Bad day at Bioware

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Maizan
Priest
Bad day at Bioware

Post by Maizan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:14 pm

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407392
During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.
I guess someone applied the patches in the wrong order. I use to have to write detailed instruction sets for the installation team at the bank:
Step 1. lift lid.
Step 2. turn around.
Step 3. undue belt and drop pants.
Step 4. (important) Sit.
Step 5. ....

Maizan
- Pinky, I feel this is a pain that is going to linger.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Re: Bad day at Bioware

Post by Bulwark » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Friday the 13th...

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:10 pm

I worked with a Data center supervisor who refused to apply changes on Friday the 13th and full moons. He was not superstitious at all, but in his experience people tended to make a larger number of dumb mistakes during those periods.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:25 pm

We just had a tornado come through Norman about a mile from me. Lost power, so I don't know when I would be on anyway. Supposed to be real bad here tomorrow with storms.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:29 pm

No damage I am hopin??

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Not for me. Power is back, the buildings atoms the comic book store I got are destroyed. Speeding bullet coca is untouched though. Ariel footage is pretty crazy of the hit and miss of the tornado. Seems we have the potential for a round two in about an hour.