Final Fantasy 14 Beta (PS4)

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Dashl
Cardinal
Final Fantasy 14 Beta (PS4)

Post by Dashl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Going to see if it is any better than the first version from a few years ago. Cuspar and Marrkin, it is free for anyone with a PS4 from 2-22 to March 1.

Dashl
Cardinal

Re: Final Fantasy 14 Beta (PS4)

Post by Dashl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Pretty amazing so far. The music is great, has world event monsters all over for huge battles, and looks great. One problem playing on a console is that the text is very small, which leads to another problem, that not every NPC is voiced like SWTOR, so it is very old school and you have a lot of reading to do. Had to move my recliner closer to the TV, but you can use a mouse and keyboard on the PS4, and the touchpad on the PS4 controller works like a mouse pad on a laptop.

Seems to have a ton of quests, and lots to do, and it beats ESO at every turn. They really did a great job changing this from the first horrible version.

Edit: As usual with the share feature, I spammed the hell out of my facebook page last night with pics and video of the opening movie, going to upload some more today.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Been playing the pc version with my sister and her fiancée on Exodus. I had pre-ordered the original but cancelled shortly after based on the pre-order reviews so can't compare to the original but liking it so far.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:39 pm

The PS4 version will be like the PS3, and be able to play with people with the PC version. PS3 owners can move over to PS4 for free. I will say that "getting out of the bad" is much easier with a controller.