I'm REing smuggler healing gear

A forum to discuss topics and issues relevant to the Smuggler class in Star Wars The Old Republic.
Blackferne
Archbishop
I'm REing smuggler healing gear

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:40 pm

I have started REing for scoundrel healing and I got a +surge +power purple bracers (item level 126).

Expert Biorestorative Bracers
Binds on Equip
Wrists
313 Armor (Rating 126)
Durability: 100/100
Total Stats:
+62 Cunning
+41 Endurance
+6 Critical Rating
+20 Surge Rating
+18 Power

If you are interested in a pair let me know and I can get them made for you. Remember finding fully moddable orange bracers and belts is kind of hard. Next up belt on my RE train.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Re: I'm REing smuggler healing gear

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:53 pm

These sound like they might be superior to what I currently have, healing-wise. Will need to confirm next time I log in (likely not tonight), but I am definitely interested.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote:These sound like they might be superior to what I currently have, healing-wise. Will need to confirm next time I log in (likely not tonight), but I am definitely interested.
I'm making a pair for Jess and another Snarker. I'll make a third just in case to giv eyou. If you don't want I can just sell it or give to Veela.
Jounville Blackferne

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Dodd Formeianna wrote:These sound like they might be superior to what I currently have, healing-wise. Will need to confirm next time I log in (likely not tonight), but I am definitely interested.
I'm making a pair for Jess and another Snarker. I'll make a third just in case to giv eyou. If you don't want I can just sell it or give to Veela.
Thanks...It's difficult to tell from my work without logging in, because I believe my bracers have higher cunning and overall armor.

Part of the problem is - I'm still not certain if surge or power is superior to stacked cunning, too. Some pieces might appear to have inferior stats at an initial glance, and drop my HP but in reality provide a nicer overall boost to my healing tech due to the spread of secondary stats (power/crit/surge/alacrity, which all factor in to healing scores).

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Something I found in regards to my tanking stats were that getting the secondary stats made me just as durable it seemed as Cuspar who stacked primary stats. I think that it is better to have more well rounded stat composition, but until combat logs give us math to crunch we won't know if 1 cunning =1 power or what.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Thanks...It's difficult to tell from my work without logging in, because I believe my bracers have higher cunning and overall armor.

Part of the problem is - I'm still not certain if surge or power is superior to stacked cunning, too. Some pieces might appear to have inferior stats at an initial glance, and drop my HP but in reality provide a nicer overall boost to my healing tech due to the spread of secondary stats (power/crit/surge/alacrity, which all factor in to healing scores).
Surge vs. power is completely dependant on your crit rate. If your crit rate is very low then you're going to see more of a boost from power, whereas at higher crit rates surge will benefit you more. That's the gist of what I've gotten from the reading I've done. Like right now my crit rate is like 37% so surge is better for me than power, however if my crit rate was like 15% then power would be better. Then again that's trooper healing, where crit is king because we have smaller, faster casting heals compared to snugglers and sages so we need the crit and surge to boost our heals otherwise when the tank is low trying to heal them is like pissing in the ocean trying to turn it yellow.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Well the three RE steps on this piece were as follows:

A Biorestorative Bracers (+62 Cunning,+41 Endurance,+6 Critical Rating) is a green and has three options for RE: Critical, Overkill, or Redoubt (blues with crit, power, or defense respectively). I got redoubt first which was useless so I kept REing the greens until I got overkill. That made Overkill Biorestorative Bracers (+62 Cunning,+41 Endurance,+6 Critical Rating, +18 power). I made over 50 of those trying to get an RE. The options on the second RE are Surge, Alacrity, Presence, Shield, or Accuracy. The first RE proc I got was Shield. That is useless so I kept going until I got Surge leading to Expert Biorestorative Bracers (+62 Cunning,+41 Endurance,+6 Critical Rating, +18 power, +20 Surge)

Basically the way REing works based on my seed item you were going to either have:
+24 crit and (+20surge or +20 Alacrity)
or
+6 Crit, +18 power, and (+20 Surge or +20 Alacrity)
Jounville Blackferne

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 pm

How are these any different than what a sharpshooter would need? We're all about the crit and surge.
Swell Guy/Man's Man

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Raikir wrote:How are these any different than what a sharpshooter would need? We're all about the crit and surge.
There is another set I could RE off of that would be similar but has accuracy on it which is something else you would be lusting after.
Jounville Blackferne

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:58 am

make me one please

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:08 am

Darklinda wrote:make me one please
On it.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Here's an interesting bit about orange gear vs purple gear.

I paid 80k for purple bracers plus 50k for an augment for them. For curiosity's sake, I bought orange, two slot bracers for 300k, and put in level 51 armoring and a level 50 enhance or mod (can't remember). The net difference in stats is nearly 100 points in FAVOR of the purple.

Level 56/58 mods etc are now on the GTN but cost like 300-400k and up. With those in, it would be close or in favor of the orange - but cost/benefit seems to be in favor of purple (for a tank vanguard, anyway).
Cuspar

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:45 pm

I bought three of the level 58 mods (armor,mod, enhancement) off the GTN. I then compared my chest piece to the Rakata Sentinel piece, and mine is now better in every stat, including armor. Going to be expensive to keep doing this, but I guess I won't have to worry about Hard/Nightmare modes.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:21 pm

I've been working on belts and using this as a seed: http://www.torhead.com/item/2j0PSeS/bonded-mesh-belt

Bonded Mesh Belt
Binds on Equip
Waist
313 Armor (Rating 108)
Total Stats:
+50 Cunning
+43 Endurance
+20 Critical Rating

I got the Overkill Tier one proc

Bonded Mesh Belt
Binds on Equip
Waist
313 Armor (Rating 118)
Total Stats:
+50 Cunning
+43 Endurance
+20 Critical Rating
+22 Power

And as of this morning got the Hawkeye and Commander Tier 2 proc:
Bonded Mesh Belt
Binds on Equip
Waist
313 Armor (Rating 126)
Total Stats:
+50 Cunning
+43 Endurance
+20 Critical Rating
+25 Power
+28 Accuracy (Hawkeye) or +28 Presence (Commander)

And while neither of those are ideal for healers, I could see the Hawkeye being really useful to a Gunslinger. I'm still working towards Expert (+Surge) or Vehemence (+Alacrity).

If you want one of those belts let me know.
Jounville Blackferne

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Me like the hawkeye.
Swell Guy/Man's Man

njessi
Scribe

Post by njessi » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Dashl wrote:I bought three of the level 58 mods (armor,mod, enhancement) off the GTN. I then compared my chest piece to the Rakata Sentinel piece, and mine is now better in every stat, including armor. Going to be expensive to keep doing this, but I guess I won't have to worry about Hard/Nightmare modes.
I'm not impressed with the Columi set bonus for sentinel, or the lame-ass look. If better pants opportunities present themselves, I'm all over it.
Mistress of Hawtpants

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:13 am

Update on the belt. I now have it like the Hawkeye but with Alacrity or +shield instead of accuracy.

I'm running really low on Mandalorian Iron so if you want a pair I may as k you to front that until my supply gets back up.
Jounville Blackferne

Veela
Deacon

Post by Veela » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 pm

How would one begin stockpiling Mandalorian Iron?
Veela
Bishop via Guild Banker | Sawbones | Black Magic Internet Witch

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Veela wrote:How would one begin stockpiling Mandalorian Iron?
Each of the pieces above needs 2. But to answer your question it comes from underworld trading missions (49-50 grade 6) Underworld Metal yields. I get some from time to time when doing those. The only way to guarantee is to run a UT Crafting Skill Mission 340 which will yield 2-4 usually. They run 30k+ on the AH and give you other valuable stuff too. Mandalorian Iron typically sells between 12-15k per unit on the GTN.
Jounville Blackferne

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:20 pm

This... I Command!

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 pm

i have some iron of those will not give but will sell it for less than gtn price to guildies

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:45 pm

New item of interest!

Expert Biorestorative Boots
Binds on Equip
Feet
313 Armor (Rating 126)
Total Stats:
+50 Cunning