1.5 on test

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Maizan
Priest
1.5 on test

Post by Maizan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Game Update 1.5 contains a host of new features including:

New playable companion, HK-51 – Begin your journey to unlock one of the galaxies deadliest assassins.

Section X –Head to Belsavis to discover this new daily hub and learn what you can do to help stop the Dread Masters in their newest scheme.

Nightmare Mode Explosive Conflict – Take on even greater challenges in Explosive Conflict to earn the final pieces of the Dread Guard set and more.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Re: 1.5 on test

Post by Bulwark » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Is there any new info on what it takes to get HK-51, specifically how high your Sith alt needs to be?

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Haven't seen anything yet. I'm sure we should know more in the next few hours, though. Most exciting thing for me is

"Campaign armorings are now available for purchase on the Black Hole vendor for Black Hole Commendations."

It means that if you run your dailies, you can campaign in a much shorter amount of time.
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Bulwark wrote:Is there any new info on what it takes to get HK-51, specifically how high your Sith alt needs to be?
At least 2 bowls worth of that primo California shit brah...
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Post by TimmySchneeks » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 pm

More robes have been adjusted so that their backsides are not inappropriately large when worn.
Sir Mix-A-Lot does not approve
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 am

Fynn wrote:Haven't seen anything yet. I'm sure we should know more in the next few hours, though. Most exciting thing for me is

"Campaign armorings are now available for purchase on the Black Hole vendor for Black Hole Commendations."

It means that if you run your dailies, you can campaign in a much shorter amount of time.

Wow, that's a big one. Gonna make gearing Anna much easier, her optimizations are mostly Campaign, while Skig was mostly BH.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Skiggity wrote:
Fynn wrote:Haven't seen anything yet. I'm sure we should know more in the next few hours, though. Most exciting thing for me is

Wow, that's a big one. Gonna make gearing Anna much easier, her optimizations are mostly Campaign, while Skig was mostly BH.
Note, this is ONLY the armorings, not the mods and enhances, you'll still need to get teh campaign pieces or buy the mods/enhances individually to get the full benefit.

I can only assume this change was made to make it that much easier for people to wear what they want to wear and still get their set bonuses since campaign armorings carry the bonuses.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Bulwark wrote:Is there any new info on what it takes to get HK-51, specifically how high your Sith alt needs to be?
From what I've been able to piece together from my research the HK-51 quest is kinda a scavenger hunt where you have to collect 7 pieces to put him together. Pieces are scattered between a couple planets and a couple HM FPs. There are components to the quest on each factions capital world and Taris for planets. Then you have to do Foundry (imp) or Maelstrom Prison (rep) and False Emperor FPs.

So as long as you have a decently geared 50 AND an alt who's completed DK/coruscant on the other faction you are golden.

Editor's note: I'm patting myself on the back because this is what I actually predicted when HK-51 was originally announced. :rave:

The Plush Family:

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Furiel wrote:
Skiggity wrote:

Note, this is ONLY the armorings, not the mods and enhances, you'll still need to get teh campaign pieces or buy the mods/enhances individually to get the full benefit.

I can only assume this change was made to make it that much easier for people to wear what they want to wear and still get their set bonuses since campaign armorings carry the bonuses.

Yeah, but I can rip mods from the BH pieces I want and nab armorings to fill out my Rakata gear, like I did with Skig. Just a nice alternative, but I do wish they'd kept the BH comms in EC! Or that they'd introduce a way to trade daily comms for BH comms, whatever the exchange rate.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Skiggity wrote:Yeah, but I can rip mods from the BH pieces I want and nab armorings to fill out my Rakata gear, like I did with Skig. Just a nice alternative, but I do wish they'd kept the BH comms in EC! Or that they'd introduce a way to trade daily comms for BH comms, whatever the exchange rate.
Really cool that's happening, the big question is going to be how much blackhole does it take are we talking the new gear that in the 300 range or closer in range to the black hole gear 30-60.

Its also nice that they are at least at this point coming through with saying updates are happening quicker though with less content tough may need to wait to see when 1.6 comes out as this may be the stuff they had to hold off on without delaying 1.4.
Furiel wrote:
From what I've been able to piece together from my research the HK-51 quest is kinda a scavenger hunt where you have to collect 7 pieces to put him together. Pieces are scattered between a couple planets and a couple HM FPs. There are components to the quest on each factions capital world and Taris for planets. Then you have to do Foundry (imp) or Maelstrom Prison (rep) and False Emperor FPs.

So as long as you have a decently geared 50 AND an alt who's completed DK/coruscant on the other faction you are golden.

Editor's note: I'm patting myself on the back because this is what I actually predicted when HK-51 was originally announced. :rave:
That would be nice though if it does require a higher level then that and can be grouped I'll be more then willing to help with either my marauder or powertech.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Staris wrote:
Skiggity wrote:Yeah, but I can rip mods from the BH pieces I want and nab armorings to fill out my Rakata gear, like I did with Skig. Just a nice alternative, but I do wish they'd kept the BH comms in EC! Or that they'd introduce a way to trade daily comms for BH comms, whatever the exchange rate.
Really cool that's happening, the big question is going to be how much blackhole does it take are we talking the new gear that in the 300 range or closer in range to the black hole gear 30-60.
Currently it's 36 for gloves and feet, 40 for legs and 44 for chest and head, so 200 total for all 5.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Well looks like once Olivya is 50 (pretty close) Backson will be more than a sith sunday project if Furiel's research is correct.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Blackferne wrote:Well looks like once Olivya is 50 (pretty close) Backson will be more than a sith sunday project if Furiel's research is correct.
Why? You need A 50 to do the HM FPs (Joun), and A char on the other side that done with DK, which Backson is and that's it. The pieces are legacy bound so you can send them back and forth. You've already met the requirements per my research.

Stolen directly from the PTS forums...
i just did it with 1 lvl 50 rep and 1 lvl 12 imp, and i did it on the 12 solo, its very easy.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Oh I misunderstood. I thought I'd have to run HMFP on both sides. Okay Backson is set for his casual leveling sith sunday then!
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Blackferne wrote:Oh I misunderstood. I thought I'd have to run HMFP on both sides. Okay Backson is set for his casual leveling sith sunday then!
Yeah I can see that, it's an either/or thing. You have to run HM Maelstrom Prison OR HM Foundry, one of the other. And of course you have to run FE, but FE is open to both factions so no issues there as well.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 pm

So could I do all the stuff on Joun to send to Backson for him to level with an HK droid?
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Once he's unlocked u can buy him for any char. Not sure if u can do the unlock on a non-50.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:53 pm

So you do all this stuff and it is unlocked, and then I guess you buy him? any mention of the price?
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Blackferne wrote:So you do all this stuff and it is unlocked, and then I guess you buy him? any mention of the price?
When they announced it they said you would do the quest on 1 toon, then he would be a purchasable legacy perk for your other chars. That does not appear to be the case currently on PTS, so not sure if that is something that will be changing in when it goes live or if BW changed their mind. Both are equally possible.

The having to go to Outlaws Den thing is annoying tho. Place is going to be crawling with griefers for the first few days after 1.5 hits.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Furiel wrote:The having to go to Outlaws Den thing is annoying tho. Place is going to be crawling with griefers for the first few days after 1.5 hits.
Strategy 1: Wait a few days (also allows more people to schedule a group outing for this which leads us to...
Strategy 2: Alvis rolls a mother effing posse. (remember campers, get your PVP rookie gear!)
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:The having to go to Outlaws Den thing is annoying tho. Place is going to be crawling with griefers for the first few days after 1.5 hits.
Strategy 1: Wait a few days (also allows more people to schedule a group outing for this which leads us to...
Strategy 2: Alvis rolls a mother effing posse. (remember campers, get your PVP rookie gear!)
I vote strategy 2 and make it a mother fucking church picnic up in the hizz-house.

The Plush Family:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Furiel wrote:I vote strategy 2 and make it a mother fucking church picnic up in the hizz-house.
I like this, since last time we stomped the shit outta the Imp griefers AND killed the event WB at the same time. Mucho fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Leth
Priest

Post by Leth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:41 am

Furiel wrote:
Skiggity wrote:

Sweet, I can go back to my brown robes of invisiblity so when I die no one can find me.
The Deacon of DPS

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Marrkin wrote:
Furiel wrote:I vote strategy 2 and make it a mother fucking church picnic up in the hizz-house.
I like this, since last time we stomped the shit outta the Imp griefers AND killed the event WB at the same time. Mucho fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Wow, talk about missing the boat. But yeah, that was an absolute blast. TBH, that may have been the most fun moment I've experienced thus far. I'd LOVE to do it again!
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'