Game of Thrones/Princess Bride video (SPOILERS SPOILERS)

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Game of Thrones/Princess Bride video (SPOILERS SPOILERS)

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:53 am

Do not click if you have not read the Third book of Game of Thrones or watched through Season 3 of Game Thrones. You have been warned.
Spoiler:
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Maizan
Priest

Re: Game of Thrones/Princess Bride video (SPOILERS SPOILERS)

Post by Maizan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:23 pm

The joy of Droid tablets. I click show and I get a blank page.
:rave:

Maizan
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Blackferne wrote:Do not click if you have not read the Third book of Game of Thrones or watched through Season 3 of Game Thrones. You have been warned.
Spoiler:
This is pretty much exactly how I felt. I will never trust George R.R. Martin again. Watching that particular episode was the emotional equivalent of getting a gigantic chocolate chunk cookie, only to realize after you've bitten into it that those bits of chocolate are actually raisins. :woe:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote:
Blackferne wrote:Do not click if you have not read the Third book of Game of Thrones or watched through Season 3 of Game Thrones. You have been warned.
Spoiler:
This is pretty much exactly how I felt. I will never trust George R.R. Martin again. Watching that particular episode was the emotional equivalent of getting a gigantic chocolate chunk cookie, only to realize after you've bitten into it that those bits of chocolate are actually raisins. :woe:
I'll assume you haven't read the books then since from what I gather most of the people who had read the books are like this.

Also a joke jess saw on twitter.
Why is George RR Martin not on twitter? Because he killed all 140 characters.
Jounville Blackferne

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Blackferne wrote:I'll assume you haven't read the books then since from what I gather most of the people who had read the books are like this.

True. That's pretty much exactly how Myrellia reacted, facial expressions, gestures and all. She's up to speed on the novels.

On the flipside, I'm so invested in the show right now, I don't want to spoil what happens next by reading the books. Reading books without pretty pictures take time, effort, and energy...three things I don't seem to have much of these days outside of my work and studies.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah the books are LONG LONG LONG. I have them on Kindle and it is just forever for the % read to go up by 1.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:16 am

People who only watch the show on the left and right. Book reader in middle.

Cuspar

Vespasian
Cardinal

Post by Vespasian » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Cuspar wrote:People who only watch the show on the left and right. Book reader in middle.

QFE

My wife Sarah was shocked and appalled. One of her coworkers was over, never read the books, never saw any episodes, really wants to get into the series. Sarah told her to watch it with us and no matter how much I said 'she really should start from the beginning, not hop in at the episode called 'the rains of castamere' they wouldn't listen.

Their reactions were priceless.
Cuspar eats dead people.