My apologies...

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Cuspar
Cardinal
My apologies...

Post by Cuspar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:14 am

But "LeBron James: The Decision" makes me like America much, much less. :rodian:

(Although, I assume it makes most of you also like America mcuh, much less...)
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: My apologies...

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:18 am

When you labeled a thread "My apologies..." and you don't actually apologize for burning down the White House in the War of 1812 is kind of a cocktease there Cuspar.

Also I don't care about LeBron or the NBA and am of the opinion they can all go fuck themselves.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:52 am

I'm glad he's getting the hell out of Ohio. Maybe now I can hear/read about something related to the hockey team, 2 football teams and 2 baseball teams we apparently have in this state.

This is just more proof that basketball hasn't been about the game in more than a decade.

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:55 am

Blackferne wrote:Also I don't care about LeBron or the NBA and am of the opinion they can all go fuck themselves.
I don't think I could ever have said it better, with or without slurs that would be fitting.
Cuspar eats dead people.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:27 am

vespasian wrote:
Blackferne wrote:Also I don't care about LeBron or the NBA and am of the opinion they can all go fuck themselves.
I don't think I could ever have said it better, with or without slurs that would be fitting.
I'm just glad it's fucking over so I can turn ESPN on again in a couple days and see some baseball highlights again.

And yes Cuspar, it's a fucking embarassment that ESPN gave into to LeNarcissist Douche and gave him this "special"
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 am

Furiel wrote:
vespasian wrote:
I'm just glad it's fucking over so I can turn ESPN on again in a couple days and see some baseball highlights again.

And yes Cuspar, it's a fucking embarassment that ESPN gave into to LeNarcissist Douche and gave him this "special"
It was just as saturated with lebron as it was with tiger-yet more sickening as he has yet to do anything noteworthy or not. At least tiger was getting his rod waxed...with skanky skanky whores. Either way, I'm not watching espn right now as hockey and NFL are out of season.
Cuspar eats dead people.

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:34 pm

vespasian wrote:Either way, I'm not watching espn right now as hockey and NFL are out of season.
Since when has ESPN had more than 30 seconds of hockey news in any given year? Even now in the peak of free agency.

Oddly enough, there's a NHL "drama" with Ilya Kovalchuk demanding a 10-year, $100 mil contract that no one can give him... and it's more than Alexander Ovechkin makes. The only team to offer it was Atlanta who he told to go to hell. The Kings offered $70-ish mil and he laughed. He said he was going to Russia, but that team used its "salary cap free" spot for Evgeni Nobokov. He couldn't even get any attention from the LeBron-a-thon media madness. Hell, it's over and still all I see is stories about how it's going/not going to work in Miami. I've got to go to blogs to find out anything about Hockey.

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Fathead dropped the price of their LeBron decals to $17.41... the birthdate of Benedict Arnold :lol:

It's now sold out. :/

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Awesome!! That was a piece of marketing genius there.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Furiel wrote:I'm just glad it's fucking over so I can turn ESPN on again in a couple days and see some baseball highlights again.

See and I'm completely bummed out that since the World Cup is over there are no sports to watch again until August.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Dood wrote:
Furiel wrote:I'm just glad it's fucking over so I can turn ESPN on again in a couple days and see some baseball highlights again.

See and I'm completely bummed out that since the World Cup is over there are no sports to watch again until August.
Soccer is the ultimate Sportscenter sport. Give me a 2 minute highlight package and every play of significance through the entire match can be shown... And as such there is no reason to watch the actual match unless you are in need of a sleep aid.

The Plush Family:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Furiel wrote:
Dood wrote:

Soccer is the ultimate Sportscenter sport. Give me a 2 minute highlight package and every play of significance through the entire match can be shown... And as such there is no reason to watch the actual match unless you are in need of a sleep aid.
Yeah, I guess it is rather similar to baseball.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Dood wrote:
Furiel wrote:
Dood wrote:

Yeah, I guess it is rather similar to baseball.
Not really, you'd need 5-6 minutes to show the same for most baseball games. In a soccer match you get 5 or 6 good scoring chances in 90 minutes of gameplay, the average baseball game has 9 total runs scored, plus several other good scoring chances that teams miss for whatever reason.

The Plush Family: