Everquest 2 Extended

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Sir Psyko
Priest
Everquest 2 Extended

Post by Sir Psyko » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Anyone playing on Freeport (the F2P server?). Yeah, it's rather limited, but it's free, so I'm playing quite a bit.

I've got 2 accounts (mainly because we're tying to get an UnRepentant Guild formed there since the one on the paid servers died off, but also for the extra storage and crafting profession). And will be taking my main account to the Silver Membership this weekend after payday ($10 flat fee).

Pezi (28-ish Inquisitor/31-ish Provisioner) in New Halas, Izep (10-ish Bezerker/10-ish Weapon or Armor - undecided) and Zipe (11-ish Wizard/11-ish Jewler) both in Neriak (though Izep will be moving once the guild is formed).

There seems to be a lot more to do now than at the original launch, and I've progressed farther in a couple weeks than I did in the 8 months I played before on Guk.

Whiteness
Priest

Re: Everquest 2 Extended

Post by Whiteness » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:59 am

I've been trying to play but it is taking forever to preload the game assets. My internet connection is through my droid and 12 gigs is just too muc for it.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Sir Psyko
Priest

Re: Everquest 2 Extended

Post by Sir Psyko » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Yeah, that would be a little slow. There's rumors of the old launcher being out there to download the whole thing at once, but I've not found it.

You can leave the streaming launcher open and not play and it will continue to download (like overnight). It also has some settings that control the background download rate, and you may need to change that (through the launcher).

I'm an unofficial officer in the Unrepentant guild (we're still figuring out the whole thing) but we'll be an official branch of Unrepentant again soon, which means applications if anyone wants to join (not hard).