Patch notes are up

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
TimmySchneeks
Priest
Patch notes are up

Post by TimmySchneeks » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

TFB appears to have been un-borked, nothing else super exciting that I noticed.
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: Patch notes are up

Post by Furiel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52 pm

*sigh* this is what I was afraid of...a long list of bug fixes all revolving around the cartel market and cartel market items, still no fixes for core gameplay issues

A fix for 32-bit client players who crash regularly - nope
Emerging Conflicts V mission not completing when finishing a flashpoint - nope
GF not giving rewards if you crash during the FP even if you reconnect and complete with the same group (which is obviously an issue for people with problem #1) - nope
Dieing during a boss fight causing the boss to go invisible on combat rezz - nope

but hey, at least some of the cartel market armor now looks right... :head2wall:
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Furiel wrote:*sigh* this is what I was afraid of...a long list of bug fixes all revolving around the cartel market and cartel market items, still no fixes for core gameplay issues

GF not giving rewards if you crash during the FP even if you reconnect and complete with the same group (which is obviously an issue for people with problem #1) - nope
Dieing during a boss fight causing the boss to go invisible on combat rezz - nope

but hey, at least some of the cartel market armor now looks right... :head2wall:
But would you really want that to be fixed it with this patch after having purchased the components for a new computer.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Staris wrote:
Furiel wrote:*sigh* this is what I was afraid of...a long list of bug fixes all revolving around the cartel market and cartel market items, still no fixes for core gameplay issues

But would you really want that to be fixed it with this patch after having purchased the components for a new computer.
Yes, because the dieing and combat rezz bug won't be effected by that and I'd hate to have that occur on progression content and have us miss out on Campaign or DG gear. And I'd hate to die in a FP because the healer DCed. Etc etc...
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Coughahem32bitcoughcough
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Fynn wrote:Coughahem32bitcoughcough
An issue that as Starel pointed out, is going to be addressed within the next week or so as I spent the last few days shopping for a new build. I completed it Sunday night, and ordered it yesterday late morning and by 5 yesterday afternoon I had tracking numbers for all the parts in my email as it had all been shipped out. So my liquid cooled beast of a new gaming rig should be built and running by this time next week.

i5 3.4 GHz processor
32GM DDR3 memory
GeForce GTX 670 Graphics
256GB SSD HD
Win7 ultimate

It should bootup in under a minute and run ToR on full graphics settings without breaking a sweat. Heck it should run anything on the market now and stuff coming out for the next year at least without breaking a sweat.

The Plush Family:

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Awesome! I may be a bit jealous, but still happy for you. No really. Happy

:shun:

:rave:
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:14 am

Furiel wrote: It should bootup in under a minute
If it is taking you anywhere close to a minute,then something is wrong. Including logging in, my SSD gets me from off to usable in ~30 seconds.

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 am

Yeah, expect boot times WAY under a minute with an SSD. I have one of the gen2 Intel SSDs from years ago and my rig comes up in a laughably short time from cold start. More than half the boot time is BIOS stuff.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Post by TimmySchneeks » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Hey look they fixed all of the issues Furiel was talking about in the latest patch!

No, wait, it's just a dancer outfit cosmetic change.
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Don't sell it short: "The art now more accurately reflects the in-game appearance of the Fancy Reveler's armor."

This is HUGE.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Hey folks! Here to clear things up a bit, the patch note is meant to let folks know that the standard character slot restrictions are now being enforced. In ADDITION to this, you may now purchase additional character slots to your heart's content. There is a limit, but it is very, very high and you will probably not reach it. So, if you are a subscriber and want to go beyond your 12 slots, by all means!
Found this today while poking around the official forums. Thought some might find it useful...

The Plush Family: