Reminder: Free Comic book Day and Star Wars Day

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Reminder: Free Comic book Day and Star Wars Day

Post by Blackferne » Fri May 02, 2014 3:52 pm

This weekend has two nerdy days you should know about:

First is Free Comic Book day. Most comic shops will give away free samples provided by publishers. They usually have a Batman, Spider-Man, and Superman titles, as well as others from independent imprints like IDW or Valiant.

Second Sunday is May the Fourth.

Check your area for Star Wars events to go to/take your kids, nieces, nephews, neighbors, or dogs to.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dashl
Cardinal

Re: Reminder: Free Comic book Day and Star Wars Day

Post by Dashl » Fri May 02, 2014 4:56 pm

I got an email from my local shop about free Batman comics. Also, I hated Amazing Spider-Man 2, for what that's worth.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Sat May 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Dashl wrote:Also, I hated Amazing Spider-Man 2, for what that's worth.
Why come?
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sun May 04, 2014 12:32 am

Fynn wrote:
Why come?

I will hide it in the spoiler.
Spoiler:
Okay, first of all, I thought the movie was very campy, like Adam West or Batman and Robin style camp. Jamie Foxx and the the german scientist were acting like they were in a different movie than everyone else. We also entered Superman Returns style crap, where Peter just stalks her for a month, and even admits it. Harry was told he was going to get sick and die, then all of the sudden has the disease.He seemed fine, then his hands were shaking and he was picking skin off his neck in a span of two minutes. Also, if you search your dad's files, and see that he has a suit that heals, why not get in that first, instead of looking for Spider-Man's blood? Even his character was over the top camp. I guess he had to make up for not having much screen time. I am sick and tired of the hero in a super hero movie, spending half the movie crying. How did Harry get magically cured at the end, but said that it "comes and goes"? Was it the suit he should have used in the first place? Why spend a chunk of the movie having Peter and Gwen break up and get back together? Harry knows who Spider-Man is, does everyone in prison now know, including the mystery man in the hat? It even hints that Aunt May knows. Also, Peter is supposed to be nerdy, and there is no way he would act like that at the graduation. When he is in the suit is when he is supposed to act like that. It had too many plots at one time, trying to set up the Sinister Six movie and Spider-Man 3.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Fri May 09, 2014 10:45 am

Dashl wrote:
Fynn wrote:
Why come?

I will hide it in the spoiler.
Spoiler:
Okay, first of all, I thought the movie was very campy, like Adam West or Batman and Robin style camp. Jamie Foxx and the the german scientist were acting like they were in a different movie than everyone else. We also entered Superman Returns style crap, where Peter just stalks her for a month, and even admits it. Harry was told he was going to get sick and die, then all of the sudden has the disease.He seemed fine, then his hands were shaking and he was picking skin off his neck in a span of two minutes. Also, if you search your dad's files, and see that he has a suit that heals, why not get in that first, instead of looking for Spider-Man's blood? Even his character was over the top camp. I guess he had to make up for not having much screen time. I am sick and tired of the hero in a super hero movie, spending half the movie crying. How did Harry get magically cured at the end, but said that it "comes and goes"? Was it the suit he should have used in the first place? Why spend a chunk of the movie having Peter and Gwen break up and get back together? Harry knows who Spider-Man is, does everyone in prison now know, including the mystery man in the hat? It even hints that Aunt May knows. Also, Peter is supposed to be nerdy, and there is no way he would act like that at the graduation. When he is in the suit is when he is supposed to act like that. It had too many plots at one time, trying to set up the Sinister Six movie and Spider-Man 3.
Well yuck...
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'