Need moar DPS in a single item?

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Skiggity
Bishop
Need moar DPS in a single item?

Post by Skiggity » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 am

Since we're running TFB SM now pretty regularly and farming mats, I recommend highly that everyone put a level 27 hilt or barrel in your mainhand weapon. It's not cheap--8 Molecular Stabilizers, 8 Corusca Gems or Ultrachrome, 4 Synthetic Energy Matrixes and 12 each of some lesser mats--but the bump in power is threefold: Weapon Level increase, Force/Tech Power increase and the main stat increase. With Skiggity I've been nursing 1 or 2 extra DPS out of him with upgrades from Rakata to BH gear, for example, but simply going from Rakata Hilt to Dread Guard (27) hilt netted me 30+ DPS on an already highly tweaked character. Might be worth doleing out some MolStabs from the guild bank for our primary raiders?
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Re: Need moar DPS in a single item?

Post by TimmySchneeks » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Yeah I bumped about 40 dps in simulator going from a 25 to a 27 barrel mainhand, and looks like another 15 is on the table for offhand. Best jump I've seen in a while.
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:44 pm

I think this would be a good use for mats in the guild bank for our main raiders.

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:42 pm

I think MANDATORY is a better word! Might as well use those Stabilizers for something!

A fella named Illuminator is an excellent source for the hilts and barrels, usually trade mats plus a tip and he has a bunch on hand whenever he's on it seems. I got Resolve Hilt 27, Might Hilt 27 and Reflex Barrel 27 from him.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 pm

I am finding myself in agreement. The coming expansion we should expect a gear reset, and with it a new definition of high end crafting. We'd be better served using them or selling them now than watching their value drop later.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Skig, why don't you contact him and see what all recipes he has and we can put in an order. There's a bunch of Ultrachrome in the bank I put in last night for the barrels, once we figure out how many hilts we can come up with the Corusca gems as well. I know I have some in my bank, but not a huge amount, but we can always buy some with GB money.

The tip money for our order can easily come out of the GB as well, might as well put that 8 mil to use.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Basically we'll figure out an order to place. We will see if we can get everyone who raids 1 and only 1 upgrade. I can pitch in mats as well (durasteel or zal alloy)
Jounville Blackferne

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Blackferne wrote:Basically we'll figure out an order to place. We will see if we can get everyone who raids 1 and only 1 upgrade. I can pitch in mats as well (durasteel or zal alloy)
Same!
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I have Primeval Artifact Frags on Skig, a decent supply. I'll pile 'em into the Raiding tab of the guild bank.
Find out what you need for your toon:

DPS and Healer Sages, maybe Shadows as well (not sure what the more tanky version would be, don't have a Shadow)
http://www.torhead.com/schematic/hl5OAP ... ve-hilt-27

Sentinels and Knights (I even put one of these on my tank, Alephia; why not have a touch more DPS on a tank?
http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/5831/a ... t_hilt_27/

Troopers:
http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/4112/a ... barrel_27/

Smugs:
http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/5632/a ... barrel_27/
-Skiggity, Sage DPS

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 pm

I put my Corusca Gems and Primeval Art. Fragments into the Raiding mats on the lowest row. I also moved the Upari Crystals from the Crafting Mats to Raiding mats section, as they're part of the hilts.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 pm

The shadow tank version is force weilder hilt

Trooper tank is the commando barrel

Although for hilts and barrels it's a small tradeoff of endurance for primary stat, you don't lose any of the more important secondary stats.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Okay, got a little nerdy with it. I made a google spreadsheet, gonna put it in the Crusades forum so it's not totally wide open on the web.

Find your name, enter the number 1 in your row under the hilt or barrel you want. I don't think the Guardian, Force Wielder or Commando pieces are available yet, or if they are they're not yet cheap (sparse crafters means they usually ask materials plus 1-2 million in tip)

Honestly, survivability is rarely our problem, so I think our Tanks would be better served with the DPS version of the hilt. You might take a minor hit to endurance, but gain a big wad of DPS bonus to help us clear bosses faster.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm gonna compare it with what I have now when I get home. I'll probably do it.
Jounville Blackferne

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Here's another option worth considering. I know we have a couple of Armstechs as well as a couple Artifices. What if we buy up/have made some barrels and hilts for RE purposes. The initial cost may be high, but we can make up for that by taking our MS's and turning them into cash-money! Further, we can provide as many barrels and hilts as we have mats. Just a thought.
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Stabilizers aren't actually selling that well right now; under 200k each, and the market on the GTN is slow. Most folks have moved to trading them for stuff I think now that there's a reliable number of crafters. The 27 Hilts go for about 2 mil a pop on the GTN, so that'd be 10 Stabilizers approx value for a CHANCE at reverse-engineering one of the 4 to 7 items we need.

I'd rather take the sure thing route and gear up our core group so we can farm EC HM and start trying TFB HM, and we can reverse engineer the stuff we score in those ops as it becomes redundant.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Skiggity wrote:Stabilizers aren't actually selling that well right now; under 200k each, and the market on the GTN is slow. Most folks have moved to trading them for stuff I think now that there's a reliable number of crafters. The 27 Hilts go for about 2 mil a pop on the GTN, so that'd be 10 Stabilizers approx value for a CHANCE at reverse-engineering one of the 4 to 7 items we need.

I'd rather take the sure thing route and gear up our core group so we can farm EC HM and start trying TFB HM, and we can reverse engineer the stuff we score in those ops as it becomes redundant.
Such as the campaign pants from T&Z. The last couple times we've been through there noone really wanted them, so I think I'm going to do some research and see what pants options offer the best mod/armoring/enhancement options to RE in hopes of getting some schematics.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:33 pm

I RE'd the bracers I got once (liked my Black Hole MK whatever better for stats), got 2 stabilizers and managed to learn the schematic. I'm down to do the armormech REing if we go down this road.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Blackferne wrote:I RE'd the bracers I got once (liked my Black Hole MK whatever better for stats), got 2 stabilizers and managed to learn the schematic. I'm down to do the armormech REing if we go down this road.
I'd say this would be a good method to go down for the current tier of content. Most of us have rakata geared companions anyway, which is already way more then they need. Better to RE campaign and dread guard gear for schematics and mats so we can stay in-house for armorings/mods/enhances for things like our weapons, belts, bracers, etc.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:49 am

Dropped off all of my Molecular Stabilizers, Synthetic Energy Matrixs, Corusca Gem, Ultrachrome, and Durasteel I also went ahead and topped off the Upari Crystal and Primeval Artifact Fragment.

I would also be willing once we get enough of them to start REing the hilts and enhancements.

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:38 am

Yeah, I'm 100 percent for REing any mods etc, but we're not even to the point where we get a level 61 hilt, much less a 63. In the interests of raid progression I think we should trade for 63 hilts to equip on our mains (a few of us already have), then maybe go for REing extra 27s after we're equipped.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS