Unsolicited Bragging

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
User avatar
Blackferne
Archbishop
Posts: 9554
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unsolicited Bragging

Post by Blackferne » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:32 pm

1. e4 e6
2. d4 d5
3. Nc3 c5
4. Nf3 Nc6
5. Bb5 a6
6. Bxc6+ bxc6
7. O-O Nf6
8. e5 Nd7
9. b3 Be7
10. Ng5 Bxg5
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

User avatar
Blackferne
Archbishop
Posts: 9554
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unsolicited Bragging

Post by Blackferne » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Jimer Lins wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:45 pm
Blackferne wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:39 pm
Blackferne wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:13 pm
Ahem....Norm 3 incoming after next weeks game. Two more to go after that.
Norm 3 of the Category 4 title secure.

And I am pretty sure I am getting my first category 3 norm. (If category 4 is baron, category 3 is viscount)
Congratulations, mate! Maybe I should look into doing some tournaments around here.
IIRC you still live in Washington: Here is the USCF list of clubs in your state (multiple pages) http://www.uschess.org/component/option ... temid,198/
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

User avatar
Blackferne
Archbishop
Posts: 9554
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unsolicited Bragging

Post by Blackferne » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:49 pm

Update:

The Club Championship was this past weekend.

My rating going in was 1408 and that put me in the middle tournament section (Reserve 1400-1799). I was the third lowest rated person in my section which meant that any win or draw was likely an upset.

Rating is an estimator of strength and there is math for what the expected result should be if two people play based on their rating difference. Below is my four games (round 5 the guy no-showed so I got a win by forfeit). Results of what actually happened in parentheses)


Round 1 vs 1543: 24% win chance, 60% loss chance 16% draw chance (Result:Win)
Round 2 vs 1687: 11% win chance 78% loss chance 11% draw chance (Result: Loss)
Round 3 vs 1622: 16% win chance 76% loss chance 13% draw chance (Result: Loss)
Round 4 vs 1600: 18% win chance 69% loss chance 14% draw chance (Result: Loss)

If I had gotten a draw or better in round 2-5 (ie round 5 guy shows up and we actually play) I would have gotten another norm.

Rating at the end of the tournament was 1411.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Post Reply