DVD ripper suggestions

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Furiel
Cardinal
DVD ripper suggestions

Post by Furiel » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:27 pm

Title pretty much says it all. I'm trying to rip a bunch of DVDs I own and get them over to munchkin's iPad for our trip tomorrow and I'm not having much success. Currently I'm trying to use Handbreak for this and I've got 2 issues. One it only recognizes about 70% of the dvds I try. The larger issue though is that the ones I do rip are coming out choppy and pixelated. I found a supposed solution on the intertubes to download, rename and move a dll to the handbrake folder and retry. That didn't work either.

Anyone have ideas on what next or suggestions for a different product to try?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Happyclam
Deacon

Re: DVD ripper suggestions

Post by Happyclam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:50 pm

I use anydvd myself as a intermediary to strip away any restrictions imposed on the dvd. With that, you can then use any product to rip the dvd over. I've used Nero/Roxio/and several others without issue.

Here's the link: http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html