Trooper Mentor and Resource thread

A forum to discuss topics and issues relevant to the Republic Trooper class in Star Wars The Old Republic.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Trooper Mentor and Resource thread

Post by Blackferne » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:46 am

Okay this thread is specifically designed to list guildies (or friends of the guild) who are interested as servering as a mentor to up and coming troopers. If you are interested please respond and you will be edited into the first post and be sure to mention spec trees you feel comfortable mentoring. In addition if people know of good trooper resources post and I will make it into this sticky.

Mentors
Jounville Shield Spec Vanguard
Furiel Gunnery and Combat Medic Commando
Bulwark Gunnery

Resources
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: Trooper Mentor and Resource thread

Post by Furiel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Having successfully DPSed and Healed a raid I feel that I can speak semi-intelligently about both Gunnery and Medic trees of the Commando AC.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:16 pm

I can give advice on gunnery commando as well.

Leth
Priest

Post by Leth » Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 pm

My commando is stuck at level 44. I got there as gunnery with Elara healing. When I hit belsavis it seems the mobs just fucked me up. I Was/am equipped in crafted armor of blue level appropriate gear but my focus was almost exclusively aim. My question is, Should I pump a bunch of creds into Stam gear for me and hope I can dps tank with Elara healing or go healing and pump money into gear for one of the tanks?
The Deacon of DPS

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon May 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Leth wrote:My commando is stuck at level 44. I got there as gunnery with Elara healing. When I hit belsavis it seems the mobs just fucked me up. I Was/am equipped in crafted armor of blue level appropriate gear but my focus was almost exclusively aim. My question is, Should I pump a bunch of creds into Stam gear for me and hope I can dps tank with Elara healing or go healing and pump money into gear for one of the tanks?
Nope, you need to start playing smarter. Leveling as gunnery the only places I couldn't just dump truck my way through once I got elara was Bugtown on Balmorra and Belsavis. You need to use the skills you've got and you'll be fine.
1) You can't pull more than 1 group at a time.
2) If there is more than 1 silver in the group, CC one and stick to single target attacks to systematically eradicate the enemy.
3) Use concussion charge to keep melee mobs off you and prioritize them first.
4) Cryo grenade is your friend.
5) Kill weak mobs to strong mobs.
6) When picking someone to concussion round, always CC the most powerful target, like if it's a gold and a silver, CC the gold
7) Make sure Elara is in her healing stance (she turns it off occasionally) and turn off all her attacks but the carbon spray.
8) Make sure Elara's gear is updated as well.

Belsavis is a fucking death trap. You are 44, you are big enough to leave, just do you class story stuff there and get off, you'll spend plenty of time back there doing dailies later anyway.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Furiel wrote: 5) Kill weak mobs to strong mobs.
THE GOLDEN RULE IN SWTOR!
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon May 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote: 5) Kill weak mobs to strong mobs.
THE GOLDEN RULE IN SWTOR!
It really is because of the way BW seems to escalate damage.

While a normal will do less damage then a strong or an elite, the normals dies alot faster, so teh total damage potential for the group goes down as the group size goes down, therefore you take less damage overall by killing the normals first then moving on to the elites and up as opposed to doing it the other way.

The Plush Family:

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon May 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Leth wrote:My commando is stuck at level 44. I got there as gunnery with Elara healing. When I hit belsavis it seems the mobs just fucked me up. I Was/am equipped in crafted armor of blue level appropriate gear but my focus was almost exclusively aim. My question is, Should I pump a bunch of creds into Stam gear for me and hope I can dps tank with Elara healing or go healing and pump money into gear for one of the tanks?
How well is Elara geared?

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Tue May 15, 2012 12:04 am

easy way just use your tank and spec has helaer it wll take more time to kll stuff but you almost never die...

njessi
Scribe

Post by njessi » Tue May 15, 2012 2:07 pm

There is a lvl 40 bonus series on alderaan if you need another level before moving on.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Mistress of Hawtpants