SWTOR going F2P this fall

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Re: SWTOR going F2P this fall

Post by Blackferne » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Fynn wrote:
Blackferne wrote:Fyyn I can't stay faux-mad at you. I was just playing. Seriously you are a great addition to Alvis and I have yet to hear one unkind thing about you since joining. And if I do that person will suffer as a result.
Yay!!! Now I'm not faux-sad!!! :rave:
I still reserve the right to global mute you on vent.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Fynn wrote:Another discussion created by SWTOR F2P; Do we limit guild recruitment to active subscribers, or will we accept free2players? Personally, and this is from a 6 month lowbie, I say if they're cool I want to game with them. Thoughts?
Though I doubt it would make a difference since we will allow them into the guild would be what level are they potentially restricted at. Do we keep them at alterquid or if we don't put a restriction will Bioware force a level like its been mentioned would a Cardinal be able to be the F2P or would they have to have to be a sub.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Starel I don't know that we can answer those questions in full until we see what the options are.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Blackferne wrote:I still reserve the right to global mute you on vent.
Understood...

...can I top that drink for you? :bow: :-P
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Durai
Altarsquid

Post by Durai » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Willing to bet a lot of the veteran Alvians are secretly hoping for progress on the SWG server emulation project that's been going on...

njessi
Scribe

Post by njessi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:39 am

According to one of the blogs I read, swg emu is up and running. They may still be in beta, but I believe they aren't doing server wipes anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Mistress of Hawtpants

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:10 pm

FIrst, +internets to Furiel for the Night Court reference, -internets to Vesp for comparing it to judge judy

second, it seems that going f2p provided a lot of cash for DnD and LotR when they switched so I'm hopeful it will provide real content here

third, as much as I loved swg I don't know if I could play the emu after swtor

fourth, is after third
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:42 pm

njessi wrote:According to one of the blogs I read, swg emu is up and running. They may still be in beta, but I believe they aren't doing server wipes anymore.
SWG is up and running at SWGEmu... but there's only 2 servers (Nova Test and Basalisk). There's a great population on Basalisk, but it's so good that I can rarely log in because it's full (of AFK'ers too, which pisses me off). It's not 100% feature complete yet, I think BE and CH are still unfinished and there's a bunch of random bugs still to work out (like harvesters stop mining when you log out, but they still use maint and power).

I've got SirPsyko on Basalisk, only a few boxes in Surveying and Engineering so far... going to roll Modro too and recreate my MD/MCM with him.