Looks like Sony gets my money first...

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Marrkin
Bishop
Looks like Sony gets my money first...

Post by Marrkin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Cuz they basically buttraped Microsoft:

Forbe's PS4 Reveal @ E3

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Re: Looks like Sony gets my money first...

Post by TimmySchneeks » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Lol @ used game instructional video.

Always been a bit of a PS "fanboy" but never to the exclusion of the others. I'll definitely never buy an Xbox though as long as they require internet and restrict used games. My PS3 frequently travels, and usually is not connected when it does.
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:14 pm

I will most likely end up with both. Priority will just go to the PS4. Good chance I will put in my pre-order here in the next few days. I actually don't care one bit about the Xbox drawbacks except the used game bit. However I buy so few games now that the used game changes will probably have little-to-no effect on my play. I would basically be buying it for the xbox exclusive title's which I would buy outright anyway. As for the connection, oh well. Just means it's not the console to come with me when I go places. I'm a fan of each company cuz I'm a techno-nut. Though I really do think MS needs to go swallow their own neckties for a couple minutes just to see what they are doing to themselves.

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Both do Blu-Ray, right? If my PS3 dies for any reason, not sure if I'd just get a cheapie BR player or one of those to replace. As far as games etc, I'll only be interested when they hit the $250 mark after a year or two.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Per-ordered both today. PS4 because it's awesome, XB1 because Halo.
Cuspar

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Yes both do Blu-Ray now, which is also another issue.

I already have a PS3, and a BR player. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. I do not need another one in my living room by purchasing the XbOne right now. Even buying the PS4 is extraneous... buuuut it's cheaper.

Again though, I know I will end up with both. Probably buy the XbOne next year.

Oh, and DESTINY...... omg it looks like eye-sex.....

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 pm

I broke my own rule of not buying launch day consoles and pre ordered a PS4 today. I have a PS3 and a 360, but it just kills me all the stupid things the Xbox one, or xbone, is doing. I will miss going after crazy achievements. I like renting and buying used games, mainly because I seem to beat the game pretty quick.

Borderlands + Halo = Destiny. That game looks awesome.

I know I will end up with the xbone, Dead Rising 3 looks awesome. Ryse looks cool, and of course Halo.

Cuspar and I were texting back and forth the whole PS3 conference, that was some pretty funny stuff.

My launch day rule is because I have been through 2 Playstation's, 3 Playstation 2's, and I am on my fifth Xbox 360. I have a launch system 60gb PS3, but I didn't get it until a year after it came out, which was six months after they stopped making that version. I was pretty lucky to find it.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Where'd you pre-order at? I'll probably put mine in here shortly, but I haven't ever pre-ordered a launch item.

At least you still get the trophy's on the PS4, no different than achievements really...

We should definitely all hook up on something when that bad boy releases! I know I got you friended already Dash, I can add other peeps if they want, or add me...both consoles: speedbumpLV (just tell me who ya are lol) :rave:

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:13 am

I went to Gamestop, where they want 100 dollars to reserve, which is applied to the final cost. I know Cuspar went to Best Buy, where they only charge 50 bucks to reserve either console. With the amount of games I have to trade in, and five or so months left, only today will my wallet take a hit.

I don't think I added you on Xbox Live, I have you on PS3. I am Dashl on live and Dashl- on Playstation. Just renewed my Playstation Plus today, which is in the fine print that you need to do multiplayer on PS4.

Leth
Priest

Post by Leth » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 am

http://www.giantbomb.com/tom-clancy-s-t ... 030-42918/

this game looks like its gunna be fun on the bun.
The Deacon of DPS

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:07 am

There is just no way that Destiny isn't going to be the best game ever.

Cuspar

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:14 am

The Battlefield 4 video with the crazy skyscraper footage looks awesome. I still think Dead Rising 3 looks the coolest out of all the launch games for either system. Probably get Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4 with the PS4. I still plan on getting GTA 5, and Saints Row 4 for 360. Arkham Orgins I might get on PS3 just because of the Adam West Batman skin.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:34 am

PS4 pre-ordered today.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:23 am

Less than 27 hours away! I have the camera, Assassins Creed 4, Madden 25, Killzone Shadow Fall, and Battlefield 4. I think Cuspar bought all the launch games.

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:01 pm

___
Sorry, got nothin.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Dashl wrote:Less than 27 hours away! I have the camera, Assassins Creed 4, Madden 25, Killzone Shadow Fall, and Battlefield 4. I think Cuspar bought all the launch games.
Hey - I only additionally bought COD and Lego Marvel. And Knack. I didn't buy Just Dance.
Cuspar

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:19 pm

PS. I'm skoobz2001 on PSN. Friend me.
Cuspar

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:37 am

Request sent! I'm "speedbumpLV"

So far on games I have only picked up Killzone and COD. I also grabbed Warframe from the PS Store. Its free so I figured I'd give it a shot. Supposed to have team multiplayer combat. I also pre-ordered Destiny, can't wait for that bad boy.

Has the AC series gotten away from the kill-this-guy-and-climb-this-tower repetitive play the first 2 AC's had?

Sent using smoke signals from my campfire.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:32 pm

No, but it has kick ass naval battles now. That was the best part of 3, and they said 60% of 4 is the ship battles.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:48 am

Uploading everything I play to my facebook page.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Thought I'd post this link just because of our discussions Saturday evening:

Seagate 1TB HDD for $82.00

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:38 am

That is the cheapest I have seen. I have 280gb free right now, and I haven't even opened Battlefield 4. You can't upgrade the Xbone though, but you can do external, just not at launch and they haven't said when that will be.