Update 1.2 promo video

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Maizan
Priest
Update 1.2 promo video

Post by Maizan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Not sure if this has been seen or not. I did a quick look and did not see it posted. (But then again, I am blind)

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/com ... update-1.2

Maizan of the BlackRose
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Re: Update 1.2 promo video

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 pm

I found this link, which includes some pretty detailed notes on the entire guild leader summit:
http://dulfy.net/2012/03/05/swtor-guild ... -blogging/
particularly of interest are the Legacy/PvP/PvE seminars.

Some really cool guild features are coming soon:
-Built-in game Guild Calendar
-Guild Emblems
-Guild Capital Ships (we'll see those later on)
-Guild Taxation system - currently roadmapped, to come later.

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Here's the summary of stuff I found interesting from the Summit. I "live edited" a thread on the Unrepentant forums and then consolidated it for the Lounge on Tuesday... we'll be talking more about it in the coming weeks...

Psyko’s Notes from the Guild Summit:
(We probably want to talk about a couple panels each week since there’s SO MUCH)

Biggest info: Pushed back until APRIL (no date, not even “early” or “late” April).

What’s in the 1.2 Trailer:

New Warzone, Flashpoint and Operation
Legacy Family Tree
Legacy Abilities (was that a Juggernaut shooting flames like a BH and a BH using Force Choke @1:02)
Mailboxes on the ship. Yay!
Republic Sith Pureblood and Chiss? So they're letting you unlock the races in the game for either faction now...
UI customization... about damn time!
High-Res character textures.
Appearance Customization? Sweet!
Ranked Warzones (by solo and group), but still have unranked.
Corellia Dailies... I guess they needed something to do on the planet since most people only finish up the story quest and ignore the rest since they're 50 by the time they get there.
New Mini-Pets... cash sink (and probably annoyingly loud)
Guild Bank (Finally! )
New gear (Looks better than the PvP stuff for sure! )
They're removing vehicles, but adding more in?
Craftable Augments (don't know which class gets them)
New lightsaber colors now confirmed, but will they be loot ed or Artifice craftable (I'm hoping the latter).
Extractable Tier 2 Mods (assumes that means PvP/PvE Gear)
Droids gain affection... can we make them shut up?
Legacy Item Drops? What the hell does that mean? Items will drop from mobs that you can only use at certain Legacy levels?
New RolePlay emotes

Op/Flashpoint Panel:

The new PvP and PvE gear tiers will not be useful in the other type of content... Georg specifically said that "BattleMaster Gear won't be very useful in the Operations"... and that there's going to be different types of stats on the next level of gear (not new stats, just things like less accuracy on Heal gear). All Stat levels are getting a balance pass as well.
Limited Craftable PvP gear...
They also said that NONE of the current Operations/Flashpoints are hard and we're about to get a whole new level of WTFPWNED.
Georg has started a drinking game... every time they (Bioware) call an Op/FP a "Raid" he is calling out "drink!" :lol:
Ability to RE Operation gear drops to learn schematics? O.o WANT!

Warzone/PvP Panel:

New Warzone... same-faction, similar playstyle to Civil War
"Preseason" of Ranking PvP.
PvP dailies will become "Medals" instead of "Wins" (HELL YEAH! ). Catching the ball, scoring in Huttball, planting the bomb... will become Medals. 18 new medals...
Voidstar and Civil War will be faction v faction enabled! (1.2 or 1.3)
New purchasable PvP "entry gear" to help new 50s get some Expertise (and new War Hero tier will have even more Expertise :/ )
Ranked WZ will have full 8-man Queues!
Not a 1.2 thing, but WZ queues will become persistent soon.
Warzone challenges are coming, but not in 1.2 (This is the topic of Psyko’s segment)
And apparently there's a few issues with Ilum :lol:
Ranked WZ medals will be War Hero gear. Battlemaster will be regular WZ (and purchasable will be similar to Champion).
Best gear will be assembled from mods removed from PvP and PvE gear and slotted into CRAFTED gear. WooT!
Stats are getting a re-balance and "all theory-crafting will have to be redone".

Legacy Panel:

Legacy Species unlocks will require leveling the species to 50... so a Sith Pureblood Republic character will require a level 50 Sith Pureblood Imperial.
Finish Act 2 on a character and all your alts will get their buffs! (Inquisitor can buff BH buff, or ALL OF THEM). You can also buff your entire party, so a Trooper-Only PvP group will still be able to get all the buffs. The buffs will also apply to the mirror classes, so you're not limited to one faction (you'll get the faction specific buff though).
Legacy Unlocks can be earned or purchasable with credits (eventually, and not everything).
Social unlockables... unarmed combat skills for unarmed duels... dancing with companions...
Cooldown reductions for Quick Travel and Fleet Pass
BH JETPACK Speed Burst!
SPRINT TO LEVEL 1
A droid that will repair you gear, buy your items, and get improvements for the ship droid's crafting bonuses
Mailbox and GTN TERMINAL (really high up the Legacy Tree though)
The droid will get a vocal restraining bolt. (Massive cheers)
Legacy Item Drops... drops for Alts (bound to Legacy).
Cross-Faction mailing will become possible (not sure if it's only to your alts, or completely lifted). (Probably not 1.2)
Eventually Legacy will allow dual spec "pre-sets" and eventually full gear layouts.

Crafting/Crew Skills Panel:

Synthweaving, Armstech and Armormech will make the craftable Augments... Slicing will provide the mats.
They admitted Biochem (and to an extent Cybertech Grenades) are the only current useful endgame crafting skills.
Reusable Biochem stims will be phased out at some point.
BoP is going away in favor of BoE.
The current rare HM/OP mats will become nodes in the daily areas, and also not be BoP.
The learned missions won't fail anymore (the looted missions).

RolePlay Panel:

Bad joke about “the wrong kind of RolePlay” when half the people left, which caused more people to get up :P
Chat bubbles are back (they apparently made the game unplayable)
Orange gear like slave girl stuff will be viable for Medium and Heavy and a ton more orange things (like a male Slave Boy outfit...)
Other mount types like beasts are on the list but “no ETA”
Tauntaun pet in 1.2 (among others)
Friends list will let you comment on the person in the window again

RolePlay Panel:

Guild banks have 7 tabs... escalating costs per tab.
Tab permissions, option to require authenticators for tab access.
Guild ledger for money transactions, ranks have settable allowances.
Guild calendar! Share with non-members as well. (Probably not 1.2)
Guild Emblem for armor! (limited shapes apparently) (Probably not 1.2)
Guild advertising in-game via guild /who (Probably not 1.2)
Guild progression and guild Capital Ships are designed, but still a LONG way off.

UI Panel:

You can move and resize EVERY part of the UI. Individually or uniformly resize.
"Retro" preset puts the windows where most MMOs have them.
Target of Target is in 1.2.
More than 2 windows open at once.
This is about 85% of what they wanted to do in the first pass. More tweaks will be coming.
UI can be saves as XML files to trade with other people!
GTN is "80% less stupid"

“And the Rest” Panel:

Unify to chest is now a per piece setting. It's not a color match, it's a "theme look" so you will have a set that looks like it goes together, if not necessarily the same color.
More story coming... "this year". As a part of that, they specifically were asked about same-sex romances, because they want to do the story right, not just change the current dialogue to refer to the other gender.
There will be something coming in the future that will REQUIRE you to have characters of each faction.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Anyone on the test center? Look me up.

Sepultura - Sith Juggernaught.

1.2 looks...promising. Framerate and textures got a really nice boost. After spending a few solid hours pvp'ing, Sorcerers and Sages are a bit more "manageable" in WZs.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 pm

I finally looked at the patch notes today and I'm very very nervous for 1.2.

The changes to Gunnery don't look bad and the increased proc rate on curtain of fire coupled with the demo round increase could actually result in an net DPS increase, even with the grav round damage decrease.

Combat Medic on the other hand, goes from second to a clear and distant third place for healing desirability. Koloto Bomb effects 4 players instead of 3, whoopdeedo, it would be on par with the smuggler AoE heal except theirs got a buff as well so now while they heal the same number of players, the commando one just heals for less. And there is no need to compare to sages, their group heal went unchanged and was already superior to both.
Individually Trauma probe went from 0 ammo cost to 2 ammo, so that's an additional 2 ammo I have to spend every 30 seconds, or well, honestly I won't bother with refreshing it anymore during combat because 300 per hit every 3 seconds with 10 charges...it's like pissing in the ocean to try to turn it yellow, not worth the time or effort anymore. I have better uses for my ammo, especially when medical probe's ammo cost just went up. So in essence, my healing throughput has just been nerfed to shit. And oh yeah, I STILL don't have an In-Combat rezz like all the other healers do and my class buff is going to be covered by one of the tanks so what reason is there to bring a combat medic again, other than it's the only healer available?

EDIT: Someone did some napkin math in a thread I found, if these changes go live CM will see approximately a 35% DECREASE in healing throughput. So/we have until 1.2 hits to get another healer leveled and geared for Ops or we won't be able to kill anything if I'm being relied on to heal on Furiel because I'll be out of ammo in under a minute.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Ok, less ranting and more practicallity...

Found this article about guild banks - http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?artic ... -patch-1-2

So we need to start passing the hat because while the costs were a bit lower than I expected we still need a healthy amount of credits to get the bank unlocked to a reasonable level.

Tab 1 = 600k
Tab 2 = 1.5 mil
Tab 3 = 2 mil
Tab 4 = 3.5 mil
Tab 5 = ?
Tab 6 = ?
Tab 7 = ?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:46 pm

We are almost to 400k atm on gbanks.

Also those figures are test center and may not be final.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:12 pm

If they change I would honestly expect them to go up. They are already lower than what I expected BTH.

The Plush Family:

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:38 pm

I jumped on testcenter after downloading most of the afternoon, but I don't feel like leveling another alt just to see everything. If I could copy Dashl over, that would be nice.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Sigh - ok the CM nerf wasn't quite as bad as I thought. After actual raid testing on PTS last night apparently BH/CM healing is only seeing a 21% decrease in effectiveness, not the 35% I originally posted. Not as bad, but still really fucking bad and essentially spec killing because there are fights now we can beat that we can't beat if I'm 21% less effective.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Another fun change I just stumbled upon in 1.2...medpacs are now 1 use per fight, no more 90 second CD.

This change really just confirms my previous theory, Bioware has heard all the "uber l33ts" who say the game it too easy and instead of tweaking the content to make it more difficult and challenging instead they are nerfing the shit out of healing in this game to make the content "more difficult". There is no other reasonable or logical explanation for why they would massively nerf the 2 strongest healing classes and medpacs all at once.

The Plush Family:

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Furiel wrote:Another fun change I just stumbled upon in 1.2...medpacs are now 1 use per fight, no more 90 second CD.

This change really just confirms my previous theory, Bioware has heard all the "uber l33ts" who say the game it too easy and instead of tweaking the content to make it more difficult and challenging instead they are nerfing the shit out of healing in this game to make the content "more difficult". There is no other reasonable or logical explanation for why they would massively nerf the 2 strongest healing classes and medpacs all at once.
That certainly is the popular consensus on the matter. Given the facts, I sadly concur...*sigh*

It's hard enough to get healers in the game, as it is. Geesh...

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Here are the screenshots of the new endgame armor.

The smuggler PVE set looks ok. But...if Dashl plays his PvP cards right, he can finally look like the evil version of Aquaman.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote: The smuggler PVE set looks ok. But...if Dashl plays his PvP cards right, he can finally look like the evil version of Aquaman.
It will be a good follow up to the Japanese Ironman he has going.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Dodd Formeianna wrote: The smuggler PVE set looks ok. But...if Dashl plays his PvP cards right, he can finally look like the evil version of Aquaman.
It will be a good follow up to the Japanese Ironman he has going.
LOL. It's still better than the Jedi Consular PVP look. Whoever designed that one evidently is a big fan of Spartacus: Vengeance.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:39 pm

I think virtually every one of those sets is fugly. And why did they put them all on the I'm a fat fuck model?

The Plush Family:

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I saw the sage pve gear on a female, and the shoulder thing looked cool, but not on the fat male.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Also, I don't see the knight as evil aquaman, I see a ready made fanboy outfit for comic-con. Using the body type 4 male just helps the cosplayers get the dimensions right in time for that and E3.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Dashl wrote:Also, I don't see the knight as evil aquaman, I see a ready made fanboy outfit for comic-con. Using the body type 4 male just helps the cosplayers get the dimensions right in time for that and E3.
^WIN

The Plush Family:

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Furiel wrote:
Dashl wrote:Also, I don't see the knight as evil aquaman, I see a ready made fanboy outfit for comic-con. Using the body type 4 male just helps the cosplayers get the dimensions right in time for that and E3.
^WIN
QFE
Cuspar eats dead people.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:45 pm

CMs just got an in-combat rezz today, which appears to be the courtesy reach around they are giving CMs/merc healers after ass raping us with no lube.

The Plush Family:

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Furiel wrote:CMs just got an in-combat rezz today, which appears to be the courtesy reach around they are giving CMs/merc healers after ass raping us with no lube.
Speaking of ass-raping, I couldn't help but chuckle that the new ability is called: Emergency Medical Probe.

I can see it now..."Furiel probed me during last night's Ops. It was...traumatic to say the least, but strangely invigorating and brought me back to life..."

In all seriousness...this is long overdue. Any healers should have an in-combat rez, regardless of how classes are tweaked, since all other things being equal, we're all essentially mirroring the same functions through different abilities and classes...it's a no brainer. Glad to see you're catching up, Bioware.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote:
Furiel wrote:CMs just got an in-combat rezz today, which appears to be the courtesy reach around they are giving CMs/merc healers after ass raping us with no lube.
Speaking of ass-raping, I couldn't help but chuckle that the new ability is called: Emergency Medical Probe.

I can see it now..."Furiel probed me during last night's Ops. It was...traumatic to say the least, but strangely invigorating and brought me back to life..."

In all seriousness...this is long overdue. Any healers should have an in-combat rez, regardless of how classes are tweaked, since all other things being equal, we're all essentially mirroring the same functions through different abilities and classes...it's a no brainer. Glad to see you're catching up, Bioware.
What's funny is there are people who disagree with this change and say it's unneeded because they other 2 healers have a combat rezz so why should BH/CM have one. Well, other than as you said balance, there is also I dunno, what if it's the other effing healer that needs to be rezzed? For commando it appears that it's going to be an AC purchasable skill and not a talent ability which means all commandos should have access so battle rezzes can be pushed off to bulwark or myself as well, which will be handy if it is a healer that's dead because casting a b-rezz while trying to keep everyone else alive as the sole healer is a monumental task...

The Plush Family:

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:26 pm

More videos from the fb page....

This one is on the UI customization. And you can send your layouts to friends.

http://youtu.be/fDvfWn26cY0

Me
___
Sorry, got nothin.