Somewhat concerned

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Marrkin
Bishop
Somewhat concerned

Post by Marrkin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Two things are bothering me and occupying my thoughts today:

1. I have learned that ESO is being labeled as a Multiplayer game, but it has no Endgame. No raids, no grinds, no gear to raid for. The best gear will be from player crafting. Basically it sounds more like they should have named it "Skyrim Online"...... won't stop me from playing it, but I am beginning to think that it will not maintain my interests beyond a certain point. I will still look forward to this game and the details surrounding it.

2. I found out in my morning meeting today that the national sales contract I have with "unnamed large airplane manufacturer" is not going to be renewed. Put that way it doesn't sound all that bad. When I add in that this is a contract worth approx 12 million dollars annually, in addition to being one of the biggest reasons my office here in the NW exists, it becomes a little bit more concerning. Fortunately there are opportunities with which this can be offset, but Jesus-Monte-Cristo-Sandwiches was that a blow to my day. Almost feels like a failure on my part specifically, though I know this is not the case.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Re: Somewhat concerned

Post by Cuspar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:56 pm

1. Interesting.
2. Shitty.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:57 pm

don't care about ESO. So onto point 2. That sucks. But if it is the large unnamed large aircaft manufacturer who is fond of digits larget than 6 but smaller than 8, I can totally see you being a bit freaked out. I hope that all pans out well.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Kinda messed up really, as the supplier that was awarded the contract is someone who has never (afaik) supplied this commodity before, and most likely has never dealt in this volume of product. Even worse, is they basically "paid" this "ULAM" to accept them as the contract supplier....

And the fact that my company has been a contracted supplier for a better part of the last 26 years. Sort of like being spit in the face..... then kicked in the balls.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Marrkin wrote:Kinda messed up really, as the supplier that was awarded the contract is someone who has never (afaik) supplied this commodity before, and most likely has never dealt in this volume of product. Even worse, is they basically "paid" this "ULAM" to accept them as the contract supplier....

And the fact that my company has been a contracted supplier for a better part of the last 26 years. Sort of like being spit in the face..... then kicked in the balls.
You're doing that backwards...first you kick them in the balls, then spit in their face.

It's done in this order because while they are groaning from the pain of the ball shot you can try to spit right in their mouth for additional effect.

This has been Furiel's PSA of the day.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Furiel wrote:
Marrkin wrote:Kinda messed up really, as the supplier that was awarded the contract is someone who has never (afaik) supplied this commodity before, and most likely has never dealt in this volume of product. Even worse, is they basically "paid" this "ULAM" to accept them as the contract supplier....

You're doing that backwards...first you kick them in the balls, then spit in their face.

It's done in this order because while they are groaning from the pain of the ball shot you can try to spit right in their mouth for additional effect.

Still wrong. If you kick them in the balls they may be bent over too far to have the spit get a good angle. You need to follow up the kick with a knee to the face if they are bent over too far, then they are prime targets on the recoil.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:

Still wrong. If you kick them in the balls they may be bent over too far to have the spit get a good angle. You need to follow up the kick with a knee to the face if they are bent over too far, then they are prime targets on the recoil.
Therein lies the challenge. It's all about timing and aim. You need to followup in the microseconds after making contact and aim for the chin or a little below so you can hit them while they are going down. If you knee them to the face your are likely to get their chin and snap thier jaw shut while standing them back up and have lost your opportunity.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 pm

You are looking at this the wrong way. To me, it sounds like there is a company out there that will soon realize it has NO FREAKING IDEA what it is doing, and will be desperate for someone who has worked at a place that has been doing this for 26 years. Looks like a big pay raise for you.

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:59 pm

The very sad reality is the this sort of bull shit happens too often. I am very sorry to hear about it and hope it works out for you specificilly. And the even sicker reality is that the new guys will screw up and screw up often, to the tune of millions and still get the contract next year. - someone is getting a big kickback.

Maizan
___
Sorry, got nothin.