1.4 GTN unavailable and mission drops nerfed?

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Furiel
Cardinal
1.4 GTN unavailable and mission drops nerfed?

Post by Furiel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Just going to keep a running tab here for people of what's currently broke, or could be a nerf that's not listed in the patch notes.

Currently the GTN in unavailable with no ETA.

Level 340 mission drops (ie the ones that come as drops and are consumable) are currently giving 50% of the rewards they were prepatch. For example, a lvl 340 slicing mission was giving 6 blue and 3 purple mats, are now giving 3 and 2 respectively. Currently unknown if this is a bug or intended, but I'd wait on cashing in any missions until BW clarifies.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: 1.4 GTN unavailable and mission drops nerfed?

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Players can no longer use some abilities near ledges to avoid taking falling damage.
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... update-1-4

BOOOOOOO!!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Hide head slot also seems to be broken. I logged into 2 chars and their head slot items were showing again and toggling it in preferences did nothing.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:33 pm

odd, mine were showing, but I clicked off and then on again, and it was back to normal.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Reading on the forums apparently it's sproadic, and it will take after 1 or more attempts. I see alot fo clicking in my future.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Furiel wrote:Hide head slot also seems to be broken. I logged into 2 chars and their head slot items were showing again and toggling it in preferences did nothing.
Furiel wrote:Reading on the forums apparently it's sproadic, and it will take after 1 or more attempts. I see alot fo clicking in my future.
From what I read from a dev post is that preferences is broken but if you do it on the character sheet where you unify the color it does work, haven't tried that myself but thought I'd post in case that works.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 am

Staris wrote:
Furiel wrote:Hide head slot also seems to be broken. I logged into 2 chars and their head slot items were showing again and toggling it in preferences did nothing.
Furiel wrote:Reading on the forums apparently it's sproadic, and it will take after 1 or more attempts. I see alot fo clicking in my future.
From what I read from a dev post is that preferences is broken but if you do it on the character sheet where you unify the color it does work, haven't tried that myself but thought I'd post in case that works.
The character sheet works, the other way does not work.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:39 pm

I think the character sheet also has the checkbox inverted where off is on. Just click it a few times and it will work.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:33 pm

So BW has acknowledged they are looking into the Crew Skill mission discoveries, which tells me it's probably a bug.

Also they have now officially said that no story mode op rewards black hole comms except the weekly. Including completing EC. The thing in the patch notes about getting 10 BHCs for completing story mode EC is for the 1 time quest only. This also includes TFB, so no BHCs from those bosses either, so there is little incentive for us to do story mode except to learn the mechanics, and my future scheduling is going to reflect that FYI.

The Plush Family:

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Furiel wrote:So BW has acknowledged they are looking into the Crew Skill mission discoveries, which tells me it's probably a bug.

Also they have now officially said that no story mode op rewards black hole comms except the weekly. Including completing EC. The thing in the patch notes about getting 10 BHCs for completing story mode EC is for the 1 time quest only. This also includes TFB, so no BHCs from those bosses either, so there is little incentive for us to do story mode except to learn the mechanics, and my future scheduling is going to reflect that FYI.
Hooray!

...about the reflection of the recent BH changes...

...not about the awfulness that is BH-comm-free EC SM...
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:14 pm

A periodic sweep of Story Mode to make sure everyone had a shot to get the vehicle quest objective isn't unreasonable, but it shouldn't be an over-riding consideration at this point.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Furiel wrote:So BW has acknowledged they are looking into the Crew Skill mission discoveries, which tells me it's probably a bug.
This is now confirmed as a bug and will be fixed in "an upcoming patch". So sit on your mission discoveries until it's fixed.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Bulwark wrote:
I think the character sheet also has the checkbox inverted where off is on. Just click it a few times and it will work.
From today's patch notes...

UI
General
•The "Hide Helmet" option is no longer located in the preferences. It can be accessed via the character window.

Gotta love BW, why fix when you can just remove!!!

The Plush Family:

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 pm

I feel like my mission discoveries are back to normal, been getting a fair number of crits and the old number of crit items for the past few days at least. Unless I don't remember the real number. This is possible.

EDIT: They say it's now fixed in patch notes, maybe I'll get more and I was just used to the new lower figure. In that case, it'll be a tiny Christmas, and I'll fear for my memory.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer