Guild ships and more comin to SWTOR

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Skiggity
Bishop
Guild ships and more comin to SWTOR

Post by Skiggity » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:43 pm

In fact, they're on the test server right now, along with some potentially interesting planetary conquest things to do with them.

Timmah and I are still very active in the game, and we've got a few alts keeping the CoA/Pod Six banners from getting too dusty. I even seen a few other folks have logged in semi-recently. Never hesitate to search for Skiggity or Tom'mato (Timmah switch his main due to a 'Slinger nerf and some crazy Vanguard DPS potential). We're running under the Contraband Incorporated banner with our mains, if anyone wants to check out guild ships when 2.9 drops I think any invited toon can visit regardless of guild affiliation.

We've also pondered buying a guild ship for Chruch of Alvis, but at $50mil a pop it's not quite an impulse buy...and what would we name it? "Blackferne's Bounty"?
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Whiteness
Priest

Re: Guild ships and more comin to SWTOR

Post by Whiteness » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:11 am

Glad to hear you're keeping the guild alive!

Ship names!
Sweet Delia
Drunken Vengeance
Ham and Pomp
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:28 am

You know I actually patched my client the other night and left it sitting at the login screen for a few hours while I was doing other stuff, I just never hit play...
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:59 am

It's been 328 days since your last logon, Furiel!
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 am

Ship names:

Venganza
Palinander
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:49 am

Skiggity wrote:It's been 328 days since your last logon, Furiel!
Convince me to come back.

Seriously, give me an excuse. It's almost football season, the weather is starting to turn, volleyball season is almost over and it looks like I won't be playing this fall unfortunately, my love life is deader than the hookers in Jeezbus's basement, I finally got a new job so I don't have to dedicate a bunch of time to job hunting...
So tell me, other than the completionist aspect of hitting a bunch of acheivements and finishing all the class stories, tell me what's changed and why I should return.

Also for ship names:
Fort Klugman
Destroyer de Venganza (or cruiser/frigate/some other capital ship type)
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Furiel wrote: Convince me to come back.

Seriously, give me an excuse. It's almost football season, the weather is starting to turn, volleyball season is almost over and it looks like I won't be playing this fall unfortunately, my love life is deader than the hookers in Jeezbus's basement, I finally got a new job so I don't have to dedicate a bunch of time to job hunting...
So tell me, other than the completionist aspect of hitting a bunch of acheivements and finishing all the class stories, tell me what's changed and why I should return.
Furiel, you are always welcome to come join me in Everquest 2 :twisted:
Decided to take that plunge again this last weekend, I'm lvl 90 now and havin fun in a guild that picked me up. Not up to raiding yet though...

It's amazing how much I missed the complexity. It's also changed so much it's like a completely different game.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Marrkin wrote:
Furiel wrote: Convince me to come back.

Furiel, you are always welcome to come join me in Everquest 2 :twisted:
Decided to take that plunge again this last weekend, I'm lvl 90 now and havin fun in a guild that picked me up. Not up to raiding yet though...

It's amazing how much I missed the complexity. It's also changed so much it's like a completely different game.
EQ2 now that is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

The Plush Family:

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:33 pm

The most recent ops, Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, came out a while ago, but they're pretty solid and the nightmare mechanics are still challenging, though that's only useful for top-tier raiders. They've added a few flashpoints to advance a storyline of imps vs. pubs that should play out over the next few patches, and the guild ship stuff might be cool (Dulfy has a guide, but it's not live yet). Frankly, if you're not inherently pining for it, maybe wait till the next big expansion with 3.0, although at some point the conversation will shift to SWTOR2 (they've already announced some form of tie-in with the upcoming film trilogy, remains to be seen where and in what capacity).
-Skiggity, Sage DPS

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:42 pm

I know I'm pining for something, I'm just not sure what is the thing. In recent weeks I've been playing the SWG emu again for nostalgia sake, but that game is so unbalanced and all the players are the super hardcore it seems and while I love Star Wars what kept me active in SWG was more Alvis and eventually the Jedi grind, not love of the game.

I've toyed with the idea of playing WoW again recently as well as having patched TOR but not actually logging in, and I honestlyhadn't even thought of EQ2 until Marrkin said something. Clearly I'm looking for a game to play, I just don't know what.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Well brotha, if you decide to resurrect Tesar or anyone else, I'm still on Unrest.

Playing mostly as Lesserof (my 90 warlock) since I need to hit 280 AA's before I can gain lvl 91 (only @ 222 now!), and if not him then on Maarkin or Uptah.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Marrkin wrote:Well brotha, if you decide to resurrect Tesar or anyone else, I'm still on Unrest.

Playing mostly as Lesserof (my 90 warlock) since I need to hit 280 AA's before I can gain lvl 91 (only @ 222 now!), and if not him then on Maarkin or Uptah.
How has it changed. Call me lazy but I'm busy, especially tonight so I don't want to read up on all the changes...

The Plush Family:

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Furiel wrote:I know I'm pining for something, I'm just not sure what is the thing. In recent weeks I've been playing the SWG emu again for nostalgia sake, but that game is so unbalanced and all the players are the super hardcore it seems and while I love Star Wars what kept me active in SWG was more Alvis and eventually the Jedi grind, not love of the game.

I've toyed with the idea of playing WoW again recently as well as having patched TOR but not actually logging in, and I honestlyhadn't even thought of EQ2 until Marrkin said something. Clearly I'm looking for a game to play, I just don't know what.
Star Trek Online is tons of fun. It's F2P and casual. I'm in with a Reddit fleet that is very active and runs STF's (basically very short endgame missions) regularly. Cool minigames, decent story, space and ground combat. It's pretty good.

EDIT: Now is a great time to start. Mid-October will bring a level cap increase and new content. Starting now gives you time to feel out the mechanics and start on equal footing when that drops.
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Furiel wrote:How has it changed. Call me lazy but I'm busy, especially tonight so I don't want to read up on all the changes...
Mmm, I'm still working on it lol... Not sure when you stopped playin last. TBH the game is pretty "top-heavy" so sub-80 content is pretty lonely. There are a lot of guilds recruiting new players though.

Mercenaries are one thing... much like having companions in SWTOR. There is an initial hiring fee and then they charge a maintenance fee every 30 minutes. Its pretty much negated as you kill though, since more cash loot drops in that 30 min than they require. Having these guys is pretty badass... Just my warlock and my Merc can down Heroic mobs in about 15 seconds.

AA's trees are completely changed. A lot of it was unfamiliar to me when I got back in, had to do some reading on the EQ2 forums to see the suggestions for Warlocks since I had been out of it so long. They are not as linear as they were, so you have more freedom to choose the things you want to invest in. There are also now Tradeskill AA's as well as Prestige AA's for adventure classes and Tradeskillers. They are like extra-heavy bumps to certain traits.

Qeynos and FP are no longer starting zones. All of their respective districts have been virtually destroyed or altered. You can only start in Neriak or Kelethin now... I think Gorowyn & New Halas too, but I don't remember.

You can "reforge" items, to change or add specs/effects/visual effects. Costs SC points to unlock the ability to do so.

Player-made dungeons, which apparently are the end-all-be-all for leveling.

They now have 2 new classes:

Beastlords are back.. they are a scout class. I haven't checked it out yet, but I plan to.

Channelers... they are a hybrid mage/scout/priest healer... one of my guildmates plays a lvl 90 and was explaining the mechanics to me. Sounds incredibly complicated.. awesome thing is you have to shoot arrows into people to cast your heals lol...

A number of graphic changes, on "High Quality" settings it actually runs better on my computer than SWTOR ever did. That in itself is crazy.

There is integrated voice chat as well.

I have not done really any crafting yet so I can't comment on that.

Not sure of the requirements, but I hear you can create a lvl 85 "heroic" character to try out for one level, then you can either keep him or delete him and try a different one. They come with 280AA's right out the gate. Have not done this yet but I may down the road, just to skip the grind.

and my most recent discovery... as soon as you hit lvl 90... virtually ALL of your stats double. Last Friday @ lvl 85 I was lucky to parse 3-5k and my health was around 16-19k... last night I parsed @ nearly 75k (max effort) and my health pool is over 110k with crap gear.

Apparently raid level/geared Necros, Assassins, and Warlocks are parsing up to (or around) 5mil/sec now. Doubt I'll ever see that though lol...

Lots of Housing options now. Level 85 Arasai and Fae can complete a quest to actually fly instead of the little ground flutter they do to move everywhere.

There are flying mounts... not just floating, but actual flying.

Lots of QOL improvements, just a few examples: You can access any major map zone now from Qeynos or FP docks. Quest markers on NPC's have been revamped for ease of recognition. Quest objective areas are highlighted on the minimaps now, and mobs are marked with a special icon if you have a quest that involves them. A lot of the newer expansions apparently had their quests made so that the objectives/mobs kind of overlapped so you wouldn't be running to 3 different edges of the map to complete 2 quests. Not always the case, but some of it goes that way.

Also, my understanding is that all equippable gear has been revamped for stats. There has been a lot of balancing going on (par for the course for EQ as always) over the past couple years.

Anyway, that's all I can attest to off the top of my head... I know there is a ton more than that, but I have not experienced it yet lol

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:44 pm

Oh, and for the record... I still get pangs to play SWTOR but for some reason just haven't pulled that trigger to re-download.

I miss whompin shit with all you guys.... by a large amount :woe: #nohomobrohugs

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Marrkin wrote:I miss whompin shit with all you guys.... by a large amount :woe: #nohomobrohugs
Don't miss SWTOR, miss the HELL out of raid nights.
Fyyn Cob

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Fynn wrote:
Furiel wrote:I know I'm pining for something, I'm just not sure what is the thing. In recent weeks I've been playing the SWG emu again for nostalgia sake, but that game is so unbalanced and all the players are the super hardcore it seems and while I love Star Wars what kept me active in SWG was more Alvis and eventually the Jedi grind, not love of the game.

Star Trek Online is tons of fun. It's F2P and casual. I'm in with a Reddit fleet that is very active and runs STF's (basically very short endgame missions) regularly. Cool minigames, decent story, space and ground combat. It's pretty good.

EDIT: Now is a great time to start. Mid-October will bring a level cap increase and new content. Starting now gives you time to feel out the mechanics and start on equal footing when that drops.
You know there are 2 types of people in the world, those who like Star Wars more than Star Trek and those who are wrong.

The Plush Family:

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Furiel wrote:You know there are 2 types of people in the world, those who like Star Wars more than Star Trek and those who are wrong.
Can't we all just be geeks? Together. :cheers:
Fyyn Cob

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Or PS4, Destiny on Sept 9, And The Last of Us right now.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:38 pm

I plan on getting back on for the the time being for the housing and such, had planned on starting earlier as my logins will show but got distracted with Skyrim and doing the last expansion since I had apparently forgotten to do it.

Probably won't be up for raiding much since I figure this will be more doing something til the 9th for Destiny but smaller things sure.