

Friends IRL with Dodd and Yi'Xang.

3. Please describe in detail your favorite gaming moment. This should be a good story not just a one liner like "I beat Mario, the credits rolled. It was awesome."
My favorite gaming moment was the first time that I was killed by Vox in Everquest. I was so full of adrenaline for the fight and when she finally turned her claws on me (after killing about 20 other raiders), I felt honored to have her attention. The most powerful mob in the entire world chose me (to eat).