ArmA 2 and the DayZ mod.

A forum to discuss topics and issues outside of Star Wars The Old Republic. Warning: topics about Politics or Religion will be held to a higher standard of moderation due to the increased risk of flame wars. When in doubt be civil.
Darklinda
Priest
Re: ArmA 2 and the DayZ mod.

Post by Darklinda » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Dashl wrote:I didn't know it had crowbars. That is pretty cool.

So if Dark has this now, the next time I login I expect we should have seven working helicopters, four tanks, and a bicycle with a mounted machinegun.
litle secret i hate to use the keyboard...

about the server found this http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/ ... erver-now/ or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDxC3P5E ... ature=plcp

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:00 pm

and hurray for me cause i was playing with the private (read unofficial and lan only on my case) servers now i need to redownload the game...

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:28 pm

a better map. This one marks all the buildings that have loot.
http://dayzmap.info/

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:33 am

after much playing arround on with the server things i think i got a server up and runing so now i will need some lab rats to see if it works also still need to find on how you guys are going to join it

so later today we need to get together on vent and so on

edit all is working now your beta client needs to be 1.62.95.208 for my server and also i have a big ping name of server is church of alvis dayz you will need a pass

to get the server pass log into vent and read my coment

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:23 pm

I can't find it in the server list Dark...
Cuspar

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:27 pm

k forgeth the beta thing i post on top you don't need it

and to find it you need to open operation arrohead normaly and then go to multiplayer ...sixlauncher will not find it and i have no idea on how to get it to work on that one

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Sounds good. I got some nice loot and I look forward to not get banditted.
Cuspar

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:11 pm

It says something along the lines of "I can't play/edit the mission because blah blah blah..." Any ideas on what I need to do?
Cuspar

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 pm

yes go to steam your steam file then to steamapps and then to operation arrohead and run the client from there also chek to see if you have @dayz file there

maybe there is an update and that is geting the allthing wrong

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:28 pm

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/top ... n-deleted/

Still not working. Hmm.

Got it. Wasn't launching Combined Operations. You have to right-click Operation Arrowhead in Steam to find it. Now if I can figure out how to make it fullscreen...

See you guys on there later.
Cuspar

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:35 pm

give me like 20 minuts looks like there is a new version of the allthing and you may be on that new version already...

wait you got it to work nice...

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 pm

It is awesome to be on and not worry about banditos.

Edit: Stuck on the loading screen though now.
Cuspar

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 pm

I like having to deal with bandits. Makes the game that much more realistic and intense. Every encounter with another survivor is suspenseful, which makes it even more special when you find a friendly.

One of features of the game is that you can proactively deal with bandits by hunting them down and killing them. Now, the hackers and disconnect cheaters are another story.
Swell Guy/Man's Man

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:02 pm

BTW. That patch made the zombies much harder to get around. They aggro on everything. You can't crawl anywhere near them.
Swell Guy/Man's Man

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:13 am

OMG this game cheats so hard. I was able to score a DMR. Had 6 clips for it, blood bag, water bottle, binocs, czech backback, food, hunting knife and plenty of bandages. Zombie runs up to me, one shot knocks me out and kills me with full health. Bah.
Swell Guy/Man's Man

Vespasian
Cardinal

ArmA 2 and the DayZ mod.

Post by Vespasian » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:16 am

Raikir wrote:OMG this game cheats so hard. I was able to score a DMR. Had 6 clips for it, blood bag, water bottle, binocs, czech backback, food, hunting knife and plenty of bandages. Zombie runs up to me, one shot knocks me out and kills me with full health. Bah.
haven't you seen zombie movies or the walking dead? All it takes is one scratch, one nibble, one money shot and your dead, it doesn't matter about armor, weapons or first aid.
Cuspar eats dead people.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:58 pm

For fun and easy zombie killing in co-op, try Dead Rising 2 or Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Those are a lot of fun with a friend. I do enjoy how realistic DayZ is. I just want to actually play something online again.

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:55 am

Vespasian wrote:
Raikir wrote:OMG this game cheats so hard. I was able to score a DMR. Had 6 clips for it, blood bag, water bottle, binocs, czech backback, food, hunting knife and plenty of bandages. Zombie runs up to me, one shot knocks me out and kills me with full health. Bah.
haven't you seen zombie movies or the walking dead? All it takes is one scratch, one nibble, one money shot and your dead, it doesn't matter about armor, weapons or first aid.
Yeah. I was just blowing off some steam. That is the best I have done so far and to die so easily was aggravating. The cheaters would just alt-f4 and keep all their stuff.

The realism of the game is why I keep playing. Even though it pisses me the fuck off sometimes :)
Swell Guy/Man's Man

Vespasian
Cardinal

ArmA 2 and the DayZ mod.

Post by Vespasian » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Raikir wrote:
Vespasian wrote:
Yeah. I was just blowing off some steam. That is the best I have done so far and to die so easily was aggravating. The cheaters would just alt-f4 and keep all their stuff.

The realism of the game is why I keep playing. Even though it pisses me the fuck off sometimes :)
best answer I could have expected.
Cuspar eats dead people.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm

woot! I looted an M16 with a grenade launcher attached. Watch out zombies, I bring the pain!

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:36 am

something something, .50 cal sniper rifle something something boom! :j_biggrin:

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 pm

DayZ Commander

Much better server browser than six launcher. Be sure to check the 2 Steam options (it launches using Steam so the steam overlay works in the game).
Swell Guy/Man's Man