The Last of Us

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Dashl
Cardinal
The Last of Us

Post by Dashl » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:15 am

If you have a PS3, you need to play this. Cuspar and I are playing the hell out of this game right now. We need a youtube series of "Cuspar and Dashl play all of the games while texting".

Anyway, it is a great game.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Re: The Last of Us

Post by Cuspar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:05 am

It is unreal. And our text commentary is glorious. Who needs Ventrilo?!

PS - I reupped the Vent server for anther two years.
Cuspar

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:45 pm

So I picked this up knowing it would be phenomenal,
Then I started playing it, and the next day I realized "phenomenal" was completely wrong.....
This is probably the greatest game I have ever experienced.
The first day I picked it up I played it for about 8 hours solid, I went to bed, I had nightmares and dreams based on the content of the game.
The second day I played it, I went to bed again and had dreams based on the game content.
I find myself rooting for characters, and when there is emotional trauma to the NPC's I actually hear myself saying "aww" or sympathizing in some way.
I have found myself holding my breath as well as nearly hyperventilating from the tension they built into some situations.
I have to take breaks to keep from feeling overwhelmed at times.

The visuals are top-notch.
The voice dialog is superb. Not one bit of it sounds forced or cheesy.
The mechanics are fluid and responsive.
Combat is brutal, and unforgiving.
I actually have to "think" prior to making most actions.

This is the type of experience that renews my faith in the Gaming industry, and reiterates that there are actually people that take great pride in making a quality product for the masses.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:29 pm

I waited before buying it, because every game made by Naughty Dog I seem to beat the first day in one sitting. I was so glad I bought this. Even started the new fame plus right after beating the game. I have been waiting on Cuspar to finish it, because this game needs to be discussed.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:41 pm

It is unreal. Sadly, it takes FOREVER in 60 minute chunks...
Cuspar

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Cuspar wrote:It is unreal. Sadly, it takes FOREVER in 60 minute chunks...
Haha, yes it does.... I had one building-clearing session take nearly 45 minutes to complete it the way I wanted to. (all stealth-like)

Have not finished game yet either...

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:27 pm

I was very slow and stealth killed almost everything the first playthrough. On the second I became an 80's action star and shotgunned, molotov, and flamethrower my way to victory. I still have a pic of a pile of bodies I want to send Cuspar, but for spoiler reasons I can't do that.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Dashl wrote:I was very slow and stealth killed almost everything the first playthrough. On the second I became an 80's action star and shotgunned, molotov, and flamethrower my way to victory. I still have a pic of a pile of bodies I want to send Cuspar, but for spoiler reasons I can't do that.
Hopefully today. Hopefully
Cuspar