Wish I'd seen this earlier...

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Marrkin
Bishop
Wish I'd seen this earlier...

Post by Marrkin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:09 pm

...'cuz then I'd probably play a bit more often lol:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/epic-story-xp ... 39497352=1

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: Wish I'd seen this earlier...

Post by Furiel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:10 pm

I would have sworn I mentioned this a couple times but maybe you weren't on. I've been taking sporadic advantage of this and have completed all of the class stories now except the Sith Warrior, which I'm about half done with.

It's what I'd been playing primarily until HoW dropped, which has obviously been holding my attention of late.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Furiel wrote:I would have sworn I mentioned this a couple times but maybe you weren't on. I've been taking sporadic advantage of this and have completed all of the class stories now except the Sith Warrior, which I'm about half done with.

It's what I'd been playing primarily until HoW dropped, which has obviously been holding my attention of late.
I remember mention of a bump, but my understanding was that they had a couple different bumps happening... must've been my confusion lol

Maybe I'll put a few hours into my Shadow this weekend...

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:12 am

Bumpish...but as I've been reading up on all the changes for KotFE leveling is now SUPER easy. Instead of getting 12x class story XP you get 6x now for class story and 6x for the planetary story arc. So all you have to do now is the 2 main arcs on each planet to level past it in no time.

Also, they completely revamped gear, stats and a partial revamp of crafting. It is a VERY different game now. I've enjoyed the bit of time I've put into it thus far.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:13 pm

The only pain so far is when you log back in for the first time you get a lot of item recover emails of all your companions original gear and when you bring them out they have no weapons and no pants.

I went through some of their gear for the mods but gave up and just dumped most of it keeping their original stuff.
Last edited by Maizan on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Also worth mentioning is the legacy storage locker you get when you buy a stronghold.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Speaking of companions, what I wish I would have known before yesterday is that companion stats don't matter anymore. Companion gear is aesthetic only so you don't have to worry anymore about keeping their gear up to date.

Still trying to wrap my head around the crafting changes...

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Well,

Due to recent statements made by Bungle (yes, they BUNGLE-d by making this decision) that they have no plans for any Destiny Year 2 DLC's, I think I am done with Destiny for the time being. Guess that means I get to catch up on every other thing I have laying around. Suppose since I have Saturday's off from my 2nd job now, then that will be a good time to hop in and check out the changes.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:34 am

I'll probably be playing on the Sith side. They put in this new kinda reverse bolster thing in where if you go to a lower level planet it automatically lowers your effective level to the max for that planet. So even if my char is higher level than yours we can still play together without screwing up XP for each other.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:40 pm

Furiel wrote:I'll probably be playing on the Sith side. They put in this new kinda reverse bolster thing in where if you go to a lower level planet it automatically lowers your effective level to the max for that planet. So even if my char is higher level than yours we can still play together without screwing up XP for each other.
Actually it usually the last level where stuff would be green. so when you get to the lvl 65 dailies for boxes on Odessa, you can blow through the heroics on Hutta/Korriban with no problem.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Alrighty, so tomorrow 12/12/15 after I take care of some things @ my parents' house, I shall be logging in. For me, it shall henceforth be known as SWTOR Saturday (until I don't play it again lol :twisted: )

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:57 pm

I'll probably be levelling my Juggernaut (Duchanne) sometime in the afternoon if you want to say hi.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm trying to decide who I want to spend my free lvl 60 character slot on. Right now this is where I'm at with everyone on both sides...
Republic:
Troopers - Furiel (Commando) 55 - Kessilee (Vanguard) 22
Consulars - Montae (Shadow) 55 - Kam'ryn (Sage) 55
Knights - Gaen (Guardian) 55 - Ziraava (Sentinel) 13
Smugglers - T'ony (Gunslinger) 55 - Sabran (Scoundrel) 35

Empire:
Bounty Hunter - Tee'sar (Mercenary) 52
Inquisitors - Daara (Sorcerer) 51 - Rictin (Assassin) 20
Warrior - Demeton (Marauder) 47 [currently and starting on Voss]
Agent - Morteos (Sniper) 51

And I have the 1 free lvl 60 plus 1 more open character slot. I'm a BH Powertech, Warrior Juggernaut and Agent Operative from having 1 of every subclass. I'm considering using it on a Powertech so I have a high level tank on the Imp side, but I could go that with the Juggernut too... so there's that.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:44 pm

I haven't spent mine and I'd be careful using it since I remember that when teh expansion launched and for a while afterwards they didn't always take and you'd end up with a CS nightmare.

Also IIRC they are used on a brand spanking new character, not a "top off this guy please"
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:08 am

Blackferne wrote:I haven't spent mine and I'd be careful using it since I remember that when teh expansion launched and for a while afterwards they didn't always take and you'd end up with a CS nightmare.

Also IIRC they are used on a brand spanking new character, not a "top off this guy please"
That part I knew, which is why I listed a couple I don't have yet as my options. I don't really want to delete a character that's only partially leveled. I don't think I want to do an agent because I really enjoyed that story and wouldn't mind seeing it again, so I guess the answer would probably be which story did I like less, Warrior or BH. And thus far they are probably tied on the meh scale...

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:09 pm

All patched up and played a short bit this morning. Lvl 7 Inquisitor named Chel'lon. He's already joined in P6. Prob be back on around 5pm PST (12/12/15)

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:23 pm

I'll make sure I'm around then...

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:32 pm

BTW - figured I'd throw this out here...

I haven't already given up on SWTOR again, but my computer BSOD's every time I try to play it. Until I figure that out I won't be able to enjoy it.

I am hoping the next GeForce driver update will fix it. If not then I am going to roll back my drivers a couple versions and see what I can accomplish from there.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:43 am

Figure it out fast, they have double XP til Sat morning or so...

Using the double xp to do a solo run of Esseles, which takes about 45 minutes, probably can be done faster if you really rush, you get around 5 levels right now. I did 2 runs on my Trooper alt last night, started at 22, now 32. Did the same with my lvl 12 Sentinel and is now 22 or 23. I did complete all of the bonus quests as well, which is why I say you can probably rush it more, but you'd miss out on the extra xp for the bonus lines. I figure 3 maybe 4 runs with each sub 50 alt should get them more than enough of an XP pad that then I should only have to do class stories to speed level them to 50+ and endgame activities.

Same can be done with Black Talon on the Imp side. I did 1 run on my operative, took about the same amount of time and probably would have had the same XP results, but I miscalculated and didn't finish 1 bonus quest so I only got a little over 4 levels.

The Plush Family: